This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Toxic cookware

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Toxic cookware
    Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:57am
[TUBE]0uATfA_WoTA[/TUBE]
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:42am
I agree that any pan with any type coatings could pose a health hazard to us! most all those advertised on TV to be slick and say that no food sticks to them are just pulling your leg, after buying any of them, they all say to spray with cooking spray before each use! that isn't shown on TV! I've seen those pans with worn off places inside and even some with chunks missing. some of that was possibly injested by someone! YUCK! i'd say...best would be cast iron, stainless steel, and some aluminum pots and pans. (just my observations)
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:05am
NO alumininum !!!!!
bad,bad,bad !!!
One of them metals that gets into the body and never ,ever leaves. Associated with several health issues,specially brain related. SAME reason you should NOT use 99% of the anti persperation  products( most are aluminum based)
best is cast iron and stainless steel.
ANY coating is bad..

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:47am
The pans should be named shumer--pelosi--reyanPigCensoredNuke
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:17am
Originally posted by nella(Pa) nella(Pa) wrote:

The pans should be named shumer--pelosi--reyanPigCensoredNuke
👍👍👍
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 6:22pm
My favorite is red copper!

[TUBE]1oWHLaKPjps[/TUBE]
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:24pm
I have found that the best pan is the one my wife is using at any given time. Next question?😆
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 8:00pm
Im with Stan.......... don't have a CLUE what she is using... as long as the food hits the table on time !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
nella, thanks for posting this. My wife and I use mostly cast iron, some of which belonged to my grandmother and some stainless steel pots. We gave our granddaughter a starter set of cast iron for Christmas and she and our daughter will get all of ours when we can no longer use it. I have one aluminum pot I mix and start my brunswick stew in but I am getting a small cast iron "wash pot" for that.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:34pm
You means pans is for cooking with......? I thoughts they was just something for the ole lady to hit me over the head with. Darrel
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:55pm
Darrel, you didn't train her right! One of those 6 or 8 inch cast iron frying pans will leave a nasty gash on your head if she swings it just right. Ouch
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 10:22pm
Well Darrel,,,,,,,knowing you,,,,,she is using it correctly.  I'm just ah,,,,,,,um,,,,agreeing with you...

Love the new stainless, it heats so evenly, almost as good as cast iron.
The best thing about some GOOD, seasoned, cast iron is the cleanup!!  SOooo easy!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:03am
When I was assistant leader of the scout group, once in a while, we had some toxic tasting stuff come out ta the dutch ovens. Didn't seem to hurt them too much.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Darrel, you didn't train her right! One of those 6 or 8 inch cast iron frying pans will leave a nasty gash on your head if she swings it just right. Ouch
You forgot Wink Darrel was a little slow Wink in letting her catch him. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic