This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sticker shock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sticker shock
    Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:49am
Got around to pricing new rubber restoration parts for my 52 Willys  Overland 4x4 pickiup truck.  All the bits and pieces for new window and door rubber parts is between 6 and 8 hundred bucks.  
     I have to plant, grow. pick and shell and sell a ton of pinkeye purple hull peas just to buy new rubber parts for my jeep restoration.
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:31am
Does LMC handle Jeep parts they might be cheaper
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 12:32pm
Seems like the restoration business has exploded with parts available and prices to match. Shouldn’t complain much I suppose as we can restore more vehicles and machines than before and suppliers should be able to make a living also.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:18pm
Ken, please post pictures of your Jeep pickup.  My dad had a 1963 Willys Jeep pickup.  It was one of the first four wheel drive vehicles around here.  It had a six cylinder overhead cam engine with hemi pistons and a Holley carburetor.  I drove it for a couple years during college when the roads were bad.  Mom got rid of it after dad passed away.  Supposedly it ended up going to California to a restoration person.  I never got any contact information though. Cry
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:33pm
choke ! I bought a whack of rubbers and stuff from a place in Bradenton, FL ( Aunt live in Frostproof back then....). Don't know if it's still there though...
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:15pm
I got my restoration rubber parts from rubber the right way. They were pretty fair priced and the few parts I bought fit very well.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:01pm
There's a guy in Toledo OH that supposedly has any Jeep parts you need.  Did you go to any of the Jeep forums and look for vendors?  There are a lot of them out there.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2020 at 10:54pm
If you wanted to build a year old truck, it'd probably cost you about $200,000 in parts.  Nothing is cheap anymore....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:16am
my 52 willys pickup is in need of the same stuff,   and i really need to change the left windsheild let us know what you find out there , also all my door seals are going fast  now 
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 11:06am
Obsolete Jeep and Willys Parts located at 6110 17th Street East in Bradenton, FL
this might be the place I was at...30 year ago....
had EVERYTHING I needed 'rubberwise' and more....

There's a Wendy's down teh road and 'curly fries' were new back then...
sigh....
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic