This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

B-112 tiller

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B-112 tiller
    Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 8:18pm
OK , thought I'd bought a tiller for my B-112 but in the rain it's maybe for a B10 ? I don't see a 'post' to slide into the upper 'pipe' on my B112.
Can anyone direct me to a site with a manual and pictures,please.
I thought simpleac... had them but it looks like all they are is a word style forum, no online manuals anymore...
sigh...
Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:41am

Jay

I have an HB-112 with a rear tiller.

The post you speak of is a piece of pipe welded to a flat pate, which in turn is welded to a solid rod / cross-shaft.

A solid rod for lifting and lowering goes under the seat to the centre lift-lever shaft.

Gary
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:59am
The simple Ac site has a cross reference page. Find the 32" tiller number for a Simplicity and tale it to the Simplicity lawnmower web site and you can download a free PDF of the manual. I caner do all of that on my phone or I would get you a link. The number will be 990XXX. The tiller and drives are the same for a B10 as B112.
AaronSEIA
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
SUCESS !! the piece was/is reallt there, just bent over and I didn't see it in the friggin rainstorm last night !
It's rusted but maybe 'overnight oil' will free it up.
I've got the threaded adjuster off,cleaned and chased
I need to replace the 3 3/4" idler pulley,that shouldn't be hard...30 years of 'spare prts' for other stuff...I gotta hve ONE of them, right ??!!
Also found a manual,well think I did, we'll wait and see how the parts look though.

whew...

NOW...

What size belts do I need ?

Once it's on and running I can sell 3 Ford LGT series riders...
Jay

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm
The one from the BGB to the clutch is an AC 2027155 which is 5/8x64.  Clutch to tiller is an AC 2025641 which is 5/8x42.
I was wrong about the 12 sreies taking the same BGB belt as the 10's.  The 10's use a 2025236 which is 5/8x56.

AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2017 at 5:39pm
OK running into some problems....like just HOW does the front belt get tension? this tiller isn't like the one I have a diagram for, mine is a semicurved one piece cover.the rear belt is easy...just tighten the threaded rod thing. just seems I'm missing 'something'. my b-112 is hydraulic, if that matters.
any help is appreciated ! jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 22 Aug 2017 at 5:40pm

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 5:34am
The black plastic round knob. Pull that up and down to engage and dis engage the tiller.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 6:00am
that's what I thought but...
does that mean that only belt tension keeps it 'running'
if so, what size is the belt (ie:  5L560 aka 5/8 wide by 59" belt)
I was thinking there should be a spring 'somewhere' to keep the flat, back pulley engaged.
can't find a great picture of one yet..all seem to be the other version of tiller will only one belt from gear box to tiller.

thanks for help !

Jay
ps found another,much rougher...sigh Orange blood in my veins !!

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2017 at 9:18am
Belt tension keeps it tight. There should be a spring on the rod that pins to the front belt guide. I posted the belt sizes a couple posts up.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2017 at 3:36pm
OK, the PITA is back....bought some belts, they don't fit ( also lost 1000# tomatoes today.something called blight..sigh...).
I measured everything and cut up a 5L belt to check sizes.
gear box pulley is 5" OD
layshaft pulley is 10" OD
c2c distance is about 14.5"
layshaft pulley is 5" OD
tiller input pulley is 6"OD
c2c distance is about 20.5"
primary belt measures about 47.75"
secondary belt is abut 65"
so... assuming some 'wiggle' room the secondary belt is 48 real inches, so a B45
the secondary belt is 65, say 66 for a bit of slack, so a B63.

I do not have a spring for primary belt 'engagement', also have no idea IF the 5" pulley on the gear box is factory. It sure wasn't in the correct place.

I also went online to calculate the belt sizes and they were close to my actual cutup belt.

I'd appreciate if someone can confirm the gear box pulley size as I know that will affect the speed of the tiller as well as what belt I buy .... thanks Jay

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 8:11am
OK, had some online time this morning...so here's an update....
I need to make all the stuff in the bottom of this picture that engages the PTO to drive the tiller, Also can someone measure their gear box pulley? I'm thinking it's 2"+-
so much for the 'quick put tiller on tractor and have fun....' it does make more sense as to what I have and what I NEED, sigh

thanks Jay

Edited by jaybmiller - 26 Aug 2017 at 8:11am

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 9:16am
I will measure my bgb pulley. I got my belt measurements from the parts book and a cross reference page on line. They have never been wrong.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 10:39am
thanks Aaron...
once I know, then I'll buy a pulley, then bodge all them pieces and try again.....
OH well...this is what I get for getting a tractor from one part of Ontario and the tiller(well some of it) from 200 miles away....be nice to try it out defore next spring, but heck it's an interesting project. The tractor sure goes slow in bo low gear !
Jay

AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2017 at 11:17am
I can also get some measurements for the pieces you are missing.  Will try to do that today. 
AaronSEIA
AaronSEIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSEIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 5:49pm
Well so much for getting back quick. BGB pulley is 2 3/4" outside diameter. Best bet for the rest of the parts would be ask on the SimpAC forum or one of the Facebook groups. I can get some better pictures and dimensions of the missing pieces if you want.
AaronSEIA
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2017 at 6:27pm
Hay Aaron

hay, no problem, I understand some people actually have  life. being 'retired means others figure I can do their stuff now....sigh..

OK, great 2 3/4" OD...NOW I can proceed... I can fab up the rest of the parts

It'll be a fun project WHEN 'they' allow me to have 10 minutes to myself...

Cheers

Jay

thatsmyallis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thatsmyallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 11:10am
i do need the dimensions to the mule drive bracket  and pulley guard bracket attached to it, it is missing on the b112 that i bought. it is shown in the pic of this  thread. i cant find the part and am going to make them. any help would be appreciated. thanks and im am glad to find this site. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic