This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Snap coupler Discs near new

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Snap coupler Discs near new
    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 9:59pm
Hi folks, hope you guys are doing well during these crazy times. I am looking for some info on these near new snap coupler discs I bought in Kansas at the end of last year. Waiting to get them sent to Australia. Does anyone know if the part highlighted in red belongs with these discs or is it for another AC machine? I don't have any books for this as yet. Any tips on the best manual / parts book to get would also be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 10:46pm
My guess is an alignment device for another sc implement.

On a side note can you post good clear pictures of the decals so I have reference for having some made and placement?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 4:52am
Might the piece indicated be a tongue, for the disc, to attach it to a drawbar of a WD?  I know they made plows that attach to the db on WD's...  I can't see good enough to see whether the single end has a hole to drop a pin in nor whether the single end is hollow...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:37am
Don't see it as an option in my book. Nice disk
WD in Australia View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 7:55am
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

My guess is an alignment device for another sc implement.

On a side note can you post good clear pictures of the decals so I have reference for having some made and placement?

Thanks. Sorry these are the only pictures I have at present. I have zoomed in. Looks like a standard decal and the hyphen positioned next to the bolt on the cross bar on the discs.

WD(NF), WD45(WF), WD45D(WF), XT190D(WF), Model U, Gleaner C, All Crop 60, Rotobaler
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:05am
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Might the piece indicated be a tongue, for the disc, to attach it to a drawbar of a WD?  I know they made plows that attach to the db on WD's...  I can't see good enough to see whether the single end has a hole to drop a pin in nor whether the single end is hollow...Wink

Thanks. I was thinking the same but couldn't tell if there is a slot in the side in the pictures I have.
WD(NF), WD45(WF), WD45D(WF), XT190D(WF), Model U, Gleaner C, All Crop 60, Rotobaler
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 8:16am
Originally posted by dr p dr p wrote:

Don't see it as an option in my book. Nice disk

Thanks Doc. That leaves me scratching my head what it is. 
Yes it looks nice. Can't wait to get it here to Australia and give it a work out on WD45.
Stay safe in NY state.

Edited by WD in Australia - 05 Apr 2020 at 8:17am
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 8:39am
According to Norm Swinford's book (known as the AC Bible) what you have is #20 series disc.  They came in 6', 7' and 8' sizes for the CA and WD.

I can't say what the item is you've circled in red.  While the left side looks like it might be attachable to the disc, I don't see any pin holes or other way to attach the right side to anything.  HTH.
Brian
TramwayGuy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:15am
I thought at first that it might be an add-on hitch to pull a drag harrow behind the disc. But there’s nothing on the other end that I can see.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Brian F(IL) Brian F(IL) wrote:

According to Norm Swinford's book (known as the AC Bible) what you have is #20 series disc.  They came in 6', 7' and 8' sizes for the CA and WD.

I can't say what the item is you've circled in red.  While the left side looks like it might be attachable to the disc, I don't see any pin holes or other way to attach the right side to anything.  HTH.
Brian

Thanks for the info Brian. Whatever it is it ain't been used so I might be able to adapt it to my WD. Looking at the discs it looks as if they went to a large farm and were to small so got put in the back of the shed after being used once.
Cheers, Richard
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:08am
Originally posted by TramwayGuy TramwayGuy wrote:

I thought at first that it might be an add-on hitch to pull a drag harrow behind the disc. But there’s nothing on the other end that I can see.

Like your thinking! Might have to get some orange paint out on a small set of harrows I have!
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 6:40am
Pretty sure it’s to keep a row crop cultivator in line with the tractor. Left end pins to where the draw bar bail attaches and the right fits in a slot on cultivator.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WD in Australia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

Pretty sure it’s to keep a row crop cultivator in line with the tractor. Left end pins to where the draw bar bail attaches and the right fits in a slot on cultivator.
Thanks Robert. Will check it out. I don't have a cultivator so it may be of use for another member here. 
Roger Mn View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roger Mn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2020 at 7:49pm
that is a stabilizer for field cultivtors I think was for D10 D12
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic