This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strike pic Springfield IL 1950

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strike pic Springfield IL 1950
    Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:31am
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Sponsored Links

Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:36am
Wonder what happened to that Neon sign ?
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Ky.Allis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ky.Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:35pm
Wonder how the STRIKE turned out? Their hold-out looks very peaceful. Today's version would look much different.
allisrutledge View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisrutledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:55pm
Poor ole Henry, I'll bet he didn't even get any flowers or a kiss before they danced!
Allis Chalmers still exist in my mind and barns
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 1:58pm
Here's some footage of the strike at Milwaukee.....
[TUBE]8jWqdVuGOMU[/TUBE]
[TUBE]-LeyKEC_nIw[/TUBE]
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
garden_guy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garden_guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 4:56pm
This is close to my stomping grounds, I wonder if I know any of these folks (or their kids/grandkids, anyway).
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 5:48pm
Commies in the rank and file caused AC to be # 3 tractor manufacturer...

Read An Industrial Heritage, by Walter F Peterson...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:30pm
Alot of  people say that- which i dont believe, as the facts are never proved out right,  also WHO IS HENRY IN THIS DIBACULE?

Edited by DougG - 12 Jul 2020 at 7:12am
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 4:56pm
According to the information published, it knocked AC from 1st place to 3rd place, from which they never really recovered.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2020 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Alot of different minded people say that- which i dont believe, as the facts are never proved,  also WHO IS HENRY IN THIS DIBACULE?

I'd be happy to read any evidence you have to back up your claim, feel free to present such...Wink
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:13am
Never seen no evidence that rightly proved this statement to begin with
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:30am

https://www.nytimes.com/1947/06/01/archives/communist-party-blamed-for-strike-at-allis-in-1941-house-labor.html
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 7:48am

https://emke.uwm.edu/entry/communist-party/
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 1:05pm
Thanks for posting this artile , but its very vague- so these guys were on the inside provoking AC employees ?  How long was the strike ? Allis couldnt recover after a tiny set back like this , ??  The videos were informative ,      

Edited by DougG - 12 Jul 2020 at 1:30pm
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 1:31pm
The Springfield Plant was CONSTANTLY under protest.. Seems like the guys would get a 4 year contract, then ANOTHER STRIKE.. There were several , of not DOZENS of strikes at that plant.... FIAT bought into ALLIS in the late 1970s, and more in the early 1980s... Another "contract" was up about 1986 (??)  Guys were on the picket line for WEEKS.. Finally the "BOSS" from Fiat showed up and told them they had till NEXT FRIDAY to get a contract signed or the equipment would be moved out and closed...... Union said FK YOU... called his bluff............. On friday there were 500 semis showed up to start moving out the equipement ( dozers / parts/ assembly equip/ lathe / milling / EVERYTHING.........That was it... EVERYONE GONE.. Never reopened ..... 20 years later the State took over the area and leveled everything to the ground.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 1:50pm
Thanks for that info,, makes some sence,, 
Ron Eggen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Eggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 3:40pm
In reading magazine articles, Fiat finally turned all Fiat-Allis dealings over to their by then ownership-of New Holland , for them to handle.  Now if you want any parts you get refeerred to Cooke Used parts in Chillicothe, MO.  
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 5:43pm

Thanks for that info,, makes some sence,, 

I highly recommend you read peterson's book...

It should be available used at a good price, or check your local library...Wink
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 6:01pm
I have that book , will have to re read it i guess
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic