This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

stupidity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stupidity
    Posted: 19 Dec 2010 at 11:59pm

We have a standard 6ft fence in the backyard, a few months ago I heard about burglaries increasig dramatically in the area.  To make sure this never happened to me I got an electric fence and ran a single wire allong the top of the fence.

Actually I got the biggest cattle charger Tractor Supply had, made for 26 miles of fence.  I then used an 8 ft long ground rod and drove it 7.5 feet into the ground.  The ground rod is the key with the more you have in the ground, the better the fence works.

Now with all this snow, I'm blowing out the driveway with my el-cheapo 6hp snowblower.  The hot wire is broken and running down the fence I can see.  I knew for a fact that I unplugged the charger.  I pushed the blower around the wire and reached down to grab it and throw it out of the way.

It seams as though I hadn't rembered to unplug it after all.

Now I'm standing there, I've got a running snowblower in my right hand and the 2+ giga-volt fence wire in the other hand.  Keep in mind the charger is about the size of a small microwave and has a picture of an upside down cow on fire on the cover.

Time stood still.

The first thing I notice is my wee wee trying to climb up the front side of my body.  My ears curled downwards and I could feel the snowblower ignition fireing int he backside of my brain.  Every time that Briggs & Stratton rolled over I could feel spark in my head.  I was literally at one with the engine.

It seams as though the fence charger and the heap of junk of a snowblower were fighting over who would controll my electrical impulses.

Science says you cannot excrete, pee, and vomit at the same time.  I beg to differ.  Not only did I do all three at once, but my bowls emptied 3 different times in less than half a second.  It was a Matrix kind of bowel movement, where time is creeping allong and you're all leaned back and BAM BAM BAM you just crap your pants 3 times.  It seemed like there were minutes in between, but in reality it was so close toghather it was like exhaust pulses from a bib block Chevy turning 8 grand.

At this point I'm about 30 minutes (maybe 2 seconds) into holding onto the fence wire.  My hand is wrapped around the wore palm down so I can't let go.  I grew up on a farm so I know all about electric fences.......but dad always had those junk chargers made by Red Snapper or whoever that were like 9 volts and just knida tickled.  This one, I could not let go of.  The 8 foot long ground rod is now accepting signals from me through the permadamp slush, snow and soil mix.  At this point I'm thinking I'm going to have to just man up and take it, untill the snowblower runs out of gas.

Then I rember, I think in suspended animation, I just filled the tank!

Now the Briggs is starting to run rough.  It has settled into a loping run pattern as if it has some kind of big go kart race cam in it.  Covered in poop, pee and with my own vomit on my chest I think "Oh God please die... Pleeeeaze die".  But noooo, it settles into a rough lumpy cam dle nicely and remains there, like a big bore roller cam high rise motor waiting for the go command from its owners right foot.

So here I am in the middle of December, 20 degrees standing in the driveway begging God to kill me.  God did not take me that day..... he left me there covered in my own fluids to writhe in the misery my own stupidity has created.

I honestly don't know how I got loose from the wire... I woke up laying on the ground hours later.  The snowblower was beside me, out of gas.  The sun was setting and my hands are frostbitten.

There's two baren spots where I had been standing, and a burn mark on the fence where the wire has made contact to the wood.  I assume I finally had a seizure and in the resulting thrashing I has somehow let go of the wire.

Upon waking from my electrically induced sleep, I realized a few things:

1.  Three of my teeth seem to have melted.

2.  I now have cramps in teh bottoms of my feet and my right butt cheek, not the left, just the right. 

3.  So much for the rumor about rubber footwear protectiong from electric shock.

4.  Poop, pee and vomit when all mixed togather do not smell as bad as you may think.

5.  My left eye will not open.

6.  My right eye will not close.

7.  The snowblower runs like a sumbich now.  Seriously!  I think our little session cleared out some carbon fouling or something, because it was better than new after that.

8.  I can turn on the TV in the game room by farting.  I still don't understand this??

That day changed my life.  I now have a newfound respect for things..... electric things.  I appreciate the little things more and now I alwayse triple check to make sure the fence is unplugged before going outside.

The good news is that if a burgler does try to come over the fence, I can clearly visualize what my security system will do to him, and that gibes me a warm and fuzzy feeling all over, which also reminds me to tripple check before I send my wife out near the fence.

"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:50am
I didn't know if I should laugh or cry, so I laughed, a lot!  You should be a comedian.  I do feel your pain (not, thankfully)  So what will you do different from now on.  Careful, the burger may have a good lawyer (or be one for that matter).
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
kip in cny View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kip in cny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:21am
Boy Iam I glad you did this it saves me from having to touch on to find out how it works.   Thats a funny
160 CA 920diesel 5020 HD-3
Burgie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Burgie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 4:58am
Been there (almost). We used a 110 volt system cut down with a 15 watt light bulb. You sure have a way with words. I like it.
"Burgie"
Rick View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 5:06am
I read this and was laughing so hard I couldn't read it to my wife...what a story! However,I'm sorry that it happened to you,but I bet you won't do that again! LOL! John's right...you should have been a comedian!  Rick
DarrylinWA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DarrylinWA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 6:32am
Marty

I am the same as above !!! That made my morning. I am sorry that this happened, but ......... "That right there is what you call funny ) LOL !!!!!!

Thanks for sharing, Darryl
B 10 Custom. Serial # 1001 D21, First D21 built 69 #4498 and Last D 21 Built #4609. 1946 MM UTU. And 2000, 2005 Pete's. AC custom Hauling.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 6:37am
That can't be a true story!  You can't see electicity!  If you can't see it . . . it can't hurt you!!! LOL!!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Jeff-in-Kunkletown View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff-in-Kunkletown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 7:52am
Wow...that was a bad deal, glad you're okay. Didya notice how the number 3 kept coming up? Pooped pants 3 times in 1 second, pooped peed and vomited (3) at the same time, 3 melted teeth and 3 cramps, both feet and 1 cheek. After that you're due some good luck, mabe keep the 3 thing in mind and pick some lottery numbers. Did you check the remote for the TV? Just might find 3 AAA batteries.
Sucess is how high you bounce after hitting bottom. Gen. George S. Patton
Bret (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bret (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:12am
That was GREAT!  Every so often a story comes along like this one, written by a very talented author I might add, that has me laughing so hard that tissues are required in bulk.  I especially liked the Upside Down Cow on Fire line.  What a great morning read!  Thanks!!!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:25am
I believe Marty is having a bit-o-fun with you guys! I read this in an e-mail sent to me 'couple of years ago. Actually.....seems to me it may have been on this forum before...I think. It's still funny in any case
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Dick L View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dick L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:43am
Yup Lou,
Been around in some form for a spell but still makes an old man chuckle.

If you have been around electric fence chargers you know that it couldn't happen but when you grab one you sure wonder if it could. (:^D
LannyMTN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LannyMTN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:57am
It makes no difference how long it has been around, it is still funny. A great start for a beautiful Monday morning.
Lanny
niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:06am
Not tring to be mean but you need to get a hold of the writers at 1000 ways to die and tell them of your eletrifing experiance glad you were not seriously hurt but did have a good laugh Niel
Jamie (KY) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamie (KY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:09am
Where ever it came from, it's hilarious! Thanks for sharing! I laughed hard enough that I thought that I was going to poop, pee, and vomit at the same time...
Just when I thought I was finishing my "honey-do-list", she turned the page!!!
wi50 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wi50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:16am
I don't know how long it's been around, it was funny so I took a few minutes and wrote something close to what I had seen a while agoe.

No, for the belivers, it's not true.  I'm just fine and I don't even have a fence or a snowblower

It was ment to make you laugh, made me laugh so hard I cried, than my wife red it and did the same.

Edited by wi50 - 20 Dec 2010 at 9:18am
"see what happens when you have no practical experience doing something...... you end up playing with calculators and looking stupid on the internet"
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 9:17am
Here's another good one.

Last weekend I saw something at Larry's Pistol & Pawn Shop that sparked my interest. The occasion was our 22nd anniversary and I was looking for a little something special for my wife, Toni. What I came across was a
100,000-volt, pocket/purse-sized taser. The effects of the taser were supposed to be short lived, with no long-term adverse effect on the assailant, allowing her adequate time to retreat to safety... WAY TOO COOL!

Long story short, I bought the device and brought it home. I loaded two triple-A batteries in the darn thing and pushed the button. Nothing! I was disappointed. I learned, however, that if I pushed the button AND pressed it against a metal surface at the same time; I'd get the blue arch of electricity darting back and forth between the prongs. Awesome!!! (Unfortunately, I have yet to explain to Toni what that burn spot is on the face of her microwave).

Okay, so I was home alone with this new toy, thinking to myself that it couldn't be all that bad with only two little triple-A batteries... Right?

There I sat in my recliner, my cat Gracie looking on intently (trusting little soul) while I was reading the directions and thinking that I really needed to try this thing out on a flesh & blood moving target. I must admit I thought about zapping Gracie (for a fraction of a second) but thought better of it. She is such a sweet cat. But, if I was going to give this thing to my wife to protect herself against a mugger, I did want some assurance that it would work as advertised. Am I wrong?

So, there I sat in a pair of shorts and a tank top with my reading glasses perched delicately on the bridge of my nose, directions in one hand, and taser in the other. The directions said that a one-second burst would shock and disorient your assailant; a two-second burst was supposed to cause muscle spasms and a major loss of bodily control; a three-second burst would purportedly make your assailant flop on the ground like a fish out of water. Any burst longer than three seconds would be wasting the batteries.

All the while I'm looking at this little device measuring about 5" long, less than 3/4 inch in circumference, (pretty cute really and loaded with two itsy, bitsy triple-A batteries) thinking to myself, "No possible waaay!"

What happened next is almost beyond description, but I'll do my best.....I'm sitting there alone, Gracie looking on with her head cocked to one side as if to say, "Don't do it Master." Reasoning that a one-second burst from such a tiny little ole thing couldn't hurt all that bad....I decided to give myself a one-second burst just for the heck of it. I touched the prongs to my naked thigh, pushed the button, and ... HOLY MOTHER ..WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION...@!poor word choice!%!@*!!!

I'm pretty sure Jessie Ventura ran in through the side door, picked me up in the recliner, then body slammed us both on the carpet, over and over and over again. I vaguely recall waking up on my side in the fetal position, with tears in my eyes, body soaking wet, both nipples on fire, testicles nowhere to be found, my left arm tucked under my body in the oddest position, and tingling in my legs. The cat was standing over me making meowing sounds I had never heard before, licking my face, undoubtedly thinking to herself, "Do it again, do it again!"

Note: If you ever feel compelled to "mug" yourself with a taser, one note of caution: there is no such thing as a one-second burst when you zap yourself. You will not let go of that thing until it is dislodged from your hand by a violent thrashing about on the floor. A three-second burst would be considered conservative.

SON-OF-A-..... That hurt like h...l!!!

A minute or so later (I can't be sure, since time was a relative thing at that point), I collected my wits (what little I had left), sat up and surveyed the landscape. My bent reading glasses were on the mantel of the fireplace. How did they up get there??? My triceps, right thigh and both nipples were still twitching. My face felt like it had been shot up with Novocain, and my bottom lip weighed 88 lbs. I'm still looking for my testicles? I'm offering a significant reward for their safe return
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:02pm
Reminds me...what ever happened to Dave SD, the plumber and part time writer that used to post some good stories on the forum? 
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
michaelwis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:16pm
i had a friend who was shocking worms ..when the  well pump kicked on .. killed him on the spot ..
anyone ever heard of that happening?
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by michaelwis michaelwis wrote:

i had a friend who was shocking worms ..when the  well pump kicked on .. killed him on the spot ..
He had to have driven one of his rods into the burried powerline for the pump. what are to odds of that?!?!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Originally posted by michaelwis michaelwis wrote:

He had to have driven one of his rods into the burried powerline for the pump. what are to odds of that?!?!
LOU .. that was exactly my thought .. this was my friends 10 year old son .. .. they  said ..no .it just happened when the pump kicked on .. so i still don,t get it except the little kid is dead ....
WD WD45 DIESEL D 14 D-15 SERIES 2 190XT TERRA TIGER ac allcrop 60   GLEANER F 6060 7040.and attachments for all Proud to be an active farmer
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:24pm
I don't get it...a kid is electrocuted and it wasn't investigated??
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelwis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Eldon (WA) Eldon (WA) wrote:

I don't get it...a kid is electrocuted and it wasn't investigated??
Eldon .. oh my yes ..it was investigated .. said it was caused by well pump kicking on while the kid was shocking worms .. .. Like Lou said must have hit a live wire .. but like many investigations people not in the know .. get left out ... 
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:38pm
Jeff, thats pretty good how you spotted the number "3" in wi50's story. Next he will want my AC page name. Wi50, I have been there myself. Funny, went it happened to me, it didn't seem like a laughing matter.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 1:39pm
Eldon, I saved most of the posts that DaveSD made. The last I heard from him, if I remember right, he he had family with health problems and was too busy with everything to keep up.
 The problem I have with all that saved stuff is, it's on my old PC and I can't seem to get a network set up from windows98SE to my laptop.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 20 Dec 2010 at 1:42pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
yochujr View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yochujr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 8:24pm
That was hilarious.  Thanks, I needed that today!
Nate (OH) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nate (OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2010 at 3:00pm
i read that the other day on this atv forum i frequent.  i literally laughed at loud to it
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic