This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler snowblower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littlemarv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler snowblower
    Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:31pm
Was daydreaming a little this last weekend. Is there such a thing? Never heard of one.....I am sure I could make brackets to mount one, but I have never used a tractor mounted one so I don't know if it would even work? How much HP does it take to run a 6 footer? 8 footer?

I just hate to see the old WD sitting around hibernating when I could be working with it...
The mechanic always wins.

B91131, WC23065, WD89101, CA29479, B1, Early B10, HB212, 416H
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 4:45pm
ANY 'behindyour butt' snowblower ,is, well , a PAIN in the butt ! Yes they work well BUTT you're always going backwards, body turned in ways it was NOT designed to do....I've even given up using the Oxnard rear blade to push snow,It's a LOT easier to sit on my butt on a garden tractor setup with front mounted snowblower. I have one unit permanently setup as the 'snowblowing' machine.
However, if you do want a 'project' and can get a 6' blower,figure out how to 'reverse' the steering and levers and pedals so that going backaward is forward( aka forklift mode). Even if you just mount the blower on 'regular', be sure to swap the rear tires, you'll get more traction(member going backwards is going forward...).
Obviously some kind of cab is ,well, needed, unless you like cold snow going where it don't belong !
I have seen 'used/abused/needswork' 6' blowers up here for 350-450 Canucks but I can't justify one.
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 5:08pm
I have a single stage snap coupler blower. Makes a good rear weight!!!!!!!!!!! Give you a great deal on it.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Allis dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allis dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 5:21pm
Norm's book has a picture of one. I believe it was part silage blower. It never went into production. 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

Norm's book has a picture of one. I believe it was part silage blower. It never went into production. 

Yeah, but if someone finds the prototype, it would be worth a fortune...WinkWink
dawntreader74 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dawntreader74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 7:03pm
put a old wd loader on an a pickup snow blade on wear the bucket was works good' piles it up to' also good for loading things in the summer time. 
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 7:19pm
I believe Arps made one for Allis. It could be fitted with a snap coupler or 3pt. Mine is one that has been converted to snap coupler. I believe I have a manual somewhere.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 8:19pm
I spose you have that up Norte Mike?  I'd like to see that.  Seems to me, I think you had some pics on here a few years ago? 
I agree though, I'd rather have something out in front....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 8:20pm
Anybody got pics of one. I have been thinking about buying or building a single stage pull type blower.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 8:45pm
I don't think a pull type would work very good if you have to ram/jab a drift!
Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2016 at 8:53pm
We have one here that we use, I will have to get pictures of it.
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 6:08am
Do a search for Arps single stage snowblower. I thought about putting a slick finish on the chute and inside like I am going to put on the bottom of my boat. But I do have a truck blade that I mount on the loader.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 8:54am
I have a snap coupler blower don't know who made it in my tree row under several feet of snow. I also have an erskine v type rotary plow pulls behind the WD 45 works great picture of pull blower below. for keeping the road clean blows the snow way out in the trees. If you can drive through it you can blow it. When the drifts get over 3' you can't drive through it any more. Even with wheel wieghts and tire chains. Right now I n
Have a 7 ft IH back up blower on my WD45, the back up blower works great for opening up impassable drifts and blowing back the road edges. All the wieght is on the back tires with chains on just keep backing till you can't move any more lift the blower and drive out. I had a front mount but as soon as you couldn't move foward any more you just got out and get the wife to pull your stuck tractor out.

Edited by Dakota Dave - 21 Dec 2016 at 9:06am
cpg View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 9:18am
uploads/14031/WD_blower_Medium.jpg

To make it easier to find a blower it is not hard to put a basic 3 point on a WD. I just have the arms bolted to my hitch mounts and connect the top link to lift arm bar. Not perfect but works pretty good. Just have to chain the lift arms to the hitch so when the blower is down they are tight so it doesn't flop side to side. I have a 7 foot blower right now which is too much. Lots of time on the hand clutch feeding it into the bank and when you pick it up you pretty much steer with brakes! I am trading my dad for a 6 foot since he has the big farm tractors to run the 7 footer and that is a nice size. We always used the 6 foot on the farm with the old family WD that is there. It is a nice size and nice to have the 3 point for any other implement you come across and want to use!
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 9:30am
Originally posted by Allis dave Allis dave wrote:

Back in th early and mid 1990's I knew a guy that made one out of a silage blower and it fit a Snap Coupler WD if I remember. He said he built it back in the 1950's. I never saw it though and he is long gone.  He used to come into the AC shop I worked in and play a squeeze box sometimes. He was an Allis man and was an independent mechanic, pretty much retired and in his late 70's when I knew him. He built lots of different things. I can't remember if he built it out of an Allis blower or not but he said back then no one around had one or ever seen one like it before. Ray Nelson was his name. He was a nice guy with lots of AC stories.

Edited by Lonn - 21 Dec 2016 at 9:32am
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by Dakota Dave Dakota Dave wrote:

I have a snap coupler blower don't know who made it in my tree row under several feet of snow. I also have an erskine v type rotary plow pulls behind the WD 45 works great picture of pull blower below. for keeping the road clean blows the snow way out in the trees. If you can drive through it you can blow it. When the drifts get over 3' you can't drive through it any more. Even with wheel wieghts and tire chains. Right now I n
Have a 7 ft IH back up blower on my WD45, the back up blower works great for opening up impassable drifts and blowing back the road edges. All the wieght is on the back tires with chains on just keep backing till you can't move any more lift the blower and drive out. I had a front mount but as soon as you couldn't move foward any more you just got out and get the wife to pull your stuck tractor out.

The one in this pic looks a lot like an ARPS. You can reverse the frame and blower, and turn it around 180º to make it a rear facing back up type plow.  These need a good coat of paint,and some veg oil, to keep dry snow from sticking. in wet stuff they are practically useless...WinkWink
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2016 at 7:56pm
Nope its an Erskine Champion rotary plow made in Erskine Mn about 50 miles from here. still has the manufactors tag on it. its a 6' with a right extension wing.  its on a 3 point adapter and not  reversable.  I dont have any better pictures of it and currently have a IH model 70 two stage blower on my other WD 45  this one just has the snow bucket.  Having the bucket and loader on the same tractor is very unhandy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic