This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

To Hot for a "Hog Killin"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To Hot for a "Hog Killin"
    Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 3:50pm
Had 4 more in my Hog Trap again this morning. A big mean Momma and 3 half grown little pigs.  Called a guy wanting the 3 small ones after the Momma tried to kill me. Had to shoot her in self defense to move the 3 small ones out of the hot sun.
    Moved the 3 little pigs up to another portable trap in the shade and gave them water to drink until the guy that wants them comes to get them.
     If both freezers weren't completely full of feral hog and stuff from the garden and it was lots cooler, these 3 were the perfect eating size we like best.
     None of these 4 will be rootin up the place anymore.  That is the good part.   Still have a unpredictable rogue Big Boar Hog to get rid of somehow or another. We just never know when he will show up next or where he will root up a place .  Have no clue what he is rootin up a place in the middle of the lawn we mow for.
Sponsored Links

chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 4:34pm
He's just daring you Ken.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 5:56pm
mama in the freezer or ???
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 6:25pm
Ken gave her the three SSS method.🙀🙀🙀🐖🐖🐖🐖
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 7:53pm
Stan,,as far as I know, it's open season on feral hogs in TX....no need for 3 s's,,just seems Ken having a tough time gettin this one.them hogs get really smart...

Edited by Michael V (NM) - 09 Jul 2019 at 7:54pm
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 9:14pm
Really all I wanted from the sow was both backstraps. It just wore this old couple out moving the three little pigs into the shade with water.  It was really HOT and near noon by that time. The Coyotes and Buzzards will have her bones picked clean by morning.
    Youngest kid says he wants the fattest  little pig of the 3 to Bar-B-Q whole.  I told him it was out of my hands and he needed to talk to the Guy who is getting the 3 sometime tomorrow. He may get Big Tony  to butcher it for him and use Tony's big pit on wheels to help with  the cookin.   
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:52am
 Hey Ken,,when I was doing that consulting project for BP America workin out of Longview,,I remember driving past a small place in Carthage (I Believe it was) that advertised to come to your place with their equipment to smoke any kind of meats,,,Can't remember their name but that might be the way to go with that big old sow or boar,,,,,Clap 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:32pm
Joe
    If your ever back this way again we can put you up for the night in our rustic guest room up the staircase above the workshop in the barn. AC if its hot. Heat if cold. Hot and cold running water and a 4 burner gas stove.  No TV
    We  can grill some feral pig for dinner and fry up some  homemade sausage and scrambled eggs for breakfast.
    Find our place in the Stewart Community on 2126 North off of Chicken Feather Road (FM 782 northeast out of Henderson) 10429 2126 north on the mailbox.
    We will never run out of hogs here.  All the land between here and Henderson is posted reclaimed Texas Utilitys acreage from lignite strip mining. HOG Heaven if there is such a place on this earth. The only predators are themselves fighting over Sows in heat. They range up to 5 miles from where they first hit the ground.
    Big Tony hauled off the 3 little pigs today. He has a bunch of little kids to feed. They will not go to waste at his house.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 10 Jul 2019 at 5:34pm
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:15pm
 Well,,Ken,,that right there is Right Nice and neighborly of you on thet invite,,,,I been really wanting to get back in that country,,,cause somehow or ta other I'm gonna get the recipe for their "Charro Beans At Jucy's Hamburger joint,,,!! BUT,,,I don't know,,Ken,,,an overnighter might not be long enough if we gonna go ketch some Crappies TOO,Then I'd have to buy you and the Missus some RIBS at the Crossroads,,,,i'LL BET YOU KNOW WHERE THAT IS,,,??? I imagine prrolly 3/4 of all East Texans know where that BBQ place is. ,Clap 
  I'll tell you for sure,,,I'd bet some serious dollars that even ole Shameless would fall in love with them legumes,,,,Clap Fact is,,,sometimes in the evenings,,when I would get tired of steaks and Crawdads so I would just go in there for dinner and get a small HB and a side of them Charros,,,,,and eat beans til I couldn't no more,,,waitress never did say nuttin cause I always left a good tipWink There was this  one cute little waitress that I offered her $20 if she could get me the recipe from the cook,,,and she was going to get for me but the friggin cook nixed it,,,AH,,!! Over at "The Jalapeno Tree" they had a similar dish of Charro Beans but not nearly as good as the ones at Jucy's,,,,ClapClap 
  Two of our Sons now live in Dallas,,so we may yet be gettin to know one another,,,PLUS I love going to Canton,,too,,!!Clap Chit,,Ken,,we may be lookin at more'n a few days,,,,,LOL
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 10:45am
I can hear it now. "Here piggy, piggy, piggy.", " Where dem wascally hogs now", and the sound track " Dundah, Dundah, Dundah". Wink

Don't go there Shammers.

Edited by chaskaduo - 11 Jul 2019 at 10:46am
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:18am
Yep. "First Monday" is a great way to spend a day.
   Wife and I don't eat out much anymore. With all the free for the taking wild pork and deer meat and fresh fish plus vegetables commin out our ears near all year long we just don't have the time or money to eat out. Plus there's always  new recipes to try and we both like to cook. About all the meat we buy is Hamburger and Bacon.  We got in the habit of baking our own bread too. 
     We are not beyond checking the "We Baked too much" rack at Wally World. Pick up day old $1 loaves of French Bread for 50 cents. Grabbed 6 more loaves yesterday and keep them like fresh in the freezer if we have room.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 3:59am
 My kind of life,,Ken,,,,my kind of life,,,,,!! You mention the deer,,we spent most of our well documenting down along the river bottoms and I bet in almost two years we didn't see more than 10 deer but we seen lots of hogs,,,and even more Hornets,,!!!  BIG friggin hornets,,,We drove up to one location that had not seen any activity in a long time and there was a BIG hive in the meter house and they swarmed the other guy soon as he opened the door and you ain't never seen a guy run so fast back to the car,,,,,!!!! Them fookers circled the car for 20 minutes and sometimes flyin into the windows tryin to get at us. we finally left thinkin maybe later but next day was same thing as they was waitin for us. We finally documented that well after dark with flashlights,,,,and a coffee can of gasoline,,,,,Wink Beautiful country down there and some of those places down along the river  bottoms make you think bout the Bonnie & Clyde days,,,lots of very secluded places with only a trail to em where people still live that don't see many others very often. If you do see any people,,,they are usually was studyin you from behind a big tree. An onery fellar don't stand a chance down there,,,,,Clap
 I LOVE CANTON,,,,what more can I say,,,,??? On the weekends that I didn't travel home,,thats where you could find me, don't believe I ever saw the whole thing,, it so big,,,,Clap
  Say,,,you know anybody that works at Jucy's,do you,,???WinkWink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic