This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

soon to add to the collection....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: soon to add to the collection....
    Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:01pm

hopefully picking up a styled WC this week....

Sponsored Links

mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:17pm
I like it . A wc with attitude would you call that horns or tusks on the front pedastal.
BennyLumpkin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 7:20pm
The guy bought the 8n next to it to replace the WC....he said its hilly around there and the narrow front scared him...which I can understand around this area....said the starter wont turn it over and its been sitting about a year.....ATF/Acetone should do the trick to loosen it up
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 8:16pm
Nice looking styled WC.  Foot Brakes too. 
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2010 at 8:21pm
Is that a mechanical lift in front of the footbrakes?
Nice looking unit.Our 49 WC back on the farm only had hand brakes .My dad told me they could of got a mech. lift but decided they did not need it.

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 02 Jun 2010 at 8:26pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 6:53am
I dont honestly know much about WC's so when I pick it up friday I'll get pics posted at some point and Im sure you guys will tell me all about it.....struck a deal last night.....got it cheap...like I said its a crap shoot with the motor stuck, but I bought it cheap enough I can rebuild it and be ok with what I have in it.....
Rfdeere View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rfdeere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 3:50pm
   Yes that is the power lift.
Randy Freshour,Member Indiana AC Partners,
http://www.rumelyallis.com
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 4:17pm
Bill Long, Good eyes for spotting the foot brakes. Bob@allisdowneast
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 5:04pm
yeah I didnt even notice the foot brakes....what do you guys think was a good price on this thing? any idea what year it is without a serial #? Im picking her up tomorrow night and I cant wait....Im like a little kid....oh and is there anything on a WC I should watch for?? problems or things to make sure are there, or not there?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 12:24am
Well its home....picked it up tonight, drug it down to dads on the trailer and we soaked the cylinders....i oiled them before I even loaded it. Dad and I got it to break loose with the hand crank, a pipe wrench on it with an 8 foot cheater bar, and another on the crankshaft pulley shaft....slowly used the floor jack to put pressure on the crank pulley one....bumped right loose....went over everything, had to be enginuitive.....carb from my WD45, and a few other things and I had her running around the driveway at dads with a lil push start from his little orange wonder...his Kubota....must be something about orange tractors being good lol....but anyways other than either  week battery/ and or starter...she works great....needs manifold gaskets and final drive seals....other than that its as nice as the pic looks....only thing that was cheesy was when it was restored someone mudded the hood like you wouldnt believe....I'll post pics when I can....when I took the hood off I thought it was plastic at first it had so much bondo on it.....oh well i can find another hood Im sure.....pics to come.
bigfish_Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigfish_Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 8:44am
another success story !!

my Ford experience ask me, hills & the ford coaster brakes that I have tried to used ?
1941 WC sat for 29 years,started & dynoed 27 h.p.
1957 WD45 Grandpa bought new,factory p.s.,added wfe
1951 WD, factory p.s.
1960 D14 HnMk IV BkHoe 4 sale
2014 HD Tri Glide
2009 GMC CC SLT Dually
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 10:23am
yeah I was kinda wondering the same thing....he was worried about his yard being steep with a narrow front and buys an 8n with wonder brakes? Didnt make much sense but it worked out for me.
maytag View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maytag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 10:30am
Would someone enlighten me about the "styled/unstyled AC.

Thanks,
Tom
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 10:44am
unstyled

Square  looking built from 1933 to 1938.

Styled, basically the same tractor with "styled" sheet metal.
Built from 1938 to 1948.

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
maytag View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maytag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:00am
Thanks for the clarification, had me a B and I believe a C once many moons ago-like seeing the old equipment, brings back a lot of good memories.

Tom
Glockhead SWMI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glockhead SWMI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 11:48am
It sure is red! Looks like some weight on it too.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2010 at 6:26pm
I believe styled came about when manufacturers learned/figured out, how to stamp out sheet metal. Before it was formed. Notice that the only compound curves on unstyled tractors is on castings.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BennyLumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 7:37am
that pic makes it look kinda red but its I think Persian Orange
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic