This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Somebody turned on the sunshine machine

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Somebody turned on the sunshine machine
    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:10am
It's a beautiful blue sky, sunshining morning here today. Supposed to get to 60! Hubert do you have a sunshine machine at that farm ole shame shame can't find? If so, grease that puppy and pull the belt tight and let er scream!
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:18am
VERY selective machine......

dull, grey, snowning here... maybe 2" wet,heavy stuff.

supposed to be +45 tomorrow,though I'm NOT counting on it as 'somebosy' will find some gas for that dang machine....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:25am
First time I seen the sun in a week
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 8:41am
We average - no joke, regardless what the "official stats" claim, they're for points west of here - about 292 ROTTEN days per year. Might as well be in England, or the Pacific Northwest. Something's always falling out of the sky whether rain or snow or sleet or hail or freezing rain. "Zero percent chance of precipitation" translates to "Oh look, it's (fill-in-the-blank for the precipitation) still/again."
Sorry for the negative rant. Just get sick of the gloom.
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:08am
Supposed to be 40 today. I wanted to get the bees fed today, but got drug to the flea market, had to work. Hope some of the good weather Carrys over till monday.
TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 10:40am
Hit 68 here at the farm yesterday and they are calling for near 80 today.
Headed down to 40-ish daytime on Weds., winters cycle pretty wild for usand won't be long we will be complaining about the heat/lack of summer rains . . . . .

Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 1:21pm
Tyler, wish I did have a sunshine machine. I would point it up your way for a while and also let it pull that sunshine out of a place called Blair, Neb. It was real nice here when I got out of church and supposed to have a couple of nice days. Supposed to be raining later this week when I will have a chance to go to the farm.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 6:22pm
Thanks to the nice weather we got another waterline in for the chicken houses. 2 down 2 to go. Won't be long we'll be back in the chicken business
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2020 at 7:19pm
30's tomorrow, then low 20's there on.

[TUBE]yJ9ecANz1u0[/TUBE]
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 6:14am
Well....I guess the machine broke a belt. Rain rain rain for the next couple of days
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:18am
We hit 60 2 days in a row the second day the 60 was at night and 32 by evening this morning it was 27 calling for freezing rain and snow tonight and back up to 40s by weekend
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 12:16pm
Somebody must of broke the wall stopping the wind from his Candian friends with all the "pretty" he has been making.

Wink Dang old north wind a blowing  for 3 days. Yesterday started at 21 here in sunny California.Angry Somebody needs to stop this cold. I put up with the "Fruits and Nuts" to not be froze all winter.AngryAngryAngry Yesterday at 4 pm still ice in a plastic tub in the shade.Angry 
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 9:20pm
Raining again. We usually average 2 to 2 1/2 inches for January. This year we had 8.07 inches in January.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2020 at 10:23pm
TimCNY, don't want to make you feel too bad but we only get 320 sunny days a year...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
TimCNY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimCNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2020 at 8:55am
lol, John, I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW!!! "Go WEST, young man, GO WEST!" Well I figure if my grandparents and parents decided not to follow that advice, I SHOULD HAVE! I am NOT built for wet and gloomy all-the-time weather. Trying to get 3 CONSECUTIVE days without precipitation in ANY season is a rarity, but when it's in haying season - wow does it seem to hurt the worst.
One of my cousins lives in Littleton. Still have to take her up on her offer to put us up for an extended visit. A sister and her family in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, and a brother and his family in Carrollton, Texas - same offers. But I think we're either frozen in place, or it's so wet we sprouted down deep roots, or - maybe both, or neither lol...
I need more than 200 characters for my "signature." I'd love to see that changed to 250!
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 8:14am
Well..... Now it's snowing! Joe? Hubert? You guys getting to "enjoy" any of this? Supposed to be sunny and 60 tomorrow
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:55am
Got about 3 1/2 inches and still snowing!
Thanks Shameless!!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:32am
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 11:52am
Just quit here. We're in the 3 to 4 range too
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 3:42pm
Tyler and Joe, sorry about that but Ole Shameless was trying to get me and just about completely missed again (poke, poke!). That machine was straining and groaning but just couldn't do the job. He always misses me and hits you two. I got less than an inch, just enough to make a slushy mess and get most of the mentally challenged people to go to Wally World. We need a good wind to dry the roads before nightfall. though in case the temperature drops well below freezing. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 10:06pm
yep...it's Huberts fault!! ain't it "pretty" guys?? (poke,poke)
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2020 at 9:30am
Well that machine musta lost its bearing and spun around some cause we'll have 5-6 inches by Noon. Unhappy
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 12:17pm
The weather people in Cleveland are saying how much they are down in snow fall,like 24", I guess the rain don't cause we had 3" of rain in January and at 13" of snow per inch of rain thats 39" of snow.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 1:21pm
Now we have rain turning to freezing rain then to snow tonight and tomorrow some could get 5" hope that up in Cleveland to make weather people happy
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 1:43pm
Still raining here. Almost daily. Supposed to be clear Friday and Saturday then rain for the next several days again.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:52pm
We're supposed to have a high of 18 Friday then back to the mid to upper 30s Saturday & Sunday
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:06pm
Cloudy and 72 here . Been tooling around a little in my D 15 .
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:30pm
28* now, dropping to -11, then a high of 3-4 tomorrow, then drops to -12, then starts creeping back to 20's and 30's. The feels like wind chill??? Staying inside. Just got back from getting the Jig-a-Watt Jolt so I'm glad I got that out of the way before this 2-3 day freeze. That ACinSC sounds like the life for me.

Edited by chaskaduo - 12 Feb 2020 at 3:34pm
ACinSC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:10pm
C'mon down Elliott . I've got the a/c on now .
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2020 at 11:36am
Originally posted by ACinSC ACinSC wrote:

C'mon down Elliott . I've got the a/c on now .
We don't need it,,,it's colder here than your air can get.  LOL  We're used to it, but we still hate it.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic