This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank You Jim Palmer, Jr.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Randy_Larson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thank You Jim Palmer, Jr.
    Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:11pm
I would like to thank Jim Palmer, Jr. for stepping up to assist future editions of the Old Allis News. Jim, your new news column, Parts from the Past, is interesting of past dealerships. The details, as you explained in this new edition, is very interesting and I look forward to more news columns. Your dedication to the history of the life of Allis-Chalmers has always been appreciated by me. Good luck to your future writings.

Thank you to Dave and Heidi Clausen in putting their confidence into Jim for helping to maintain the high quality of your magazine. Your ambition to continue the history of Allis-Chalmers and sharing readers stories is very interesting and much appreciated.

Edited by Randy_Larson - 10 Feb 2019 at 9:13pm
G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17gas,D17 diesel,D19 Diesel, D21 Series II,160,190, B1,Bumble Bee 10,B1,HB 212,ACC 30 forklift and snap-coupler equipment
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:26pm
I haven't gotten mine yet Randy, but I will have to agree with you.  Jim is an awesome person and a friend and I look forward to seeing him every year at Hutch.  I STILL attend his class on the Snap Coupler.  It's nice seeing new faces there.

Randy, you don't need any eccentric rings?
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:43pm
Ted, I saw your post for those rings. You had me thinking, as I have some eccentrics which I really should take them off, clean them up, and get them to turn easier.

G,D10,D12,D14,D15,D17gas,D17 diesel,D19 Diesel, D21 Series II,160,190, B1,Bumble Bee 10,B1,HB 212,ACC 30 forklift and snap-coupler equipment
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:44pm
There is an advantage when the print shop of the Old Allis News is only down the road 3 1/2 miles.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:43am
Jim Palmer? IF it is AC, then Jim knows about it, or he knows someone who does know about it. 5 Stars.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Kenny L. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenny L. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 4:16pm
Hell guys it's probably his wife Catie that writing the articles he just telling her what to write, all kidding aside I've the privilege of knowing or being friends with some of the people who know a lot about Allis Chalmers to name a few from my general area Jim SR, Jim JR, Bill Deppe Dr. Allis and I can always call Norm Meinert so I'm very Bless and knowing Jim JR he'll put his heart and soul into it. Kenny L.
JimIA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 5:05pm
Thanks everyone!  Im looking forward to this.  Im hoping to have a mixture of factual and light hearted stories.  I know it is impossible to replace Walt and the Plow Peddler, but hopefully this will fill the large gap that is left.  My wife Caite came up with the name "Parts from the past".

Jim
An open eye is much more observant than an open mouth
Brian Ahart View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Ahart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:20pm
Great news!  Jim is an A-C historian at heart and is always willing to share his knowledge of all things A-C.
A-C Weight ID reference and other goodies at brianahart.net
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:28pm
Was Catie looking at you when she said that??  hehehe
Got to poke a newbie!! LOL
"Allis-Express"
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 7:12am
This will be really good for the Old Allis News! Can't wait to see what awesome content Jim brings to the magazine! 
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:19pm
Watch it Creston, he might be bringin in some of the stuff that happens at Hutch and lyin to people and get us all in trouble....(good thing he doesn't have any pics),,,,,,yet.
"Allis-Express"
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

Watch it Creston, he might be bringin in some of the stuff that happens at Hutch and lyin to people and get us all in trouble....(good thing he doesn't have any pics),,,,,,yet.

Not sure if he was there when Bob and I went mud bogging on the 100 or not… That would be an interesting story Lol
I’ve already got the title…
“ Gleaner T walks on water, SP-100 sinks like rock”
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 7:49pm
Creston, you should do a story on your 860 stripper.  I think everyone who reads the magazine would enjoy an article about cotton as most of the readers probably live north of cotton country.  I was very impressed with the talk/video you did a couple years ago comparing the Gleaner to the JD combine.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2019 at 8:44pm
That's an idea, John. That would be fun to write, but in order to explain how the cleaning mechanism works, it would require a few photos, as it is totally different from a combine or any other type of harvester. If you've not seen the inside of one, it's hard to understand, and I didn't understand it myself until about 2 years ago when I started getting more involved with the machines. Once you understand it, it's a super simple concept, with virtually no upkeep/maintenance. You really can't wear one out too bad, since there aren't many parts to one. A friend of mine has one with over 6,600 hours on the meter, and other than a few bearings, belts, and saw blades, it's been trouble free.

I might go pull all the covers off my 860 next time I'm at the farm and get photos to demonstrate how it works, then type up an accompanying article. The video about cotton strippers on the J and L Videos youtube page does a good job of explaining the process as well, but it is still only an animation and doesn't show how the saw drums work with the grid bars.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic