This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Simplicity Legacy XL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Simplicity Legacy XL
    Posted: 09 Feb 2014 at 10:25pm
What is the story with the Simplicity Legacy XL?
Anyone seen one or own one? 2wd or 4wd?
Do they still make them? Where?

Seems to be about equal to John Deere x700 series.
Sponsored Links

Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2014 at 7:28am
It is still in their 'Products' line-up on their website.

Gary

https://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/tractors/legacy-xl

YouTube video of Legacy XL with Loader at work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njuMcocBEIA

Edited by Gary - 10 Feb 2014 at 7:56am
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2014 at 12:03am
Has anyone here purchased a new Simplicity mower or garden tractor recently?
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2014 at 3:20pm
If A/C had not gone belly up, the current production Simplicity XL would most likely
be sold as an Allis-Chalmers top of the line garden tractor.  Yet as near as I can figure "nobody" here would buy a Simplicity? 
rustler View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 12:56am
I have a conquest if u see one run for ya life mine has been the lawn mower for U can guess haha the engine blowed the second mowing season if the grass is damp the discharge clogs up The deck does a great job cutting grass just not enough room to discharge the clipping if it is damp.
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 7:04pm
I have a couple of late 90's Landlords and they are great. They were the forerunner of the Prestige and Conquest models and used the same decks. No mower will handle wet grass very well. I know my 50" deck clogs much less than our Craftsman did. Most people I know who run a conquest or Prestige wouldn't trade them for anything. Unfortunately they are not putting Vanguards on most of them anymore.
10 various B-series garden tractors, AC Homesteader8, 416 hydro,710 gt, 914, 916H, 917H, 920D, and many misc attachments
orange View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2014 at 9:08pm
I have a Legacy XL 60" mower power steering , toe control about 2 years old ,really like it

Terry
talntedmrgreen View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote talntedmrgreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 9:01am
I have an early (pre-XL/25hp Command) Legacy and its AGCO counterpart, and wouldnt trade them cor anything. Foot control for hydraulic implement lift & hydrostat tranny, aux hydraulics, 3pt with 540pto and doesnt take up much more room than a typical garden tractor. All shaft driven attachments, heavy gauge full length frame rail design and super easy maintenance. Optional diesel and for the XL's a 4x4 option as well.

I have a quick-tach loader on the Legacy, mow with a turbo vac on the AGCO and have 60" hydro angle Sweepster and dozer, as well as a 47" 2 stage blower, hard glass cab, 5' rake, 4' Mott flail and 50" tiller. They are do-all machines that any homeowner can operate and maintain.

Perfect for quickly cutting the lawn then moving yards and yards of landscape stone after work. Fits on most any landscape or utility trailer too.

All that being said, I think after 14 or 15 years, Simplicity is going to cut the model in favor of something more robust to compete with Kubota (probably partnering with Yanmar, since they were fired by Cub).
Patterson B1*B1/B1Forklift*B10*BigTen/B1Loader*B110*B208*B206*616*Homelite T16H/T8/T7/RM7E*Landlord/Loader/Trencher*Broadmoor717*Serf525*2110*7790*Legacy XL*Twin 20*Squire9*Squire6*JCPenny 494
steelwheelAcjim View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelwheelAcjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 2:32pm
I have a 2011 XL with the Kawasaki Liquid cooled engine. Love it! I ponied-up for the 3pt. and 4WD. It handles and steers easier than an old Legacy. The only thing bad I can say is with the liquid cooled engine, you have to clean the radiator screen often.
I have a friend who has one with the diesel engine, he likes his also.
Pre-WW2 A-C tractors on steel wheels...because I'm too cheap to buy tires!
BrianC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2014 at 3:58pm
Hey after a half year this thread comes alive.
I had read that Briggs and Stratton purchased Simplicity, and had shut down the
Port Washington plant. Did that happen, if yes where are they made today.
Anyone know how smoothly the move went?
It would appear that Massey and AGCO no longer market their version of the Legacy.
I like the flail mower concept, do you use it for finish mowing? How are flail mowers in wet grass.

Is the legacy big enough to run a 60" 3t mounted grooming (finish) mower?
How is the noise level of the liquid cooled Kawasaki vs. the diesel.
Any comments on the Legacy compared to the John Deere x700 series?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic