This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tractor Data site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tractor Data site
    Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 12:46pm
Something people might want to look at is this listings of tractors and data on them , answers a lot of questions and gives a lot of information on each .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

AllisChalmers37 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisChalmers37 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 6:08pm
I always look at that site. Very helpful for telling horse power, year models, and other specific details.
1937 WC, 1950 CA, 1959 D14, 1967 190XT, 2006 Ram 3500
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 6:33am
It's agood site but it always shows the D17 starting in 1958 and it forgets about the over 3,000 built in 1957 and doesn't show those serial numbers. That's what made it hard for me to get started in the local pulling club cause the cut off year was 1957. They wouldn't believe me when I showed up with my D17. The rules stated that if the tractor began production in 57' or earlier then they would accept models up through 59'. Mines a 58'. Had to get a production data sheet from Allis with a part number as Allis put a part number on every page they had printed.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 7:22am
Noticed there is data missing also on my AC 715B as well as some others , but it gives one a place to start looking as wellas a lot of information to store under general knowledge.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Bobby in King NC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobby in King NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 1:37pm
All info is good. In the D10 total number made it states 9100. That would be correct if there were no breaks in serial numbers that started at 1001 and ended at 10100, but what I have read in lot  of places is that AC would start a new year with a jump in Serial numbers. Terry Dean's book states that 5304 D10's were made. My 2 cents.
morton(pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote morton(pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 3:19pm
The site is great for general information, but I have found some info on there to be misleading, false, or wrong. I know off the top of my head that you can't rely on the serial number charts to be accurate, and theres a few other things I have found over the years that are wrong but I can't remember them right now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic