This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slip scoop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott in tenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slip scoop
    Posted: 29 Apr 2012 at 9:56pm
Has anyone tried using the AC slip scoop on a CA. Thanks Scott
Sponsored Links

Crowman17 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crowman17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:55am
I have used one on mine both forward and reversed with no problem.

Marc
EdK View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:57am
What is a slip scoop?
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 4:54pm
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by EdK EdK wrote:

What is a slip scoop?

One of the original "slip scoops" . It was pulled by a team of horses and the operator had 2 wooden handles to control whether it was digging, hauling or dumping. Wifes Grandpa said it only took one rock in front of the cutting edge to toss the operator up , over and in front of the teamSmile

http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
JohnCinMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCinMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 8:59pm
This is my grandpa's...

DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2012 at 9:13pm
Charlie, I can vouch for the slip scoop causing acrobatics.
My grandad had one a lot like yours. He put some new handles in it, hauled it down to the head of the little creek that ran through his property, hooked the cable from it to the drawbar on the C, then instructed me to haul the scoop down the creek bank. The cows had stomped mud down into the creek, and there was no water standing for them to drink. So, we proceeded to clean it out with that slip scoop. Not a fun day. Lots of rocks and roots. I fell down....a lot! Ouch Mud and cow crap from one end of me to the other, but I did eventually learn how to let go of the handles without getting tossed over them or hit in the chin by one. Slept good that night. Guess it beat a shovel. Thumbs Up
I didn't do it! It was a short, fat, tall, skinny guy that looked like me!
TREVMAN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TREVMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2012 at 10:05am
My Dad called them "Mankillers", I think he was right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic