This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

superbowl chow...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: superbowl chow...
    Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:25am
I made up sum "sliders" yesterday. i'm sure a lot of you have made them, but for the ones that haven't...grab a package of dinner rolls, keep them all together, saw them in half the long way. now you can puts anything ya'll want on them, we did deli sliced roast beef, (lay it it out all over the whole area of the rolls), then added some (we used shredded taco cheeze) over the beef, then use diced red bell pepper over that. use the red bell, you will realize the flavor when eating, then add more roast beef, then top off with more shredded cheese of choice. leave the roll tops off, place in the oven on a lower shelf and broil until the cheese is melted and starting to darken. won't take long so stand there and watch it. take out, place the roll tops on, and cut apart with a sharp knife. ** now today we will be doing prime rib...Joe...you better sit down on this one. this is for bone in or not and any size chunk...pre-heat your oven to 550 degrees, make sure the buzzer has sounded...put a dry rub of choice on the meat, eub it on all sides, I just used SPG, place the hunk of meat in a shallow roasting pan (one of them aluminum throw away pans work great and less clean up), make sure the fat side is facing up, roast 5 minutes per pound for rare, 6 minutes per pound for medium, and 7 minutes per pound for well done. after what ever time period you have chosen, turn off the oven and DON'T open that oven door for 2 hours. not for even a second do you open that door. at the end of that 2 hours then you can remove the meat and slice it. now...I bought this chunk of bone in prime rib all 6.5 pounds of it...Joe you still sitting down? and had to pay $86. and change for it. whew!    
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:27am
remember...DON'T open that oven door in that 2 hour sitting period...or i'll come there and SLAP you so hard...you'll pee in your own gas tank!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:01am
 OH,,,don't you be worryin yourself one little bit,,Shameless,,,,first of all,,,,you just ain't gonna catch ole Joe be buyin that kind of meat,,,,holy'ist chit,,Shameless,,,thas like $13.39 per pound,,,,Before any of the fixins,,,,and,,,,and,,,after shrinkin and such,,you prolly wount up with just 4.7 Lbs of eatin which NOW is costin you bout $18.39 per Lb,,,,not countin the labor and waitin time,,,OH and the cost of the fuel for the stove,,chit now you is up to bout $20 Lb,,,,,!!! UMmmmm,,,,UMMmmm,,,reckon what's on sale at Burger King today,,,,???WinkLOL

Hey Les,,,,,if you is able to scrounge an invite to the eatin,,,,,send me a little chunk,,,just to get a taste of how the rich people eat,,,,,,,Wink
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 6:49am
Cranberry orange barbecue meatballs !!! Yum yum
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:24am
Joe you did a fine job calculatin the true cost per pound. Now.....do the same for the BK meal!   
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 7:25am
Not gonna watch the NFL but Jennifer made some Dr. Pepper BBQ ribs in the crock pot. Sounded weird but they were awesome. Still have some for today.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:03am
Don't give a hoot, about the crybaby bowl.  Last night went out fer dad's 86Th birthday dinner, at the local german restaurant.  Pork loin cordon blue, stuffed wif ham and swiss cheese!  Only way it coulda been better, would be if they had wrapped it in BACON!Wink
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:23am
we should get 3 meals outta that chunk, of course it'll take a bottle of wine with each meal!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 8:39am
food sounds great......... but it will be a cold day in he11 when I turn that racist rant BS on the tube... They can keep it... don't care if they go out of business.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:14am
I ain't watchin the super bowl, but am making some yummy beef summer sausage. And I don't think ole Shameless overpaid for that good beef. People should eat more of it. Darrel
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:17am
dont think I'll watch. weather will be great here today, sunny and upper 70's, plenty to do outside.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:45am
    You Bet,,,!!!,,all that food sounds great but since I'm batchin,,,I guess the extent of my Sunday cookin will be a couple of scrambled eggs with a big hot link sausage on the side,,,,,,Clap I was gonna post this last Thursday,,,when I went to C-Bad to see Momma,,the Albertson's store had the brisketts on sale for,,,,,,,,,$1.88 per LB,,!! They had a limit of 2 per person so,,I had to trick em with the "Shameless Maneuver" of switchin caps and shirts,,Wink,,only wount up with 6 of them before they run me outa there,,,dang communists,,!!! LOL
  I ain't watchin the Crybaby bowl for Chit this year either,,,they lost me and my family when they started their cxrybaby BS. Guess  I'll just eat my scrambled eggs then go outside and work on my D14 hydraulics,,,,,Clap

Hey Darrel,,,you know you cannot mention makin some sausage 'thought givin me the recipe,,,I've got some quality Elk meat I been wantin to make some with,,,Clap
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:05am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

You Bet,,,!!!,,all that food sounds great but since I'm batchin,,,I guess the extent of my Sunday cookin will be a couple of scrambled eggs with a big hot link sausage on the side,,,,,,Clap I was gonna post this last Thursday,,,when I went to C-Bad to see Momma,,the Albertson's store had the brisketts on sale for,,,,,,,,,$1.88 per LB,,!! They had a limit of 2 per person so,,I had to trick em with the "Shameless Maneuver" of switchin caps and shirts,,Wink,,only wount up with 6 of them before they run me outa there,,,dang communists,,!!! LOL
  I ain't watchin the Crybaby bowl for Chit this year either,,,they lost me and my family when they started their cxrybaby BS. Guess  I'll just eat my scrambled eggs then go outside and work on my D14 hydraulics,,,,,Clap

Hey Darrel,,,you know you cannot mention makin some sausage 'thought givin me the recipe,,,I've got some quality Elk meat I been wantin to make some with,,,Clap

You do dip them sausage links in some of Sugarmakers real syrup don’t you??? If not then yer doing it wrong.👍👍👍
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:30pm
Have not watched any nfl games since they started all their commie bull crap and definitely won't watch the Stupid Bowl. Turn on the news here and all you see is Stupid Bowl crap. Tomorrow morning it will be over except for the reports on how many were assaulted, robbed, and/or killed.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:35pm

Ok Joe, I'll give you the recipe straight out of the book, then I'll give you the changes I've made to it. It's only based on two pounds of meat, but if you can do some math, you can make larger quantities. It's kind of a recipe to be made without a lot of equipment.

Two pounds ground beef
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
two tbsp tender quick
one tbsp liquid smoke
one tbsp mustard seeds
3/4 cup water

Mix all ingredients. Form it into two logs. Wrap it in tin foil; shiney side in. Set the logs in the refridgerator for 24 hours. After the 24 hours, take it out, poke some holes in the tin foil, and bake it in the oven for one hour at 350 degrees.

I've been making it in four pound batches for years, exactly as the recipe reads. Last batch I made, I smoked in the smoker at 150 degrees for about six hours instead of baking it. Now the batch I made this morning, I stuffed into 2 1/2 inch fibrous casings instead of using tin foil. After it spends it's 24 hours in the fridge, it will go into the smoker instead of the oven also. I cut back the liquid smoke by about half also, since it's getting the real smoke. It's kind of habit forming. Doesn't take long to devour a log of it with some cheese and crackers. Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 2:40pm
We need some way of saving info like recipes n such on here.
captaindana View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captaindana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 2:54pm
Shameless!!!! So I wake up and read your slider and roast recipe and go to flying for a few hours and can't get that roast recipe out of my head. So......I call my butcher driving home and ask if he'll cut me a 4 or 5 pound roast . He says sue. I get there and he said he didn't like the color of it!! I said if you don't then I don't either , thanks for being homest. I go to th next Price Chopper and they have no roasts and no butchers in the meat room working. So I go to the next big chain and it's the same thing...no roasts to be seen. Almost back home I stop at the last place and no roasts but I did get 3 delmonico's and will broil them in my wood stove coals after I do my packets of chunked up sweet and regular potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, carrots, butter and garlic wrapped in foil. Also will have a few giant shrimp with hot cocktail sauce. Anyhow thanks for making me drool all day over your roast recipe. I will try it soon and will report back. Thank you Dale!!👍
Blue Skies and Tail Winds
                          Dana
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

I made up sum "sliders" yesterday. i'm sure a lot of you have made them, but for the ones that haven't...grab a package of dinner rolls, keep them all together, saw them in half the long way. now you can puts anything ya'll want on them, we did deli sliced roast beef, (lay it it out all over the whole area of the rolls), then added some (we used shredded taco cheeze) over the beef, then use diced red bell pepper over that. use the red bell, you will realize the flavor when eating, then add more roast beef, then top off with more shredded cheese of choice. leave the roll tops off, place in the oven on a lower shelf and broil until the cheese is melted and starting to darken. won't take long so stand there and watch it. take out, place the roll tops on, and cut apart with a sharp knife. ** now today we will be doing prime rib...Joe...you better sit down on this one. this is for bone in or not and any size chunk...pre-heat your oven to 550 degrees, make sure the buzzer has sounded...put a dry rub of choice on the meat, eub it on all sides, I just used SPG, place the hunk of meat in a shallow roasting pan (one of them aluminum throw away pans work great and less clean up), make sure the fat side is facing up, roast 5 minutes per pound for rare, 6 minutes per pound for medium, and 7 minutes per pound for well done. after what ever time period you have chosen, turn off the oven and DON'T open that oven door for 2 hours. not for even a second do you open that door. at the end of that 2 hours then you can remove the meat and slice it. now...I bought this chunk of bone in prime rib all 6.5 pounds of it...Joe you still sitting down? and had to pay $86. and change for it. whew!    

try roasted red peppers instead of the bells
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

We need some way of saving info like recipes n such on here.

Thad, I copy and paste them to a word document and them save them in a documents file on the computer. The only problem is I have 3 laptops I use, two with MS Word and one with Open Office (free program) and I need to take the time to sit down and combine them into one file and then save a backup on disc.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 4:44pm
there are a lot of us on this site that are great cooks. and I agree with Thad! HEY DARREN! Lou...ain't them the hot peppers? neither one of us can eat anything that is spiced hot. but others on here can i'm sure.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:03pm
Shammers roast cooking routine does work, I've have done it a few times before. Seriously do not peak, a friend was trying this out and the wifey had to take a look see (like it's gonna sneak off somewhere) while in the 2 hour rest, sure nuff it was under cooked.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Shammers roast cooking routine does work, I've have done it a few times before. Seriously do not peak, a friend was trying this out and the wifey had to take a look see (like it's gonna sneak off somewhere) while in the 2 hour rest, sure nuff it was under cooked.
Nothen wrong with it undercooked Wink. You just eat the outside today,an the red part comes out of microwave just right tomorrow.TongueTongueTongue
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Not gonna watch the NFL but Jennifer made some Dr. Pepper BBQ ribs in the crock pot. Sounded weird but they were awesome. Still have some for today.
WELL Thad, if'n you want a cook book on here, you have to GIVE US the recipe for Jen's ribs!!

Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Last night went out fer dad's 86Th birthday dinner, at the local german restaurant.  Pork loin cordon blue, stuffed wif ham and swiss cheese!  Only way it coulda been better, would be if they had wrapped it in BACON!Wink
HAPPY Birthday Dad!!
Dave, ANYTHING is better with bacon on or around or in it. LOL

Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

dont think I'll watch. weather will be great here today, sunny and upper 70's, plenty to do outside.
Lars, git your butt back up here to WI, you won't be so happy!!

Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Have not watched any nfl games since they started all their commie bull crap and definitely won't watch the Stupid Bowl. Turn on the news here and all you see is Stupid Bowl crap. Tomorrow morning it will be over except for the reports on how many were assaulted, robbed, and/or killed.
I agree with this too Hubert.  I won't watch these cry babies either.  Disrespect my flag,,,,I'll disrespect your face,,, it's called freedom of speech.   And Hubert, are you talking about the guys or the guys girl friends and wives?? Ouch LOL

Originally posted by captaindana captaindana wrote:

Shameless!!!! So I wake up and read your slider and roast recipe and go to flying for a few hours and can't get that roast recipe out of my head. So......I call my butcher driving home and ask if he'll cut me a 4 or 5 pound roast . He says sue. I get there and he said he didn't like the color of it!! I said if you don't then I don't either , thanks for being homest. I go to th next Price Chopper and they have no roasts and no butchers in the meat room working. So I go to the next big chain and it's the same thing...no roasts to be seen. Almost back home I stop at the last place and no roasts but I did get 3 delmonico's and will broil them in my wood stove coals after I do my packets of chunked up sweet and regular potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, carrots, butter and garlic wrapped in foil. Also will have a few giant shrimp with hot cocktail sauce. Anyhow thanks for making me drool all day over your roast recipe. I will try it soon and will report back. Thank you Dale!!👍
Now you have ME drooling!!!  DANG that sounds good!!

Thad, I copy and paste them to a word document and them save them in a documents file on the computer. The only problem is I have 3 laptops I use, two with MS Word and one with Open Office (free program) and I need to take the time to sit down and combine them into one file and then save a backup on disc.
HAHAHA,,,,,,I have 3 laptops and 3 desktops that I have them on and have about half a dozen hard drives that are backups.  It'll take me at least a week to combine all of them. Confused LOL  But I HAVE to get at it one of these days.....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Originally posted by chaskaduo chaskaduo wrote:

Nothen wrong with it undercooked Wink. You just eat the outside today,an the red part comes out of microwave just right tomorrow.TongueTongueTongue
What isn't better the next day??
We had a guy at work, who had NEVER cooked water!!  He had NO idea about anything.  We figured we'd start him out with something easy, pork steak and kraut.
6 pork steaks and 2 bags of kraut.  Browned GOOD on both sides and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 2.5 hours.  It was RAW!!!!!   WTH???
Seems he kept looking in at it about every 5 minutes to make sure it didn't dry out. ConfusedConfused
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

there are a lot of us on this site that are great cooks. and I agree with Thad! HEY DARREN! Lou...ain't them the hot peppers? neither one of us can eat anything that is spiced hot. but others on here can i'm sure.

No Dale, they are red bell peppers that are roasted and packed in either water or olive oil....I like them in olive oil. Fantastic on eggs or sliced up on sandwiches
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 2:56am

I agree with this too Hubert.  I won't watch these cry babies either.  Disrespect my flag,,,,I'll disrespect your face,,, it's called freedom of speech.   And Hubert, are you talking about the guys or the guys girl friends and wives?? Ouch LOL

Ted, I was thinking of the fans and locals. Saw a news clip on tv after the game and some of those fans were in an advanced state of intoxication. But you are right, some of the wives/girlfriends probably were assaulted after the game.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 3:32am
broiled up that chunk of beef, came out wonderful! after slicing off 2 pieces of (one inch thick cut) meat, we'll still get 2 more meals off this chunk! might go ahead and slice it and freeze sum of it to enjoy later. now Joe...."rich people???) really??? if'n we would have gone out to eat this, it would have cost us $50 more/less each time for the 2 of us without the wine! we'll enjoy this 3 times now...you do the math on that! how is Momma doin?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:24am
 Well,,,Good Buddy,,,that sorta changes everything,,,it does,,,,Now,,that you gonna eat off thet piece of meat several times,,why, the price kinda goes DOWN,,,,Wink
 SOOoooo,,,now,,,you prolly lookin at ,,lets just see  UMmmm,,,where's that dang calculous,,???
 OK,,,I'll use my fingers this time,,,,,
  OK,,you say it cost you $86 plus the fixins adds $5 plus cost of fuel +$5 equals bout,,,,chit I gotta go 3-4 times usin my toes on this one,,,lookin like bout $96,,,but WAIT,,,I had not figured 4 good meals outa thet chunk,,,and,,,AND we gotta figure in Ms Dee supping on it 3-4 times so ,,,,ya see I was thinkin you was eatin on it by your own self,,,,,Wink $96 divi by 4 meals  = $24 ,,,and,,,divi that by two peoples = $12.00,,,,NOW,,THATS more like a great piece of prime beef to enjoy,,,,whew,,,!!! 
(I think I mighta got out of thet one,!)  UMMmmm,,,where did you say you got thet great chunk of beef,,?,,,,,,,,,LOL You prolly gettin thet prime meat from ole Darrel,,ain't you,,???
  OH,,,,and I'm gonna dress one of those $1.88/LB brisketts today and put in fridge for a few days,,,,,LOL 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:39am
 OH,,and since you asked,,,,,,Momma is doing good and her therapy is doin lots better than the other times as I think she has finally realized,,,she is gonna have to get with the program if she ever expects to walk again. I will say this,,,that right there is one heck of a Durable woman and,,,,and,,,almost invinceable to have made it past two strokes and an amputation and be where she is today. CHIT,,Her speech and memory is way better than mine and she remembers way better than me ,,,but ain't that just like a woman,,,?????LOL
   The Dr took her off the Lasix as she is now down to 124#,,, almost where she was when we got married,,,,now I gotta get my arse in gear and lose a few of MINE,,,,,LOL Dr did tell me that he suggests that she get moved to a nursing home with Rehab facilities to continue her rehab and I agreed as did all our Sons did as well. I think I'm gonna go up to the place in the mountains for a few days  when he does tell her cause the chit is fixin to hit the walls,,,,,,Wink
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 9:54am

OH,,and since you asked,,,,,,Momma is doing good and her therapy is doin lots better than the other times as I think she has finally realized,,,she is gonna have to get with the program if she ever expects to walk again. I will say this,,,that right there is one heck of a Durable woman and,,,,and,,,almost invinceable to have made it past two strokes and an amputation and be where she is today. CHIT,,Her speech and memory is way better than mine and she remembers way better than me ,,,but ain't that just like a woman,,,?????LOL
   The Dr took her off the Lasix as she is now down to 124#,,, almost where she was when we got married,,,,now I gotta get my arse in gear and lose a few of MINE,,,,,LOL Dr did tell me that he suggests that she get moved to a nursing home with Rehab facilities to continue her rehab and I agreed as did all our Sons did as well. I think I'm gonna go up to the place in the mountains for a few days  when he does tell her cause the chit is fixin to hit the walls,,,,,,Wink
Good to hear she's doing better.  Hopefully it keeps going....I guess somehow I missed the most recent "relapse".  Hope you find a great facility.  That seems difficult these days...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic