This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snow
    Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 9:35am
Thanks a lot Shameless, 12.5" and still snowing

Sponsored Links

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 1:47pm
We got about a foot here outside of Springfield IL.

Just got in from my second session of moving it around with the 1026 JD.  Man that stuff is heavy.

Almost like white out conditions now.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 2:23pm
Up to 15" here and supposed to get more.    Leon

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 3:40pm
isn't it PRETTY? thanks for your pics...lets me know how the machine is working!
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:21pm
Pretty Pretty Pretty Dale, but we only want 3-4 inches at a crack when you get around to us. Smile
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 4:52pm
bout 9" or so here. ---drizzle right now. wind getting up, no snowplows ever went by, road drifting. we not planning to go anywhere, cancelled my doctor appt. no way to get out! thanks; ac fleet
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 5:33pm
Old gal decided she had to go to some darn home show in Des Moines today. Got about a mile from home and the deep snow got in around the serp belt, tossed it off. It took me about 3 hours total, of scraping snow, pulled the Right front tire, fumbling around with the dam belt, etc etc just to get the dam thing back on. Then got in the plow truck, was stuck more that moving so I parked it and got on the skid loader, of course no enclosed cab. Another 3 hours and still have a heck of a mess. No drifting but still over 2' deep in spots. Most of it was around a foot deep, cold very wet crap. Dam I hate snow. Wood stove is putting out good heat, and got a show about Johnny Cash on PBS. Hoping you all are having better luck than I am.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:10pm
Dang Tom, keep your feet up tonight, tomorrow's another day.  Pretty calm around here.  The big dog just loves the stuff, both of them.
Maximum use of available resources!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 7:34pm
Tom...what was you driving? whew! what color bull balls do you need to say no? i'll look and see what's still available!
ocharry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 8:02pm
Yep got 15+ here....got that shi....uh pretty piled up everywhere...very wet and heavy shi...stuff

Pushed it and piled it 2 different times today....get all wet come in and dry off get new clothes on and go at it again....finally just backed ol Alice in the barn and closed the door.....

And its still coming strong....maybe tomoro I can get on top of this

This un here should be making ya proud shameless

Maybe that dang sheeen will blow a hose or bust a bearing or run out a gas

I give shameless......UNCLE....UNCLE.....lol

Ocharry
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 12:55am
BOY Buddy, you're sure takin care of yer close neighbors.......WAY to GO!!  That IS pretty!!
JW, where'd you get that decal in your back window?  What size is it?  NEAT!!  Them puppies look like they're LOVIN it!!

Tom, Tom, Tom,,,,,,,,,,,,,that's what you get for living so close to DA MAN....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 11:49am
Dale you got it wound up and went into overdrive with that machine last night, didn’t you😼. It started about dark yesterday and we got about 4” by morning out here in the east. I think down in StupidCity they were to have gotten a foot or more. Although it’s good to see that your machine is running out of gas from working it so hard😸.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
SteveMaskey(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveMaskey(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:28pm
Give the AC blower a good workout   anybody know how to flip these?

Edited by SteveMaskey(MO) - 13 Jan 2019 at 5:32pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 5:36pm
Bout 6-8" down here, below brawltimore.  Hadda hook up the k'boter to a rear blade, in da middle of the storm, way the blade was sittin, hadda hook it up back'ards, then back down and up 1000 feeta driveway.  At first couldn't unnerstan why it was spinnin so much, till i figgered out that I had knocked it outta 4wd, cause the lever is so close to da lift lever.  Took about 45 cold minnits to do the driveway, after the blade hookup. Sure wished I had the D-10 hooked up to the v blade...Wink
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 6:14pm
Ted, I had that decal made, it just touches the top and bottom defroster line which is 19" corner to corner, and it's see thru.  At first I thought I should have put it behind the drivers seat but it does take the shine off these new brighter than the sun headlights plus, I use it to line up to my gooseneck trailer.
As for the dogs, the wife's little white one doesn't really like the snow that much, it sticks to her hair and she comes in twice her weight.  The Newfie on the other hand, is a year old, the snow just falls off him, he runs around sticking his face in the snow up to his ears all the time.
Maximum use of available resources!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:14pm
JW, you only had ONE MADE?!?!?!   Pffffttt...
"Allis-Express"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 8:17pm
Steve, at first I thought that you made that blower work SO hard that it went belly up....
As per Shameless, that truck went belly up too...LOL
Turn the camera upside down when you take the next pics....WinkBig smile

Got the pokin stick working overtime this week!! Big smile

Edited by Ted J - 15 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm
"Allis-Express"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic