This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stop Light ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stop Light ??
    Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:33pm
Seems like the "yellow" light was lit for 4-5 seconds before the red light came on, "here", the municipalities have "changed "the yellow light to 2 seconds Confused . I realize it doesn't seem like a lot of difference, but in all honesty, the signals might as well go from green to red and save the cost of a yellow lens and bulb Cry
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:00pm
here in Ontario, they added a 3.2 second delay between the red of one direction before the grn of the other direction. supposed to reduce accidents.
don't mean squat when drivers blast through solid reds ......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

here in Ontario, they added a 3.2 second delay between the red of one direction before the grn of the other direction. supposed to reduce accidents.
don't mean squat when drivers blast through solid reds ......

Josh, Jay
I thought that was only here in Texas.
That, and those that believe they have to drive around with their high-beams on 24/7.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 11:05pm
i'm thinking that the yellow light around here means to speed up? lol
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 2:51am
"Sounds like" "someone" got a "ticket" and is "butthurt" about it.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 2:56am
not me...i ain't had a ticket since i was 16 years old!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:25am
A few municipalities here got caught tricking the yellow timer for tickets ended up losing all those tickets in court and had to refund a bunch of money. Washington MO had the 4 second delay to swap from red to green as the other cross traffic swaps green to red, people figured that oit pretty quick and now flat run the reds knowing they have time. The city ever swaps back or cuts it down will be a massacre.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Jordan(OH) Jordan(OH) wrote:

"Sounds like" "someone" got a "ticket" and is "butthurt" about it.

Not me SmileSmile !! Keep fishing Jordan ClapClap !!!
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 2:48am
Keep drinking, Freedgay
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 6:44am
it is NOT against the law here in Ontario, to go through a red light IF you were already IN the intersection. Say you're making a left turn, waiting for oncoming traffic to disappear, light turns red. You make your turn....NO ticket can be issued.
No if you boldly  'run the red light'...yup, big fine and points lost !
 When it turns yellow, you're supposed to slow down,stop IF you can do so SAFELY....
Means you don't hammer on the brakes with an unsecured load and cars behind you...
go through the intersection...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 7:14am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

it is NOT against the law here in Ontario, to go through a red light IF you were already IN the intersection. Say you're making a left turn, waiting for oncoming traffic to disappear, light turns red. You make your turn....NO ticket can be issued.
No if you boldly  'run the red light'...yup, big fine and points lost !
 When it turns yellow, you're supposed to slow down,stop IF you can do so SAFELY....
Means you don't hammer on the brakes with an unsecured load and cars behind you...
go through the intersection...

It is the same here.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 9:01am
If 2 seconds of yellow is not enough time... you were sleeping at the wheel or going TOO FAST to start with........... I watch the lights when im 1000 ft away to see if they have been "green" shortly or for a long time..... WAKE UP... not a problem.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

If 2 seconds of yellow is not enough time... you were sleeping at the wheel or going TOO FAST to start with........... I watch the lights when im 1000 ft away to see if they have been "green" shortly or for a long time..... WAKE UP... not a problem.

You are missing the point of "MOP" COMPLETELY !!!!! I'm 100% awake, THAT"S how I know they've (street department/ municipality) have changed the timing ClapClap !!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:52pm
............. then your driving TOO FAST.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:01pm
I drive a Ford "LUMBER TRUCK" Clap !! I can't drive too fast Confused, I've been passed by mopeds !!!!!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:00pm
You guys have electric stop lights? After we get indoor plumbing next year hopefully we get electric lights in town because I'm getting a automatic clothes washer to wash my skidmarks after I go to fast through those lights. Wink
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic