This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TRACTORMOTIVE.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurphyLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TRACTORMOTIVE.
    Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 8:01am
I am looking for more owners of the Allis Chalmers TL10.

So little information about the early wheel loaders like the TL10 built by TRACTORMOTIVE so here is a new piece to consider.
I spoke with the son of the founder many years ago..when I restored one of the first TL10's with the serial# 35
He was helpful with some details but we have lost contact.
Is there a registry for the TL series?

The torque converter is marked as Serial #36.
If you have one or want one post me here

Murphy Lake
Sponsored Links

Pipeline Badger View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipeline Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 12:54pm
I have a TL 20 and would love to know more about them.
MurphyLake View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurphyLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 6:47pm
TractorMotive was an Ohio maker of wheel loaders. Used by government and municipalities the original TL10 was powered by an Allis Chalmers WC engine..and featured a torque converter with a reversing shuttle clutch.
Later Allis Chalmers purchased TRACTORMOTIVE ..adding a wheel loader to the construction line

My yellow Tl10 has a magneto so that may help date the time period in which it was built.
It's wheel hubs read TRACTORMOTIVE ...the serial is #35 and the torque converter is serial #36.

Purchased in the mid 70's from the Milwaukee Sears service centerl it was in good working order.
I used it on the farm to move snow dirt and manure. Later I did a frame off restoration...upgraded to a WD45 engine, added power steering..and auxiliary hydraulic....to operate a 30" Vermeer tree spade mounted to the arms.
At the time the local Fiat Allis dealer could get all the parts and manuals...

Perhaps this forum will help Discover the history of the TL..
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 7:37pm
The TL-10 replaced the TL-W which was based on the WF tractor and wore WF sheet metal. I have a TL-W and was also incontact with the son of the founder about 15 years ago. Have not been able to contact him since so he may not be with us anymore. He did send me copies of all the info that he had on the TL-W. I would think that the TL-10 would have the same engine as the WD based on the years on production. I do have some Tractomotive literature so I will look. Tractomotive was based in Deerfield Ill and was founded by a ex A-C engineer. They built loaders and attachments for the A-C crawler line as well as wheel loaders and sold all their products exclusivly through A-C industrial dealers. Tractomotive worked so closely with A-C that A-C purchased them in 1959.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2013 at 9:25pm
I have a TLB and a TL-6, looking for a TLW. The Allis Chalmers Construction Machinery book has a chapter on the Tractomotive equipment. I haven't seen a registry for them anywhere.
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2013 at 8:55pm
I must have run across the same guy about 10 years ago. he sent me some original sales brocures, and letters from his father to allis chalmers prior to them purchasing tractomotive. I have #735 but do not know if I will be able to put her back together again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic