This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Some More Progress On the One-Sixty

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some More Progress On the One-Sixty
    Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:05pm
Progress has slowed down some due to work and a couple of other projects but it's getting there.  I went with a modern terminal block to allow for the extra wiring for the lights.  It keeps the wiring neat and it's not a change that will draw much attention unless the hood is up.

An optimist sees the glass as half full. The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The engineer sees a glass with double the required capacity.
Sponsored Links

chuck View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 9:44pm
Looking good and nice wiring can't have enough lights, can't wait to see pics when its finished.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:04am
that is sweet! what kinda seat is that?
marion View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote marion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 5:10am
thats a nice step,

how do you people keep shops that clean and organized

where are all the puddles under tractor
Flyer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:38am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

that is sweet! what kinda seat is that?

That's actually the factory seat frame.  I still have to bolt on the seat pan on it.
An optimist sees the glass as half full. The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The engineer sees a glass with double the required capacity.
Flyer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:41am
Originally posted by marion marion wrote:

thats a nice step,

how do you people keep shops that clean and organized

where are all the puddles under tractor

Pictures can be deceiving.  There's a fair amount of clutter in the shop.  It's just not in view of the camera. Smile
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 12:13pm
Good work! Looks like you are on the home stretch!

AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 9:53am
New rubber all around. Flashy Orange against some Black & Creme colors! Congrats on an awesome One-Sixty project. Thanks for sharing photos.
I've never been around one. I understand they're Perkins powered Renault tractors with AC One-Seventy sheet metal.
I see the hinges on frame in front of battery. So does the hood-grill hinge forward?
Here's your April link at start of project. God Blessed you with much talent. You've accomplished a lot!
https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/my-uncles-onesixty-restoration-update-042318_topic145035.html

Edited by AC7060IL - 28 Sep 2018 at 10:11am
Randy_Larson View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Randy_Larson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 4:38pm
Nice looking job. Did you have to replace your fuel gauge sender? If so, where did you get the appropriate unit?

Keep the pictures coming!
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 5:01pm
Very nice job Flyer! My next door neighbor had a 160. I used it a couple of times with scrape blade and bush hog. Plenty of power and great on fuel. Fairly comfortable. Was sold new right here in Elberton from Savannah valley gas co. They were the local AC dealer.

Like the compressor control panel. That looks like a Kloeckner Moeller controller. I still have one of those lying in the top of the toolbox if I ever run into a project for it. Most of the stuff I deal with at work is Allen Bradley, with limited experience, mostly bad, with Siemens. Lets just say a Siemens servo drive setup wasn't optimal for an overhead crane system. Especially when they tried to use encoders when the drive wheels were steel and running on steel rails.
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 5:53pm
What primer/paint did you use?
The 160 hood does flip up on those hinges.
Flyer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:51pm
Thanks all for the words of encouragement.

My friend with the shop is responsible for the nice paint job.  We're using PPG Urethane paint.  We've been debating about doing the hood and fenders in base/clear but are leaning toward a single stage paint right now.

Originally posted by DREAM DREAM wrote:

Like the compressor control panel. That looks like a Kloeckner Moeller controller. I still have one of those lying in the top of the toolbox if I ever run into a project for it. Most of the stuff I deal with at work is Allen Bradley, with limited experience, mostly bad, with Siemens. Lets just say a Siemens servo drive setup wasn't optimal for an overhead crane system. Especially when they tried to use encoders when the drive wheels were steel and running on steel rails.

Klockner Moeller is the actual manufacturer of that relay.  Allen Bradley markets it as their Pico line and Eaton sells it as and EASY series relay.  Pretty powerful little gadget for the price.
Flyer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Randy_Larson Randy_Larson wrote:

Nice looking job. Did you have to replace your fuel gauge sender? If so, where did you get the appropriate unit?

Keep the pictures coming!

I had the sending unit rebuilt by a place that restores automotive instruments.  It wasn't cheap but it's one of the many parts on this tractor that are made out of unobtainium.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 11:29pm
So, the fuses for that were the euro style like a Volkswagen.Did you convert, or are you keeping them? I believe they were under the hood under the dash. Maybe I would upgrade that to a block of mini fuses available at any local auto parts store. Yes, I know the euro fuses are still available as well. The new mini block just looks nice....
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 11:38pm
I took a closer look.  see you have relays, as well as a nice jumper set for common power on the terminal strip. Very nice work with the wiring! Good showcase of your talents. Some do good mechanical work, others are good with tin, still others excel at paint. A few of us care about the wires. Most of us just want it to do what it did when it was new. You are taking it to the next level.
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 6:21am
Very nice !!  The one sixty has to be right at the top of the list for bring easy on fuel. I had the same Perkins in a massey 230 and wish I had not sold it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic