This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Supply Chains are breaking down

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Supply Chains are breaking down
    Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 4:20am
Friend of mine as well the little shop I work out of and a local farmer are seeing same issue, no parts.  So a little investigative review and found that supply chains are running out or are unable to deliver what they can no longer get.  IE Oil filters, Air filters, Tires and Tubes, ID and Marker Lamps, of all things grease seals. 

Utility Trailer in UT has 800(Yes Eight HUNDRED) new trailers sitting with no marker lamps or wiring harness for them,  Carrier Transicold Refrigerated units for trailers, ALL inventory oil filters are on Back Order where a friend in WA State now has fifteen of 200 reefers sitting awaiting service and unusable(Number will grow), same shop ordered 240 name brand 11R22.5 Trailer tires for inventory, received mixed bag mfr. of 120 remainder are NA for now where they can only replace on a as needed basis no full sets on trailers and must deadline those that cannot meet DOT requirements.  Baldwin has informed sales reps they are unable to produce certain engine series filters as ISX Cummins and DD13-15 Detroit Engines(More Common today).  Cat near to another friend in OK sent out email notices are unable to ship certain auto ship or restock loads of Heavy Equipment filtration materials.

Wife was told by a WM Associate they were having issues with lack of drivers for inventory restocks, seems not true, the truck fleet is seeing these same inventory of service components problems and cannot continue to run machines until they disintegrate as well they are not receiving warehouse supply restocks as just not getting there.

I was contacted to see if I had installed the eight air bags I purchased for my own project truck, the dealer is on seemingly Permanent BO on those and wished to buy at least five back for clients that have machines sitting.  Are several trucking companies around here now cannibalizing broken machines for parts that are needed for other machines.

And was educated by a warranty rep at work that DEF systems need to run as low as reasonably achievable on DEF in the tanks before refill as the dilute solution volatizes off over a period time when subjected to heat(Are heated tanks by engine coolant supply, PLUS ambient heat) where the solution degrades over time and must be replenished with fresh to keep the SCR Converters functioning and Particulate Filters cleaned off, keeping tanks filled at all times allows dilution to occur and systems to rapidly degrade.  This applies to ALL diesels with SCR DPF DEF systems on them, Farm tractors, HE, Trucks, School Buses, standby engines as Hospital/Emergency Response Generators.

Edited by DMiller - 02 Sep 2021 at 4:27am
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 5:32am
and, it'll only get worse....
waaay too much 'stuff' come from 'one country shopping', aka CHINA.
Not saying all in the the above post does but it show how DEPENDENT we've become on ONE country.

there oher problem is the guv restrictions, making 'Made in USA' not economical, though that will change. people will HAVE to pay $20 for a $2 air filter if they want to keep driving...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:53am
Supply chains are breaking down?  You don't say!  I said this was coming well over a year ago and was told I was wrong.  The evidence was obvious and certain things already happening back then.

At this point, it doesn't matter where it was made.  With a huge shortage of warehouse workers, truckers, stockers, etc., it ain't that much easier to get an item from Tennessee to Michigan than it is from  a China boat parks off the coast of Long Beach.  This is a huge, huge mess from political to cultural.  Glad I'm a farmer. 
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 8:59am
Just pushes the plan to get more robots in the factory and manufacturing... and self driving trucks.... this will now be the fast track ..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Trawler II View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trawler II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:17am
I’m currently waiting on a couple things that previously would take no longer than a week to receive. Called suppliers and was told expect three weeks on one and the other they are still working on a ship date.These items aren’t life or death and are not going to cause financial harm. I’m glad I am no longer working, I can only imagine how stressful this would be when trying to feed a business.

The saying that the quartermaster actually runs the war rings true.

Edited by Trawler II - 02 Sep 2021 at 9:30am
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:39am
T-Bone, there were many of us that have been screaming that for years... 
 I for one was praying that burger-boy bill clinton would NOT sign the treaties that were placed in front of him.  But he did back there in 1999 (or there about time frame).  And later, right here on this forum, I had discussions with some bloviated fools that were expelling the virtues of the global market and having all the industries off shore in foreign countries and they would have the pollution and the problems of the pollution and we would have none...
 I asked them what will the American people do for jobs? and the answer was for them to go to collage and learn mechanical drafting and designs and take jobs in business designing stuff in high rises in their cubicles that would be made over seas. 
 Not everyone can go to collage.. what will those do?  answer was they can take the low pay jobs and if they can't do that, they can be on welfare. 
- So where will the welfare dollars come from? Oh, tax the profitable industries... well that means that for the industries to still be profitable, they will have to pass that onto the consumer so he is actually paying for all the welfare and the whatevers that cost... delusional at the finest.
 ASked them what if this country finds itself in another war?  what will happen then? Specially when all the industries are over seas and we can't even make a tank much less thousands in a short time , specially when the steel ore isn't being mined and no furnaces to smelt it... or big establishment able to turn their factories to making military goods.  yea, those liberals think we will forever have abundance in this nation, and all the food we can eat and buy all the stuff we need from foreign shores.  
  There is a day coming when the seasons change... EVERYTHING HAS A SEASON TO IT.
It is born, it grows, it matures (becomes complacent or did not keep up with technologies etc.), and then it dies, or is consumed by another...
  Only hope is that there were new seed planted before the old dies to have a continued 'fruit' supply.  But some can't figure simple concepts out to know what will come down the road until it is here, and then it usually is too late.
  and our government is not helping this nation to grow and prosper. It is busy ruling and regulating and passing more laws to do the same and tax you to death. 
What is happening right now is what the 45th president was trying to avoid, bring the jobs back to America, and become independent from foreign countries for what we need... and make it here at home.  
Transport and such, the gov. is driving the drivers out of business in so many different ways. Without the supply chain, this country will degrade and one day there might not be a usa, specially when you can't get materials or goods.
  Congratulations to the lefties, you got what you wanted.  Specially with 20- 25 TRILLION DOLLARS of debt and more coming. 
 Can you say you have enslaved your children and grand children and your great grandchildren to servitude of the government to pay their debts off?  or be slaves to other countries that we owe a debt to?  
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 11:55am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

T-Bone, there were many of us that have been screaming that for years... 
 I for one was praying that burger-boy bill clinton would NOT sign the treaties that were placed in front of him.  But he did back there in 1999 (or there about time frame).  And later, right here on this forum, I had discussions with some bloviated fools that were expelling the virtues of the global market and having all the industries off shore in foreign countries and they would have the pollution and the problems of the pollution and we would have none...
 I asked them what will the American people do for jobs? and the answer was for them to go to collage and learn mechanical drafting and designs and take jobs in business designing stuff in high rises in their cubicles that would be made over seas. 
 Not everyone can go to collage.. what will those do?  answer was they can take the low pay jobs and if they can't do that, they can be on welfare. 
- So where will the welfare dollars come from? Oh, tax the profitable industries... well that means that for the industries to still be profitable, they will have to pass that onto the consumer so he is actually paying for all the welfare and the whatevers that cost... delusional at the finest.
 ASked them what if this country finds itself in another war?  what will happen then? Specially when all the industries are over seas and we can't even make a tank much less thousands in a short time , specially when the steel ore isn't being mined and no furnaces to smelt it... or big establishment able to turn their factories to making military goods.  yea, those liberals think we will forever have abundance in this nation, and all the food we can eat and buy all the stuff we need from foreign shores.  
  There is a day coming when the seasons change... EVERYTHING HAS A SEASON TO IT.
It is born, it grows, it matures (becomes complacent or did not keep up with technologies etc.), and then it dies, or is consumed by another...
  Only hope is that there were new seed planted before the old dies to have a continued 'fruit' supply.  But some can't figure simple concepts out to know what will come down the road until it is here, and then it usually is too late.
  and our government is not helping this nation to grow and prosper. It is busy ruling and regulating and passing more laws to do the same and tax you to death. 
What is happening right now is what the 45th president was trying to avoid, bring the jobs back to America, and become independent from foreign countries for what we need... and make it here at home.  
Transport and such, the gov. is driving the drivers out of business in so many different ways. Without the supply chain, this country will degrade and one day there might not be a usa, specially when you can't get materials or goods.
  Congratulations to the lefties, you got what you wanted.  Specially with 20- 25 TRILLION DOLLARS of debt and more coming. 
 Can you say you have enslaved your children and grand children and your great grandchildren to servitude of the government to pay their debts off?  or be slaves to other countries that we owe a debt to?  
Yes, for years, but what I'm talking about was the massive/ sudden UPTICK last year, across all things, not the general trend of things so to speak.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 6:03pm
I did NOT post this to be political, but a warning and a caution to get as much of what you suspect WILL need in the near future NOW or bear the consequences of inability to address purchases.  

I have filters for all my machines ON HAND and in a atmospherically controlled realm(the House).  I have bulk oils in my shop.  Grease tubes were slim on the shelves at local parts house and the Orschelns stores.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2021 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Not saying all in the the above post does but it show how DEPENDENT we've become on ONE country.

there oher problem is the guv restrictions, making 'Made in USA' not economical, though that will change. people will HAVE to pay $20 for a $2 air filter if they want to keep driving...

Your "ONE COUNTRY" doesn't hold water anymore Smile !! There's a TON of manufacturing suppliers from Indonesia, Japan, India, Taiwan, ETC. ClapClap

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 4:03am
You need to step away from the Fake Media presentations and look at what you speak of.  People of SE Asia, Central and Eastern Asia are working Sweat Shop Lives to supply those products at such a Cheap Production Rate creating the profit lines for HUGE Multinational Corporations owned by LESS THAN 1% of all total Humans(primarily Chinese at this point).

The Global Economy is NOT for the betterment of ALL people, ONLY the elites.  CANNOT continue down this road of NO Manufacturing HERE and production everywhere Else as the Money does dry up.  Cannot continue to PAY FOR Foreign Products with debt load HERE and expect it to continue unabated Forever, there is a bottom to that monetary pit.

The fact of so many NOT actively seeking employ HERE, is testament to what will come down as the supply chains continue to erode, they will seek to increase the public dole of cash from support structures that cannot survive without a working class.

Edited by DMiller - 03 Sep 2021 at 4:04am
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 5:35am
yes, I'm well aware not 'everything' comes from China. The ringgear for my D-14 come from India,battery for tractor from Korea or Vietnam.
maybe I should have said 'being nearly ,totally dependent on outsourced goods is BAD'
However you word it, you can't deny you're far better off if YOU make/grow what you need. When the 3 gorges dam breaks, it'll get real interestin, real fast.

There's going to be a HUGE demand for furnaces,water heaters, drywall,fans,screws,wood,wire,cars,trucks,pumps, etc. in the next few weeks. HVAC neighbour says parts are STILL scarce to come by,only going to get worse.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 6:28am
Ok a little narrow view here but plumbing materials also on the hard to get list. Some projects here on hold as to shortages and higher costs
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 7:15am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Your "ONE COUNTRY" doesn't hold water anymore Smile !! There's a TON of manufacturing suppliers from Indonesia, Japan, India, Taiwan, ETC. ClapClap

Oh, that's a LOT better!Unhappy
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 7:17am
"Atmospherically Controlled Realm"  LOL

Wow.  
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2021 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

"Atmospherically Controlled Realm"  LOL

Wow.  
Sadly, I'm not sure how respond ConfusedCry. There's better/higher quality products/parts available from overseas that  can be available/produced from "here" JMO Embarrassed ??
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 7:30am
Like old style GM mechanical fuel pumps from Malaysia that last but three weeks or electric fuel pumps from India that do not last a month??  Or axle seals from Pakistan that are sold under name brand US companies that break down in a few weeks?  Have pulled brand new bearings from trailers friends have bought that had hub play, China, Taiwan, Brazil or No Name branded and crap, no pitting or damage just will not be less than sloppy, replace with Federal mogul USA Production or Canada or even Mexican and all is good.
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 8:56am
It is affecting EVERYTHING!!! My wife and I went to the nearest Casey's (our town has 4) last Sunday to get some donuts for after church. She is particular in what she wants and she wanted chocolate donuts with chocolate topping. 

Get to the Casey's and no chocolate donuts, chocolate frosted but not chocolate donuts. Lady cashier sees us looking and ask what we need. My wife says "I was hoping to get some chocolate donuts". The cashier says they haven't had any chocolate donuts for a week or so. My wife says we will check the Casey's on the other side of town and the cashier says "They are out also, in fact no Casey's around here probably has chocolate donuts, supply issues in getting the mix".  

What is this world coming to?
Brad in WA View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad in WA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 9:01am
Our local Dairy Queen can only make a couple flavors of blizzards, can't get ingredients for most of them.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 9:50am
One World Order    Censored
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2021 at 1:13pm
Yup and now it becomes more evident - we are owned and controled by China and other foreign entities,, look at the land they own here - the ownership in hog production even close to me - Washington Mo- then the  slaughter houses, parts for machines , cars trucks  and - dam everything ! We are screwed

Edited by DougG - 06 Sep 2021 at 1:16pm
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2021 at 2:42am
In my little one man shop I’m a Briggs & Stratton dealer along with Oregon outdoor power equipment and 40v cordless trimmers and saws. I’ve had a dozen people want a self propelled walk behind mower. I can’t get any in and have been waiting since February. Everything comes from Power Distributors and they have a warehouse in Ankeny, roughly a half hour drive away. They used to let us do will call pickup. Now it’s ship only and it takes them a week to get my order to me.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic