This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Something you dont see every day

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie (NC) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 12:59pm
Gerald I heard somewhere that it's about being tied to the government and society.  They don't want to be hooked to a public utility of any sort.  Kind of like the prepper movement these days to "live off the grid".   I guess they feel they only answer to God and participating in public utilities  would make them subserviant to man.

Sponsored Links

dave63 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 5:34pm
I talked to an Amishman in december that told me he just had electric put in his Chicken house because the price of Fuel just went up to much.
But i see steel wheel tractors from time to time.
The universal answer to all questions is yes, how much do you want to spend?
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:16pm
Charlie, as if buying diesel fuel for the portable engines and generators doesn't make them get bills from the fuel vendors, whether COD or on account.

Gerald J.
Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 6:26pm
The way my neihbors explained it to me was they dont want to become prideful. Of course if they work for me they can drive my tractors, fourwheelers ,trucks etc. just cant do it for themselves. As long as their happy is all that matters to me.
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic