This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

too hot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: too hot
    Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 3:42pm
what goin on. too hot here.

1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 5:38pm
 Hows bout 102° in the shade of my carport,,,,,,,,!!! 
It will stay in the triple digits for next two months.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 5:48pm
Grandson lost 3 of his broilers that were ready to go to market yesterday, had a fan on them and plenty of water. I've stopped working on the skid loader till it cools off.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 8:38pm
I decided to stop workin when the stat said 83...
I misread it.... actually 93*
drink LOTS of water, juices and homeade 'gatorade' !

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
cabinhollow View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabinhollow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 9:19pm
Here the daytime highs for the last 3-4 years have been 5 degrees lower than normal and the night time lows have been normal.
I seen a 10 year temp map last year and were I am at was the only place in the US that was colder than normal.  About 75 miles (n/s) wide by 200 miles (e/w) long, all blue.
But, with humidity running 90%+ tonight at 78 degrees , just setting still, you were sweating.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 10:21pm
to hot here to do anything. staying inside and drinking lots of cool water!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:28am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

to hot here to do anything. staying inside and drinking lots of cool water!

Hey Good Buddy,,,don't you be forgettin the ACV for a coolin refreshing drink in hot weather,,,,but,,,,but,,,you Gots to add some water to the ACV,,,and don't forget a couple slices of lemon,,,,MMMmmmmmm   Good,,,!!!Clap
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 4:32am
 It has been over 100° the last week or so and weather person sayin look for same for next two months,,,,sheeesh,,,,,I'm makin good use of my "Roll-around swamp cooler" under the carport,,,sure ain't gettin out in the sun 'less I really gots to,,,,,
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 7:29am
     We had 0.9 in. of rain last evening. Forecast yesterday morning said nothing about rain. I think the rain will do the crops some good. Lots  of moisture transpiring when hot and sunny. Quite a change from a few weeks ago. It's been pushing 90 degrees the last few days and of course humid. 90+ forecast for the weekend.
     A friend of ours in Tucson keeps telling about the 100 - 110 temps they have been having. Guess we won't be visiting out there for a  while.
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 8:53am
least where you are joe, humidity low. 93 with 70% humidity here yesterday and same for rest of week.
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 10:56am
Been trying to save some of the garden stuff! Hauling water, fighting bugs, pullin weeds, etc. some days the heat index, according to our weather recorder, has been up to 124*, and that makes it hard to work much in the gardens.
Did get a couple pickins of green beans put in the freezer, and 2 rows of short day onions harvested. ---- Also sprayed the un-planted gardens with roundup a few days ago. Need to spot spray the rr sweet corn in a few places.
Put up the rest of the tomato cages yesterday, now I have to catch a couple of tomato horn worms!! ---Might just spray and let it get them! thanks; ac fleet
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:01pm
Was cutting hay yesterday with the 8030 and the ac went out, again.  Thought I had it fixed, can't find the leak.  Was in the 90's but then got cloudy and got a bit of a shower, supposed to be hot and dry the rest of the week.  Only had one 100 degree day so far this year plus the humidity here is a lot less most of the time then it is for you guys in the midwest.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2019 at 1:20pm
In the 90s here for the last 4 or 5 days and going to be until Saturday when it's gonna cool down to 87 according to the weather girl.
POURED rain here last night and it's humid as all get out!!!
Breathing causes you to sweat....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 1:44am
Joe....I gots a nice cooling drink I makes up...it's diet 7-up mixed with watermelon flavored capt morgan! (on ice)
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 3:08am
I have an electric concrete mixer you guys can borrow because I'm done with it this year. Finished mixing 65 bags with it last week just before it got hot. I lucked out and didn't die from heat exhaustion and I was in the shade. Should have done it in April but that would have been too easy.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2019 at 4:37am
Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

I have an electric concrete mixer you guys can borrow because I'm done with it this year. Finished mixing 65 bags with it last week just before it got hot. I lucked out and didn't die from heat exhaustion and I was in the shade. Should have done it in April but that would have been too easy.

Hey Stan,,,you kinda like me,,,,Clap it tooo easy to do things accordin to Hoyle,,,,chit,,,it ain't no fun that a way,,there has to be a little diversity in life to make things interestin,,,,else we gets too bored,,,,HMMmmmmm,,,,,don't know where I might of picked that little "Confucious Says" BS,, but seems like I sure get more than my share of wrenches thrown in front of me,,,,,,,LOL

Dang,,Shameless,,,,do you gots to put thet Alky-hole in everything,,,??  but,,,it DO sound ,,,,interestin, don't it,,??LOL
 HMmmm,,,I think I'll stick to just plain ole Apple Cider Vineger with a slug of water and a shot of  some honey and a big slice of fresh lemon,,,,,,,Yea,,,!!!!!Clap
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:05pm
I ain't tak'in no more swigs of ACV...in this heat!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic