This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

snap coupler to pin hitch?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snap coupler to pin hitch?
    Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:51pm
i have an allis chalmers CA (i want to say 1954 or 1953) model
it has a pin hitch.

there is someone selling "snap coupler" post hole digger near me. 

i was wanting to know is there a conversion kit i can buy some place?
to go from pin hitch to snap coupler on tractor? or...
snap coupler to pin hitch on the post hole digger?

i already have 2 bottom plow and disc for it, plus 60" belly mower.  and draw bar. all work awesome. still need to buy a PTO shaft for a pull behind 5 foot bush hog that i have recently obtained.

i can cut and drill holes, but i am no welder.

i have searched the internet, but i have not seen any sort of images of the "bell" for snap coupler under a tractor,  only the tongues on different implements.  so even being able to DIY something up, is so far out of the question.
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 9:59pm
Tractor salvage should have the bell.  MACK
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:00pm
I do not believe the post hole digger attatches to SC bell,I could be wrong.Someone just restored a beautiful C or CA and posted pics of post hole digger attatched.

mnoonan NEWI posted some pics of his post hole digger and it does not connect to SC bell Search "post hole digger" and scroll down.Beautiful resto. May not be A/C model digger,do not know if there is a SC post hole digger out there.

Edited by Pat the Plumber CIL - 12 Oct 2011 at 10:05pm
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
sjerden View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjerden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 10:43pm
I don't see a post auger with a snap coupler either. but If it does connect that way then why not just unbolt the coupler on the auger and put a pin hitch on it?

Edited by sjerden - 12 Oct 2011 at 10:45pm
Orange Tractors View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Tractors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:10pm
I don't know about a CA, but my grandpa had a homemade posthole digger for his WD. It utilized a rearend from a car, (Plymouth I think) and two pieces of andle iron the mounted on the lift arms with 5/8" bolts instead of using the lift latches.

The ugly old thing works well, untill you try to lift it out of a hole after it has screwed the auger under a substantial root, then you break the angle iron and have to weld new patches on.

Robert
1953CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1953CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:12pm
I have a post hole digger that is snap coupler, and one that mounts on a D series.
1945 AllisCletrac / 1948 "B" / 1953 "CA" / 1955 "WD-45" / 1963 "D-15 Series II"           

"No Air Support without Ground Support"
boggen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:25pm
awesome!

thanks for the quick replies! i truely though i was in trouble and extra work ahead of me. i have not seen the post hold digger near me yet.

mnoonan post
http://www.allischalmers.com/new/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=37694&KW=post+hole+digger&title=ca-post-hole-digger-pictures

and link to mnoonan pictures
https://picasaweb.google.com/mnoonan42/CAPostHoleDigger?authkey=Gv1sRgCNbcvbGCwIyNjAE

1953CA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1953CA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2011 at 11:33pm
Even if it was snap coupler, all you would have to do is weld an appropiated sized pipe to the loop of the drawbar for the pin hitch...
1945 AllisCletrac / 1948 "B" / 1953 "CA" / 1955 "WD-45" / 1963 "D-15 Series II"           

"No Air Support without Ground Support"
Ray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 6:37am

I have a snap coupler bell for a CA for sale. 785-353-2392

boggen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 12:48pm
just bought post hole digger and sickle mower
both from understanding hooked up to the guys Allis Chalmers WD tractor that had snap coupler setup. without any extra hardware.
*rubbing head* i thought i had correct under belly connections for the sickle mower. but after dragging it home. and looking and measuring,  I am not sure what i need.

uploads/5982/S1220010.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220009.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220008.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220006.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220005.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220004.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220003.JPG

uploads/5982/S1220001.JPG

looking on google for "allis chalmers sickle" i came across this picture, but the picture does not show the actual connections underneath of tractor. (nor the large spring that looks like it connects to the under bellow of tractor.)
reference link for below image http://www.chatstractors.com/061276_Allis_SC_sickle_mower.htm
http://www.chatstractors.com/2006_implements/061276_allis_snap_coupler_sickle_mower_back.jpg

when looking at....
http://www.agcopartsbooks.com
(view guest)
typed in "sickle" then selected "allis"

the frame mounts / attachments look like....
80R / 80R3 / 80S / 80T / 82R / 82S / 82T SICKLE BAR MOWER 
but unsure of model i have, to even get better reference numbers / parts.

agco also had this list of pictures / parts numbers.
3 / 5 / 7 / B / C / B-IND / WC SICKLE BAR MOWER
and
82SI SICKLE BAR MOWER

Edited by boggen - 18 Oct 2011 at 12:56pm
boggen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 1:14pm
*rubs chin* next problem is "post hole digger" that was bought at same time.

it looks like it only connects to the lift arms directly.  though my CA vs his WD has differently lift arms (shape).  wondering if anyone has any better suggestions, than drilling a extra hole in each side of the PHD for the lift arms for C. and go at it?

a slight tap, with hammer and the arms of the PHD just slide over the outside of the my CA lift arms. ((at moment belly mower is attached))

not the guys tractor, but showing rear end of a WD. and from way it looks end of frame just slips right over the arms on the WD. with no other attachments / connections.
reference link for below picture http://www.chatstractors.com/1335_Allis_Chalmers_WD45_diesel_tractor.htm
http://www.chatstractors.com/2007_Allis_Chalmers/1335_allis_chalmers_WD45_rear.jpg

Edited by boggen - 18 Oct 2011 at 3:21pm
AC WD45 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 6:57pm
One trick my old boss had for his WD was he "made" a snap coupler, he took a "pintle" hitch and welded it to a bracket he made up. Pin it in place, and drop the eye into the pintle.
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 7:15pm
On the mowers an R is a rear mount, an S is a side mount and a T is a trailer type with wheels. Yours looks like the R. I don't know enough about mowers to help any more than that.
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2011 at 9:04pm
The mount bracket is on your mower. Remove drawbar assy, pull wedge pins out of mower(they have the chains on them) and remove from mower. Put the hitch from mower to tractor where you removed drawbar bail. It slides over thebolts in front and pins in rear holes. The spring hooks to a bracket in right finfer bolts.
  The post digger slides over the two lift arms.   MACK
boggen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boggen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2011 at 11:34am
thanks everyone!

looking at....
www.agcopartbooks.com
clicked on guest
typed in "CA" then selected "agco allis"
selected CA tractor
or
typed in "sickle" then selected "agco allis"
selected 80R sickle mower

first picture is what i have on the CA

second and third picture is what i am looking to buy
other words, snap coupler brackets.
i do not believe i need the actual bell or guide, ( i do not have anything that requires it )
if i had the left and right bracket. i do believe i will have what i need for the "allis chalmers 80R sickle mower" i assume i can find the pins and bolts / washers at run of mill store. but if someone already has them. might as well get them.

3rd picture, is from the agco 80R sickle mower manual
i do not have the 2 brackets, i have everything else. for the sickle mower just not these 2 items specific for the CA.  

p.s. sorry for large pictures and multi edits of post. trying to narrow things down. and it kinda hard to in a small little edit window, till after i see things.

Edited by boggen - 19 Oct 2011 at 12:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic