This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sick and tired

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sick and tired
    Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 7:49am
Of the cold, cannot get anything done further until get a warm spell as my shop(Barn) has no heat. Even with a heater the doors don't seal so drafty and still cold or will rain inside as humidity comes up.

Really looking to 50+ degree weather so I cn get back on the machine!
Sponsored Links

Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 8:04am
My machines are outside. What I dislike the most is how the huge hunk of iron can suck the heat from any part of me that touches my HD6G.
Cheer up the days are getting longer now
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 10:02am
I remember my dads old shop a old recycled tin buiding with a wood stove made from an old oil drum that would glow red he burnt everything in it from old scrap lumber to pine it had a old schd 40 steet pipe sticking out the side of the building he had an old bathtub with diesel in it for a parts washer he kelp his filters and new parts in 2 old refridators that didn't work they were quite a few hd6s torn down and rebuilt in that building in the winters
Bob(FL) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob(FL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 1:13pm
I would love to trade you some weather, 84 and 70% humidity here in florida, shirt is soaking wet.
Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2014 at 4:51pm
It's warm here today. -11ºC (+12ºF).
Monday was -45ºC, -53ºC with the wind.

Andrew

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 9:55am
The weather doesn't bother me, it's the "not being able to do anything" that gets to me.  Wish it was getting close to +50, but that is months away yet. 
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 10:14am
Agree with Ted. Gettin SHACK HAPPY!!!!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2014 at 3:57pm
I have been cage crazed for about two weeks, equipment is just sitting too cold to get anything done and I need to get caught up on projects. Did end up getting a small surgery done to my right middle finger, had a ganglion cyst that would not go away, kept getting worse so had it removed, nasty and sore right now, no oil or dirt for a short time until stitches out and healed properly.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2014 at 10:45am
We tried to alleviate some of that cabin fever on the weekend by building a sled hill for the young 'uns.  Here is a picture of my wife making it and one of  the "crew"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic