This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snowblowers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snowblowers
    Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:47am
I've kinda been looking around for a snowblower for the d15. Most are oughta my price range. I have seen several though that were affordable but.. Ive got questions... Do any of you folks have the type of snow blowere that has ascoop instead of an auger? I wonder how they work? A guy has one he says is just like brand new but where he lives in NJ they dont get enough snow to be worth mounting on a tractor. Says it works great.. but then hes selling not buying,. lol Anyway Id appreceiate advise on this topic. Thanks Brian S
God made man.Sam colt made man equal.
Sponsored Links

Jeff Z. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 11:55am
Forget the blower. They "Blow" LOL

Get Walter to do the plowing.

Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:09pm
do you do driveways?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:36pm
One pass and that's that. Then drive it around town and show up all the town's plows.
Hey it's also orange.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:37pm
And if I'm right, hand built in NY.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff  Z.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:45pm
I delivered frieght to them once in Guilderland Center,NY.
5 or 6 guys working there.
They were starting to build a airport fire truck.
It starts out 2 I-Beams on metal saw horses.

http://transport.kellysearch.com/profile/walter+truck/us/ny/guilderland+center/12085/300043099
GregLawlerMinn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregLawlerMinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:47pm
Brian
I have seen snowblowers that have a scoop and are pulled behind the tractor. They seem to be best suited for long driveways and open areas. I'm not a fan of them however as one has to drive the tractor over the snow to be removed and you can't get to a drift or pile that is best removed by backing an auger powered snowblower into it.
What this country needs is more unemployed politicians-and lawyers.
Currently have: 1 D14 and a D15S2.
With new owners: 2Bs,9CAs,1WD,2 D12s,5D14s,3D15S2s, 2D17SIVs,D17D,1D19D;1 Unstyled WC
FredW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 12:54pm

If the snow gets to deep and hard you cant push them, a two stage would be better. That would be with a auger and a blower. My opinion only, but from experience. The snow we get in Ohio is never your perfect snow.Fred
Bob-Maine View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob-Maine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 1:28pm
As a kid growing up in Delaware County, NY, I remember that every town highway dept. had a Walter Snowfighter or an Oskosh. Some had both. I also remember the Town of Harpersfield had a problem with the "spider gear" in the Walter tranny or differential, and they towed it to the local AC dealer, who had a shop big enough to bring it inside to repair.Isn't it scary that I can remember inconsequential stuff from 50+ years ago buy can't remember what I just came into this room to get?
Bob@allisdowneast
Brian S(NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian S(NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 1:38pm
Thanks for the input.
Last year was A NITE MARE we had four feet of hard pack $hit from one storm and it took me two days of shoveling to get the 15 unstuck.It still has a trip bucket and a snow blower would have come in handy. Brian S
JohnThomas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 1:40pm
I'm in agreement with Fred W. I had a 7 foot 3 stage....auger's plus fan..,.and plowed for 13 years 10 driveways and 2 parking lots. Blower was on a Case diesel.....never had a problem. Could throw snow up to 65 feet. My bro had a vee scoop ....w/blower only... type but was quite limited as to what he could do. Driving over the snow first just doesn't cut the path you want cleared.
If I had to do it over again I'd have a front mount blower on a WF tractor with weight on rear. Saves a lot of neck twisting! A cab is a nice thing to have too!
Life is short...Make haste to be kind
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 1:41pm
Here's my dream blower!

FredW View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 1:58pm
Mine too. but I would settle for a lot less.
Pizzaguy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:09pm

I just have a single auger blower and we had over 60'' of snow last year. Never used the loader once!

Edited by Pizzaguy - 04 Dec 2010 at 5:10pm
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:27pm

Pizzaguy View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pizzaguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:41pm
Claus---I'll trade ya and even give you $100.00 to boot!
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:43pm
Not mine, just a cool machine.
chevytaHOE5674 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chevytaHOE5674 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Pizzaguy Pizzaguy wrote:

I just have a single auger blower and we had over 60'' of snow last year. Never used the loader once!

I'm exactly the opposite we had over 200" of snow last winter and i never once used the blower. Always just plowed with the pickup, bulldozer, or front plow on the tractor.

darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 5:55pm

For your D 15, the best would be one with 1 auger and a blower, a 2 augered one would be a bit much, and the no augered ones are not that good, that's why they are cheaper. You want be sorry to spend a little extra for a good one, my 2 cents worth, Darrel

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 6:17pm
I have an Erskine V type single stage blower. It works pretty good.  I cleaned up the church parking lot today with it, I did get stuck once Reblowing where the guys with a walkbehind blew all the snow last week it was 2 feet and hard. Its not something to use in a confined area. you must be moving for the snow to get it the blower. I use on my driveway all the time blows snow out into the trees. I think I payed $150 when I bought it several years ago. A two stage is better but alot costlier.

Edited by Dakota Dave - 04 Dec 2010 at 6:21pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnThomas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 7:55pm
Man O Man! I LOVE that International! Think I'll even trade my WD in for one like that!
Now  that'sa  BLOWER!
Eldon (WA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eldon (WA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:15pm
I still like the front mount on my wife's great uncle's 170G....maybe someday I will be able to get it. As for a 3pt, I bought one a couple of years ago, 2 stage, single auger....I was disappointed in the way it worked in wet snow. It just wanted to act like a big blue blade...

ALLIS EXPRESS!
This year:
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:32pm
This is my 5015 FWA with a model 64 2 stage....
Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2010 at 8:35pm
....One more. The little bugger moves the snow!
bigallis1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigallis1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Bob-Maine Bob-Maine wrote:

As a kid growing up in Delaware County, NY, I remember that every town highway dept. had a Walter Snowfighter or an Oskosh. Some had both. I also remember the Town of Harpersfield had a problem with the "spider gear" in the Walter tranny or differential, and they towed it to the local AC dealer, who had a shop big enough to bring it inside to repair.Isn't it scary that I can remember inconsequential stuff from 50+ years ago buy can't remember what I just came into this room to get?
Bob@allisdowneast

Don't feel bad Bob. I have the same problem..........
Dave A View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 7:27am
watch the surplaus autions. some time they sell the airport cleani ng equipent. Looking for a old V plow for mine.
Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game.
Winston Churchill
dannyraddatz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dannyraddatz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 7:39am

This was my Oshkosh plow truck #14 I ran at the airport to clear runways; it has a 20 foot Wausau plow and wings out to 50" for runway deicing.

This is one of the Oshkosh brooms used to clear runways in the snow.

and when I get home,

Edited by dannyraddatz - 05 Dec 2010 at 7:14pm
Danny Raddatz
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 8:25am
I had a Hanson 6 1/2' 2 stage blower I used on my IH 450 but the depth of the unit was such it acted more like a plow , the auger was not continuous but like paddles slanted to move the snow to blower. On fresh snow it worked good but once it crusted any it took forever to use.  On drive i use to get 3 to 4 ft drifts but i could only take about 2' of the snow at a time going through them after making first pass to break up with loader.
 Now using the 8 1/2 ' plow on pickup is warm, dry, and going forward sure is easier.
Other thing the hills that created the drifts got leveled, hauled , sold, as fill to justify having the HD5G. Had to tell the wife some reason I bought it .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 9:28am
Here is mine,  not too big, but adequate for what we get.  It is nice going forward and the cab gets nice and warm!  And, it's orange!!!

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
powertech84 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powertech84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2010 at 9:36am
Just how deep does the snow get in hebron? Not only one, but two of those rigs!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic