This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The passing of a great, Roger Welsch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The passing of a great, Roger Welsch
    Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 6:47pm
I just heard that Roger Passed on today, he was a great fan of the orange as well as an accomplished writer and folklorist, rest in peace Roger.

Edited by Ken(MI) - 30 Sep 2022 at 9:01pm
Sponsored Links

Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 7:11pm
Sorry to hear that.  I have several of his old tractor books detailing his experiences with his old Allis WC's.  Always a great read.  Condolences to his wife and daughter.
Tony.Or View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tony.Or Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 7:15pm
We used  to love  on Sunday mornings  on TV.  Tony
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 7:43pm
He will be missed, former university professor who left for the small town of Dannebrog, NE.
Driverdan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Driverdan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 8:12pm
I read several of his books on his Allis Chalmers escapades..he had a great way to tell an amusing while entertaining story.. RIP Roger !
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:24am
I too have a book or 2 of his, RIP Roger
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:43am
Hate to hear this, I have enjoyed all his tractor books, and have reread them through the years
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 5:53am
I have read and enjoyed many of his books too
Darrel
Dennis J OPKs View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis J OPKs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 7:30am
If I'm not mistaken, he was a featured speaker at one of the GOTO's in NE that I attended many years ago.  He really enjoyed working on his WC's. 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 2:00pm
  Prayers for the family 

tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:26pm
I would call Roger a "character"!  I think that fits him well!   I'm from NE and have seen him around!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2022 at 6:51pm
Sorry to hear that of Roger Welsch.  He did have a way with his stories.
Got three of them, 'Old tractors and the men who loved them', 'Busted tractors and rusty knuckles', and 'Love, Sex and Tractors'.
  Rest in peace Roger.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic