This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tell me about the 7000 black belly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tell me about the 7000 black belly
    Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 8:41pm
Neighbor is bed-ridden and selling his 7000 black belly power shift. Hours are unknown, new rear radials two years ago with very few hours. Cab with no AC, needs cab kit. I haven't heard it run yet (someone stole the batteries out of it), but supposedly runs good. I am not familiar with the power shift, wondering if they were a strong transmission and what else to look for. Tractor sheetmetal is decent...ball park price??
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:20pm
Like a very long time Allis parts man once told me a 7000 doesn't have enough power to hurt itself. They are kind like a kid who just hit puberty big, slightly clumsy, and not a powerhouse. With that said we have had one around the last 21 years and it owes us nothing.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Dmpaul89 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmpaul89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2017 at 9:41pm
Like mine. Pull a 18ft disc. Good on fuel. Starts in the cold. The T handle shifter can cause some grief thats my only complaint.
Same motor as 7010, 7020. I have never felt it was short on power.   

Price on these is all over the place. Average condition - 4-8k

Edited by Dmpaul89 - 19 Oct 2017 at 9:49pm
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:20am
I don't think the powershift is the same as the T-handle troubles??
Trinity45 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trinity45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:49am
Never had a 7000, but had a 7020 and it was a great tractor for us, pulled a burch 18' disc with ease, never gave us a moments trouble except the AC went out.  Loved that tractor.
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:49am
All 7000's have the same 3 speed power-shift, and 4 speed gear transmission. The black chassis tractors had the t handle shifter for the 4 speeds plus reverse. Seems people always confuse the 7000 tractor with the larger 7000 series tractors, which it may look like one from a distance, the 7000 tractor is a totally different tractor. As said before, the 7000 tractor is the last refinement of the 200 chassis, which is also derived from the 190.  
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 5:13pm
7000 red belly was a made over 200.

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by tomNE tomNE wrote:

7000 red belly was a made over 200.

So the red belly had the high/low pd with neutral, then the black belly took the pd and made it high, intermediate and low without a neutral, but an independent pto?
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2017 at 8:07pm
The red belly tractor has has 4 speeds ahead on the floor shifter, and w/ your right hand shift thru 3 ranges in each gear. Also PTO is independent.
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
Play Farmer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 7:33am
^^^ Correct.

As to the power, mine is a red belly but the power seems decent for its advertised rating. It was helpless until I loaded the tires and weighted up the front. Also, as mentioned earlier, it's real easy on fuel.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 1:16pm
They have the great 301 AC diesel in them , awesome engines
olivetroad View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olivetroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 2:22pm
A red belly 7000 is one of my favorite tractors for light duty work.  I like the simplicity of the gear shift on the floor, with the added bonus of the three speed power shift on the side.  They are great on an auger, great on a hay rake, and the three speed shift is sure nice for speeding up and slowing down while baling as the windrows change size, turning on the end, etc.

For us, they are too small to disc or plant with, but I have one that lives year around on a feed wagon, and that is perfect for it, as you can regulate your speed with the power shift without stopping, and without changing the engine RPM while running the PTO.

The Park gear in the floor transmisson is nice as you KNOW it will not roll, and the kiddos can't accidentally drive off with the parking brake on.

The only complaint we have is that we need to go with some taller rear tires, as there is not a lot of clearance under the drawbar when baling a large windrow.
chuck (WI) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck (WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:35pm
Have a 7000 and a 7020 both been excellent tractor's the only complaint I have is the cab and the placement of the hydraulic levers to me the 190s and 200s are way more comfortable.
LaJaMe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaJaMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 9:59pm
Got a 7000 red belly.  Main job for the summer is on a 12' nh 499 hydr swing.  Handles it great  and the 3 speed shift makes it easy on the ends and as the thickness of the hay changes.
lentsch View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lentsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2017 at 10:45pm
My 7000 black belly (7005 hours) has been a real good dependable tractor. Hard to put a price on what you are lookin at, but I would not part with mine for less than 10,000.
WD,D15,190XT,7000,8010x2,7060,8070
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic