This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Slammed Allis "B"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Play Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:10am
That thing is just so cool on so many levels. NICE WORK! Thumbs Up
Sponsored Links

Slammed Allis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 8:36am
Thank you all so much for the positive feedback!! I will continue to post up build pictures.  I have no idea how many hours this took us, but we did start January 2015 and finished October 2015.  All while working a day job, doing the husband and dad thing, and moving into a new house.  Many many late nights, long weekends, and vacations to complete this project for given deadline of October 10th 2015.  Definitely couldn't have done it without the help from Dad and my two brothers.

Edited by Slammed Allis - 27 Jan 2016 at 11:09am
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 9:09am
The things they do with my favorite.  I really wish Pop could see it.  Probably better he does not though he did not like modification.
Great Job!!
Looks Great!!
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:40am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

does it jump up and down at red lights?

LOL I wish! It's low and still slow
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:42am
Originally posted by Unit3 Unit3 wrote:

Sure would love to see it at Hutchinson. That looks good enough that a toy of it should be made.

That would be so cool to have a toy version!
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:44am

If you had it at Vegas, did you stop by the Bonneville Salt Flats and run it through the speed trials. It looks as if it might do a 195 mph.

That would've been a great picture sitting at the salt flats! Defiantly looks fast, but unfortunately it's still as slow as the day it rolled off the assembly line.  
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:46am

I like the turned down pipes. They make me think of the P40 and the P51 Mustangs. I see something new every time I revisit your post. Very Cool.

I did look up pictures of those old Mustangs and 60's front engine dragsters to get some inspiration.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 6:52am
Originally posted by Steve in NJ Steve in NJ wrote:

Eric,
Beautiful job man! Being a hotrodder myself, this has to be the best lowered B yet with such a nice tasteful use of hotrod ingenuity I've seen so far! Love the Headlight stands, and the custom exhaust. But the hairpins man blow me away! Love the use of the hairpin radious rods. True vintage hotrod look right dare!  Thanks for sharin' the pics with the Orange family. Speaking of the Orange family, welcome to the Orange family! Best damn AC site on the planet!  You got a winner there for sure.  Congrats on a super job and a super B!
Steve@B&B

Thank you Steve, 
I really liked the look of other lowered B's, but I wanted mine to stand out from the rest. So we made a ton of suttle changes to make it our own.  Old P40 Mustangs, 60's front engine dragsters, and 30's Ford Hot rods were my inspiration.  
TomMN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomMN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 10:32am
Those special touches you added really set it apart from the other low riders.  It would certainly turn heads anywhere it shows up.  Great job!
tbran View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 1:31pm
I think I have ask before - have not done any research - can any of you gear heads come up with a "road gear" for these B, C ' s?
When told "it's not the money,it's the principle", remember, it's always the money..
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 4:54pm
Not internally. A 2 speed box in front of the transmission would be a nice touch !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
skeeters65 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skeeters65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by tbran tbran wrote:

I think I have ask before - have not done any research - can any of you gear heads come up with a "road gear" for these B, C ' s?

I am trying to figure this out now. I drive my tractor all around town and it NEEDS to be faster. Not sure I want to do a motor swap but that's an easy way to get more RPM's.
Any ideas guys?
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:16pm
Taller tires. Stronger governor spring. Taller tires on an axle without the bull gears. Would have to make sure the differential ring and pinion were turned right for forward travel. Lower ratio in the differential ring and pinion. Lower ratio in the bull gear drive.

Big down hill coasting out of gear.

Going faster the front steering will have to be tighter, good spindle bearings, and tight tie rod ends as well as solid drag links to stabilize the front axle.

Gerald J.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:53pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 8:56pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:03pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:11pm
Tcmtech View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tcmtech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by tbran tbran wrote:

Any reason the bull gear reduction system couldn't be replaced with an internal 1:1 or 2:1 chain drive and the differential flipped to get things moving the right way again so it keeps its stock looking axle layout? 

I'm guessing with 20ish engine HP this thing isn't going to be seeing any major long distance high speed driving that would be a long term wear issue for a hidden chain drive. Especially ones running in a lube bath.

Just asking. 
Ethan Souerdike View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ethan Souerdike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 10:00pm
Sweet ride!
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2016 at 10:18pm
I have a question about the braces from the bell housing to the front axle. On other tractors, the front end bracing pivot point is in line with the front end pivot point. Yours is not. Is yours spring loaded somehow and I am not seeing it. It appears to me yours would bind up when the front axle have to flex up on one side and down on the other. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 6:25am

I have a question about the braces from the bell housing to the front axle. On other tractors, the front end bracing pivot point is in line with the front end pivot point. Yours is not. Is yours spring loaded somehow and I am not seeing it. It appears to me yours would bind up when the front axle have to flex up on one side and down on the other. 

Heim joints are on the ends of the hair pin radius rods to allow the front axle to pivot.
Josh(NE) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh(NE) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 7:07pm
Awesome job! Have you thought about what your next project will be? You are very talented.
Allis Express
'65 190XT, 37 B, '72 170, '83 8030, and the IH 560 was a mistake
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 9:58pm

Edited by Slammed Allis - 28 Jan 2016 at 9:59pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:01pm
This was my build prior to the Allis Chalmers.  My 1952 Ford 8N after a 4 year restoration. (my first tractor and restoration)
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:10pm
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2016 at 10:12pm
My current project a 48' Ford 8N with a Ford 460 big block V8 conversion
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 2:56pm
For anyone that will be in the Milwaukee area February 19th ,20th, and 21st, I'll have the "slammed allis" at Wisconsin State Fair Park for Autorama's World of Wheels show. Stop on by!
pecanman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pecanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2016 at 3:32pm
That is one of the best show tractors I have ever seen. I love it. Where can I get a set of headers like that?
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slammed Allis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 8:18am
Originally posted by pecanman pecanman wrote:

That is one of the best show tractors I have ever seen. I love it. Where can I get a set of headers like that?

Thanks! I actually built those headers myself.  If you look at page 2 I have some pictures building them.
Gerald J. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerald J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2016 at 9:45am
Gonna be pulling with the 8N in reverse? The tires are backwards.

Gerald J.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic