This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uninstall update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uninstall update?
    Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 5:44pm
Anybody know how to uninstall an update on an iPhone?
Those butt-wipes automatically updated an IOS, last nite, and I hate it.
Everything is moved around
Bunch of crap I don’t want
I accidentally left it plugged in overnight, with cellular on, and Bluetooth on, darn it!
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 5:45pm
Once loaded is permanent

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 6:13pm
How do I contact these miserable cretinous bast*rds?
I want this reversed!
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 6:14pm
Well, all I can say is try and get used to it, or switch phone types. If you don’t keep up on updates, eventually stuff quits working correctly and support stops.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:41pm
Never owned an Iphone, for that reason.  They started that way back when!  My Droid asks me!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 9:50pm

Hey Lars,,,they will prolly tell you like MicroSoft told me about them friggin updates on Windows 10,,,"Microsoft owns the program and when you bought either the program or the computor that has it , you agreed to allow Microsoft to make such updates",,,Not what you want to hear, but Microsoft does got the upper hand,,same as Apple with their IPhones.
 Now,,as an aside, I recently had to contact Microsoft on my super secret number they gave me,, the tech DID mention that MS was getting so much flak about those updates that their forward looking plans were to soon develop something different from having all their marbles in an operating system and develop something different that would run on it's own and run til failure, I think I would rather have the  finicky updates than have to buy something that you KNOW is going to run til failure with no support from the mfgr,,,,,,?? Sometimes we gotta watch what we ask for,,,,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2021 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Never owned an Iphone, for that reason.  They started that way back when!  My Droid asks me!
John, my droid doesn't ask and I also HATE these updates and DO NO WANT THEM.  IF, as they say, they own the software, and so therefore they have to up date it, then THEY should PAY us for all the time it doesn't work!!
WHAT THE HELL ever happened to the "customer is ALWAYS right???  The big companies don't care about us at all anymore and especially since our govt caved in and allows them to do what they want.  MONEY under the table....
Can you tell I'm pizzed?!?!  Rightfully so....  We need/MUST stop all this GRAFT to politicians and get things back to US, the "WE THE PEOPLE".
I'm REALLY mad, cause I've just spent 12 hours that I'll never get back WAITING for one of those so called American companies to come to my house.  It's FedEx for a return and they NEVER SHOWED UP!!  NO PHONE call or anything.  NO contact of any kind and I'm supposed to sit here and like it.  Oh, by the way, there is NO (I REPEAT NO) phone number to call to complain.  Am I happy??
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 4:32am
Will forewarn
If do not keep up with updates may be able to make a call but the phone itself can lock up
Sis in Law did not backup nor update her phone for a period of months, got to where she could not take photos or add calendar notes

She took it to a ATT store they could not help where we sat on my phone speaking to a Apple tech and backed up her phone adding all the previous updates
Back to full function EXCEPT the warning
Iphone 6 will become unsupported in less than a year at which time they may cease functioning much as hers had and drop ability to call as well.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2021 at 12:56pm
Wink You could all remain in the dark ages like me. Wink I only have a hand me down flip phone and I only turn it on maybe once a month to see if it needs charged. I got the old rusty wires to my house as no cell service. 

LOL I get my jollies watch the the stockholders adult kids trying to use all the devices at the annual board meeting (Christmas). I think service is sneaking up on me, my kids say there enough service to send a text message most of the time.Ouch

Yes I can see why you have a cell on most all the time, Confused but many time why?
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2021 at 12:58pm
nuttin you can do about it! ---been thru that same chit here too. aint right but they dont care about the customers. --- MOST of the chit they put on our phone either dont work or stuff we would never use.
My road trip phone is off til I need to make a call and when I turn it on---gotta wait an hour for the stupid updates before they let me make a call.  so leaving it off wont work either.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic