This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap Coupler Spring Tooth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap Coupler Spring Tooth
    Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 11:21am
Several years ago I passed up on a snap coupler spring tooth and ever since regreted it, especially after finding out the guy that bought it cut off the snap coupler and made it three point.  Have been looking for one ever since.  I believe it was 8' wide and is different from what I have seen referred to as the spring tooth field cultivators.  Does anyone have a picture of one?  Does anyone have one they would be willing to part with?  You can email me with any pictures or questions.  Thanks, Dave
Sponsored Links

Carl(NWWI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 3:56pm
Is this what you are talking about? Mine is a 10ft, been converted to 3-point, hope someone on here has one with snap coupler on it, i would like to see pictures so i could convert mine back over to snap coupler, not sure what the set up is suppose to look like though..

Brad MI View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 4:33pm
I've also got a 10 or 12 footer like that, it's also been converted to 3pt. Picked it up a couple years ago at auction for 40 bucks. Anyone know the model or pics of SC frame?
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 6:35pm
Brad, Carl, no that is not what I am looking at/for.  That is more of what I would consider a field cultivator.  Here is a picture of my snap coupler field cultivator.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 6:46pm

How is mine not what you are talking about? Its looks the same, just has wheels on it, probably because it was converted. Sure looks the same to me. Mine is also probably a different year to, the spring is a little different, thats it.

Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 6:51pm
Carl, no sorry, what I meant is that I'm not looking for the field cultivator type I already have.  What I am looking for is just the regular spring tooth type, like the drag spring tooths you see, only with snap coupler hook up.  Sorry for the confusion.  Dave
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl(NWWI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 7:03pm

Ohh, gotcha, yeah, I've never seen one of them. Sounds interesting though, good luck!

Carl
Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 7:30pm
I got one like Dave is talking about but it is still snowed in or I could get a pic. I know there is a picture of one in Norms book.
Steve(SEMN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve(SEMN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 8:24pm
Dave, what are you using for depth control, i have one like your picture. I have old spoke type depth wheels
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 8:54pm
Steve, as for dept control, I just let it go as deep as it will.  The '45 pulls it.  Smokes a little sometimes, but never seems to be a problem going too deep I guess.

Nathan, if you get a picture sometime, I'd like to see it.  If you want to part with it, let me know.  Thanks, Dave
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 9:02pm
Mine is similar to yours Dave, but a lot more weathered.  Mine attaches directly to the toolbar like the track eliminators for mounted cultivators with a SC pull bar below.  Also no depth wheels either.  I don't have the reinforcing bars like yours has which probably explains why I bought mine at an auction for 10 bucks broke in half. 
It does make the ol' 45 bark when you sink that thing into soft soil, I call it my SC chisel plow!

Edited by Roddo - 27 Mar 2011 at 9:04pm
Dave (Mid-MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (Mid-MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 9:26pm
Dave, I don't have a spring tooth harrow like you want, but I have the Operators Manual and Parts List for them. It covers spring tooth, spike tooth, and coil tine harrows. The manual looks to be from the mid 60's, and includes pull type, snap coupler, and three point hitches. The SC spring tooth harrows were available in 8, 10, 12, and 16 ft. sizes. dave
Dave (NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave (NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2011 at 9:53pm
Dave, do you want to sell the manual?  If not, could you scan some pictures int?  I'd sure like to see it.  Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic