This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Somebody's stealing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Somebody's stealing
    Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:36pm
air out of my tires...I fill them up and somebody is coming at night and stealing it out of them. They only take the air out of certain tires.  Help!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Sponsored Links

Dean/MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean/MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:45pm
I bet they only take it out of the bottom of the tires also.
On-the_road_again View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On-the_road_again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 10:47pm

It was this guy ....

I asked & he raised his hand

But, if it were me .....

I would let it go cause he doesn't look worth messing with !

Jim

JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:07am
-are you sure this is happening only at night?  Sneaky.

Edited by JoeO(CMO) - 03 May 2010 at 6:07am
Dave(inMA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave(inMA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:24am
It actually happens during the day as well, but you can't tell since the wheels are turning and they never really get flat on the bottom! I understand that this is issue is confined to the Pacific Northwest - there's a quarantine on shipping tractors outa there to make sure that it doesn't spread.......
WC, CA, D14, WD45
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:41am
I think I have at least one, maybe two with the Pacific NW syndrome. 
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:55am
I have a tractor that came from the Pacific NW that had that problem with 2 of it's tires. I got them sealed up so it don't happen any more, last I checked anyway.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:22am
I'd air them up and super glue the caps on.  Not going to steal any air then.
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:18am
I'm thinking it's all that clean Air up there. Look for some valve stem locks maybe that will stop it. Maybe a bigger guard dog too.LMAO
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 10:02am
I've had that problem here in Colorado too.  Finally solved the problem by letting the air out of them at the end of the day, nobody's going to steal my air!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ron(WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:20am
Aw, c'mon Eldon, do what I do. Just jack the wheel up then rotate the tire so the flat side is on top !
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:26am
Tire air is like scrap. It goes up and down. Right now tire air is up, so whoever is stealing it is getting big money on your air! Maybe you better guard those tires one night to find out who it is and nab them!........  LOL!!
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:31am
I have a stinking suspicion that it is being sent over to the west side of the state...and being sold as sailboat fuel!!!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
mlpankey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlpankey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 12:59pm
Be carefull they may sell you for a sailboat or balloon engine.
Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 2:47pm
The one thing you have to worry about concerning the cost of air is inflation.
Steve M View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:28pm
Another possiblity is that you could have metric tires but are putting in stanard air. You might need to buy a metric air compressor. But then again if your talking about older tractors, chances they don't have metric tires but maybe your compressor is metric.  Kinda like going to sears to buy a metric socket set and the salesman asks if you want 1/4", 3/8" or 1/2" drive. Shouldn't the drive end be metric also??????
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 3:53pm
I just had a tire turned around on the rim the other day. When I went out to the shop yesterday, I discovered that all of the air was gone out of it. The guy at the tire shop jipped me. Guess he put in fake air. He charged me for real air though. I'm gonna see if I can get my money back!LOL!
On-the_road_again View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote On-the_road_again Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:08pm
You guys ....

I see a future in both comedy & sales for you all !

Jim
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:23pm
Eldon, I would rather have somebody steal the air out of a tire than what the gremlins did to me Saturday afternoon. They pulled the whole wheel off my trailer while I was still on the road. At least they waited till I was under 35 mph and 50 feet from my driveway.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 6:29pm
make sure the other  ones didnt swell up on you and they just look that way
NickT(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickT(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 7:21pm
Goose, that's a good one!! Inflation Ha Must be a democratic air thief.
Osage_Orange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Osage_Orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 8:59pm
I think it's a scam!  If you follow the link to the scammer's website, supply all the personal info they ask for, they will offer to stop the thievery............O_O
Why is there never time to do it right the first time, but always time to go back and fix it?
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:29pm
It's one time de-flation costs more $$$$$!
ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 9:44pm
In Arkansas they just steal 9/16" wrenches. I've been hit several times. Our riding mower gets the air stolen once a week from the same tire.
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 6:20am
What kinda air you puttin in that tire? If you got standard air in them and the thieves keep stealin it then just put in that metric air for a night. Bet their tires won't turn and they won't be back for more.
As far as wrenches, I've tried planting those 9/16" and 1/2" many times in the field but they never grow anything and the seed justs rots away cause I never find em again. Same with hammers.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 7:37am
On-The-Road-Again and Eldon,

No, it wasn't him. Paul Bunyon is still in Bangor, Maine so I ran in to check for myself. He told me that Babe the blue ox was on the loose so you might have the state police abd sheriff watch for him. The tip of one of those horns could cause a big leak. Bob@allisdowneast
irlbeck A-C'S View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irlbeck A-C'S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:16am
I have got it figured out! You all forgot about the change of season. You are suppose to take the winter air out and put the summer air back in. Must have something to do with hot and cold tire pressure, but I am only guessing on that part.
Carl Ohio View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 8:28am
 Eldon I saw on rjranches post them same thieves just stole the air out of the top half of his tire - Now thats some crafty thieves just taking the top air and leaving the bottom air in there - I guess the valve stem was at the top and not down the side or on the bottom . Maybe you can start parking your equipment with the stems at the top so they only get some of it
weiner43 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 1:46pm
I see advertisements about replacing the air in your tires with nitrogen. Atmosphere is 78 percent nitrogen so what would be the benefit of adding 20 percent more nitrogen except to take money out of my pocket and put it in somebody elses? Why not use helium to make your vehicle lighter for better fuel mileage and if you got enough helium in there you`d just hit the high spots in the road and save on tire wear too.
God bless our troops and the United States of America.

Pick your rut well, you may be in it a long time.
JohnDNY View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnDNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2010 at 4:49pm
Try using hot air. Theres plenty around if you look for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic