This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TL 12 engine ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TL 12 engine ID
    Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 6:32am
Could use some help figuring out what engine I have in my TL12 loader. Can't find a serial number.

These are the only numbers I can find. This is an early model, so, it should be a WD45 engine. But the D and the 7 have me wondering.
Serial number on the loader is 252.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2019 at 7:04am
I was going to say it looked like a 45 engine. Not sure of those casting codes. They may be year that the casting was made??? I will have to look at my engine casting codes. 

My 45 block says I6G (assuming the first digit is a letter. (either a I or a 1?)) I am not a expert on those codes but sure looks like casting date code. Would the clock be the hour it was made? or it could be the month of the year too? Month would make more sense I think. Other side of the block looks like a 45 from what I can see.

I didnt help you much.

I see that the distributor is horizontal. I had a tractor like that too. My uncle had replaced the mag with a distributor from a IH tractor. Worked fine for years!
Regards,
Chris

Edited by Sugarmaker - 03 Oct 2019 at 7:06am
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2019 at 10:00pm
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 6:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic