This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The pic explains my day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The pic explains my day
    Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 8:46pm
Of course only God knows how many years it's been since this plow has seen any work.  After a thorough greasing, rub down on the moldboards I attempted to see if I could turn some dirt.  By the time I got to the opposite end of the garden it decided to dig into the ground but the lift mechanism didn't spin around enough so when I pulled the rope it wouldn't lift.  Will go out tomorrow and pick it up with the skid steer and maybe make another run at it if it doesn't rain.  Doing my best not to say bad words.
Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

Kiwi View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 1:46am
It's to late in the day to do to much go home have a beer and get up early and give it hell tomorrow . we all have day's like this.
Tractors Allis EB,two C,diesel G
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 4:59am
It might be hiding behind the can, but, I don't see the return spring for the trip lever. Without proper spring tension to pull it back, the mechanism won't lock into place to keep the plow up or down.

Edited by truckerfarmer - 15 Sep 2021 at 5:06am
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 6:03am
That looks like a can of Kroil . Good stuff and good luck !
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 7:22am
Now that I’ve slept on it, I think it was in the lift mode but the tire was skidding and not picking up the plow. I will use more oil on the pivot points and put a chain on the tire. Both springs are there, the one on the lift clutch and trip handle, and yes the can of Kroil is hiding it. My neighbor retired as a maintenance man for DuPont, he wasn’t allowed to even use the stuff at home in fear it would get on his clothes, I guess it will ruin an expensive batch of paint in a heartbeat. I haven’t noticed it so much on tractors. LOL
Good advice Kiwi, couldn’t see the forest for the trees.
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:43am
And i thought u knew better  , 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Fred in Pa Fred in Pa wrote:

And i thought u knew better  , 

Sometimes I just have those lapses, I’m hurrying trying to make stuff work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic