This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To The Landlords ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 4:24pm
Yep, he is renting it, its his to waste or not.
Sponsored Links

FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 5:32pm
Thanks for the replies, it just struck a nerve with me and then today while out at the farm changing oil/repairing an airbag on my truck, dad said tenant sent his wife to "settle up" yesterday and mentioned that the yield on dads place was the "HIGHEST YIELDING" beans of all of their rented ground ConfusedOuch. I understand that it's their crop, but still ??
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 5:47pm
There may be a deal, in writing of course, that allows the land owner, the right to 'tend to HIS fields, after the 'cash cropper' has finished harvesting.
While the renter doesn't see any value in the 'leftovers', the owner should have he right to 'glean' what's left.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:22am
I remember several years ago when I first started growing soybeans. I only had a rigid, but fairly small, header for the combine. I worked my butt off carefully watching and doing the best I could with what I had, only to have people bitch and complain about all the beans I left behind. Between dad and the seed guy, they contacted a custom combine guy, and he was going to come in and show us what an atrocious job I did on the beans and all the money left behind. He took his combine through the field and got 9 bushels. Not 9 bushels per acre, 9 BUSHELS! 15 acre field, so close to a whopping 1/2 bushel per acre. Probably didn't pay for the fuel in the combine. Of course then they just found something else to blame.

Some suggest, what, you pay for a $450,000 combine with crop insurance? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Good luck with that!

Of all things I've seen in this thread, there is one thing I'd would love to have. I would like a DETAILED Budget and plan on how to grow 150-200 Bu corn on less than $100 per acre, including what is considered "Inputs", and what years, and how many years. Land must be worth $40,000 per acre, self-nitrogen-supplying corn ground.
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 7:54am
I have had the same renter for close to 30 years, we have never had a written contract, he does a good job of crop rotation and caring for the land. He pays the rent and I let him farm it, he's better at it than I am at this time.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2020 at 8:19am
Darrell is right... If you cant work off a hand shake, then you got the WRONG PEOPLE involved.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2020 at 1:11pm
Had a similar conversation with my mother just the other day. We have 3 tenants......and the worst by far.....not even close......is a relative. The other two are golden. Yields, records, decisions made......all very good. The relative......not so much.

And I also see what looks to me like way too much grain left on the ground. It shows up as volunteer sprouts. Have asked a lot of people and can't get a straight answer. Bad operator or bad machine? Machine not set right or incapable of being set right? Guy I work with runs a Gleaner and he claims it's both......machine and indifferent operators. 

My first time driving a combine was when I was a kid........was riding with Dad and he asked if I could steer the thing......touch nothing, just keep her going straight. When I proved I could.....he got off and followed along behind the combine with a scoop shovel.....catching the tailings, which he then started picking through looking for missed grain. Then started adjusting sieves......and fan till it was all chaff and no grain.

Was telling that to the guy who has been helping me wrench on the D15 and he laughed and said the same thing about the original owner of the D15. Said he used to follow along and catch the tailings in his hat for the same reason.....and woe be to the guy who left grain on the ground.

Then there was time when I worked for a different local farmers.....I was running the Big L......but owner thought we had more ground to cover than I was going to be able to do, so hired a husband wife team to come in and custom cut. Worst job I ever saw. They just burned through the stuff and left at least 5 to 10 bushel of 50 bushel wheat laying on the ground. Month later, chaff pile they left looked like a chia pet. They were being paid by the acre........

Edited by modirt - 04 Nov 2020 at 1:13pm
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2020 at 6:43am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

I remember several years ago when I first started growing soybeans. I only had a rigid, but fairly small, header for the combine. I worked my butt off carefully watching and doing the best I could with what I had, only to have people bitch and complain about all the beans I left behind. Between dad and the seed guy, they contacted a custom combine guy, and he was going to come in and show us what an atrocious job I did on the beans and all the money left behind. He took his combine through the field and got 9 bushels. Not 9 bushels per acre, 9 BUSHELS! 15 acre field, so close to a whopping 1/2 bushel per acre. Probably didn't pay for the fuel in the combine. Of course then they just found something else to blame.

Some suggest, what, you pay for a $450,000 combine with crop insurance? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Good luck with that!

Of all things I've seen in this thread, there is one thing I'd would love to have. I would like a DETAILED Budget and plan on how to grow 150-200 Bu corn on less than $100 per acre, including what is considered "Inputs", and what years, and how many years. Land must be worth $40,000 per acre, self-nitrogen-supplying corn ground.

"I would like a DETAILED Budget and plan on how to grow 150-200 Bu corn on less than $100 per acre,"

Well that's easy,  cut the neighbors fields when he's not around.  Inputs time and fuel for combine, should be cheap enough. Wink LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic