This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

thinks i figgered out...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: thinks i figgered out...
    Posted: 24 Feb 2021 at 8:46pm
why ole MEL don't cuts no firewood from all them easy cut logs he keeps burning...them blue wheeled truck wanna be;s prolly won't haul much more than a couple wheel barrow loads atta time! LMAO! sorry buddy...had to do it! oh...and yeah...i bouts cried while watching you burn all them easy cut/stack logs you keep burning! no brush to trip over or cut off. PffffT! don't ya'll have fireplaces out there anymore? whew! i guess i could brings you sum tires to gits them piles burning better!
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:50am
If there is one thing that California needs, its MORE FIRE PLACES and MORE HEAT ! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

If there is one thing that California needs, its MORE FIRE PLACES and MORE HEAT ! Wink

Now,now  steve I am cold blooded I guess my fire has not hardly gone out since Oct. Got this big stone faced brick and cement fire place. Only burn oak, cover the burning piece in ashes when I go to bed. Scratch the ashes off the red glowing coals, add the little splinters from splitting and bark pieces small twigs and away my fire goes. Put your hand up on the rocks in the morning and those rocks are still warmer than the air. Lord help me if I had to heat with only propane at triple the price it is in fly over country. 

Just cause it will be 70 this afternoon, it is a little less than 60 in here right now Wink but not bad with my feet in the fire as I peck away.

Now Shameless I never have had the privilege of meeting Mel, but I am will to go out LOL on a limb here. No more trouble to cut and burn oak that puts out lots more heat than fir trees. Gives more time with your feet up and less time dragging in more wood.Big smile 
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 8:19pm
Ok...Thanks Ray for baling us out...he's right about this....my brother and I were just reminiscing the other day about our mother covering up the coals at night and uncovering them in the morning to get the fire going..worked well. What shameless doesn't know is that my loving wife will get up in the night and put wood on the fire...she also likes to run the splitter. So the reason we showed those videos of burning slash....that would make fire wood...but not our preferred fire wood is because this it what we have in our yard to make fire wood out of
And a BLUE FORD TRUCK !!! LOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:22pm
that flushed him out! LMAO
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:24pm
i saw that big ole rotten log painted blue in the one pic...it should burn bouts like a chunk of pine!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:34pm
and yes MEL...i really do enjoy cutting firewood, just right now my back won't let me pick up and carry the chunks PfffffT! but i still cut. my splitter mounts on the 3-pt of my 180. it's a good splitter, at tractor idle it'll split anything, if it don't split it, it cuts thru it. i need to figger out some kinda lift to put the chunks up on it. i cut anything from 3" rounds on up for firewood. i just gave a pickup load to the cub & boy scouts for their camp fires. when i see clean piles of cut trees laying in piles like i see on your vids...it just makes me slobber all over! no brush to cut off, yank out, or trip over. 
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 10:37pm
Dang, splitting firewood when the grass is green. Shameless I can't run the saw over 20 minutes. I also have a 3 point splitter but I leave it sitting in the ground and tie the hydraulic lever on the tractor back. Taint so far to lift the stuff. Havnt tried it on the 200 yet but it worked good on the 17 last year.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 10:19pm
Tom...i too have set mine on the ground, but it also includes bending over alot too, so not really saving anything. one thing that worked well years ago, when i cut the firewood, i'd throw it into an old PTO chit spreader, then set the splitter up on the back of it, that allowed me to grab the chunks at waist high and set them right on the splitter, when it got to far to reach thye chunks, i turned on the spreaders apron chain and ran them back to the end to the splitter. it worked very well. (the beater was off the spreader) 
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 4:01pm
Shameless you're getting the right idea. Hydraulics, lift cylinder, and a few odds and ends and your loader is ready to go.         Leon
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
Sure does look pretty there Mel, it would appear that the area is recovering nicely just the way Mother Nature intended. The green here is dying back already only a couple of inches of rainfall, I am sure Ray has had about 4 times that much, which is normal. You know what they say, in the Book of Genesis, God made it rain for 40 days and 40 nights and a great flood covered the Earth, Shandon got a half inch out of that one.LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic