This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SIDE EXTENSIONS ON HD16DC BLADE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SIDE EXTENSIONS ON HD16DC BLADE
    Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 8:29am
Hello everone. These pics are of my HD 16 blade side extensions. My tractor came with them. I contacted the second owner of my dozer and he said he had them put on for sand and gravel pushing and the plans for them came from a AC dealer and said they were a AC design. At least that is what he said. They are very well put on and heavy duty. I am cutting them off sometime down the road but here they are for now.

Morton these are for you good buddy!

Sponsored Links

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:27am
Jerry, That would be called "a poor mans semi u blade"...maybe you shouldn't cut them off yet...maybe you might have a bunch of dirt or gravel to push?...just sayin...I did remove some off  the HD11B that we restored last year.
 photo 011_zps3g5kaoh9.jpg
Don't think you will find those in the AC parts book though. I did get out my official AC tool# 7006BT   (BIG TORCH)...it worked as designed
 photo hd11 restoration 031_zpst7s8i3ja.jpg
We removed them for the restoration of the HD11..
 photo hd11 restoration 030_zpso4t6vjfz.jpg
if you didn't see that post..check it out
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/hd11b-restoration-paint-body-shop-is-open_topic134757_page1.html?KW=hd11+restoration+paint+and+body+sho
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:49am
They might help a little but they are sure ugly.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by AC Mel AC Mel wrote:

Jerry, That would be called "a poor mans semi u blade"...maybe you shouldn't cut them off yet...maybe you might have a bunch of dirt or gravel to push?...just sayin...I did remove some off  the HD11B that we restored last year.

photo 011_zps3g5kaoh9.jpg
Don't think you will find those in the AC parts book though. I did get out my official AC tool# 7006BT   (BIG TORCH)...it worked as designed
 photo hd11 restoration 031_zpst7s8i3ja.jpg
We removed them for the restoration of the HD11..
 photo hd11 restoration 030_zpso4t6vjfz.jpg

That description fits pretty well Mel. Great hearing from you. At first my thoughts were to leave the wings on but in my opinion, they take away from the look of the tractor. They just don't look like they should be there. As far as them being in any AC book or plans, I didn't take that seriously. I think the owner was more likely saying it was done by an AC shop that at the time had done several of them for the construction project this tractor was used on. Original owner bought the unit for the I-94 Michigan highway project. He was a sub contractor and was clearing right of way. the area of Michigan he was working on was primarily sand and gravel. No big rock or clay. Thank you for joining in. I admire your work and wishing you and your family a speedy recovery.
if you didn't see that post..check it out
http://www.allischalmers.com/forum/hd11b-restoration-paint-body-shop-is-open_topic134757_page1.html?KW=hd11+restoration+paint+and+body+sho
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 10:59am
Originally posted by CAL(KS) CAL(KS) wrote:

They might help a little but they are sure ugly.

Amen Cal. i don't like them on my baby. I will say however that the dude whom put them on was sure to not scrimp on steel. they were not just welded on, he braced them forward and back and added gussets. Should bring a good price at the steel mill when I get them off. I will save some of the long plates for future use,,, like the battleship I want to build for our pond that I want to put in.   :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic