This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shreveport Pull

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shreveport Pull
    Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 7:50am
Today and Tomorrow
      Great weather on tap for this weekend pull.  3 days of sun and in the 70s
      Been raining allot.   Got another 1 1/2 soaker all day Wednesday.  Hope the track gets dry enough for good pulling this evening.  I will post more . I hope with  Pictures of ACs doing their thing pulling.
Sponsored Links

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 1:14pm
Enjoy it Ken, we're supposed to get rain stating this evening clear through t sometime Monday and cool 50 or below in Ohio
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 2:32pm
Ken,
 Hope the rain holds out enough you can pull! If you get a chance snap some pictures too.
Last pull I went to I got third place out of three tractors. The D17  in the 5000 lb class just had no bite on that hard track. Even had the long drawbar on. 
Regards,
Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2018 at 3:22pm
Hope you have good weather! They are predicting a nor'easter for our area with freezing rain. sleet and that four letter word that stats with s...
I had 19 F for a temperature this morning.
Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2018 at 3:41am
The whole pulling team really has to work the mushy track from 9am to just before the drivers meeting. The sun came out and a dry NW wind and working the mush with a AC D grader we actually got it pullable after Shreveport got 4 1/2 " of rain Wednesday and Thursday night.
     My goal is to take a pix of all the AC pullers today and post them here no later than sometime Sunday
     My first pull in 2500 weighted was a fill pull for 1st. Got a 1st in 3000 weighted way ahead of a 2nd place  nice Oliver 66. A third in 3500.  Had too much weight ahead of the rear axle . Trying again in 3500 today with a balance adjustment.. Should do better than a 3rd place.
    Biggest AC puller here was a D17.  Would like to see some bigger Allis pullers next year in this area.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:16am

Edited by Ken in Texas - 28 Oct 2018 at 10:27am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:17am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:18am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:19am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:21am

Edited by Ken in Texas - 28 Oct 2018 at 11:04am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
Don't know why but the forum made me stop posting more pix of ACs at the Shreveport State Fair of LA Pull.     Trying again.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:32am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:33am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:35am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:38am
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:44am
Almost missed this AC.   Kenneth C got caught on camera loading up his ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 10:57am
Pretty nice bunch of AC Orange at Shreveport .   All did well.  Most went home with at least one 1st, 2nd or 3rd place ribbon.
      In 3000 weighted  My SFW CA and the C (second pic) belonging  to Jeff Collins got into a full pull pulloff where he got me by a bunch . Don't feel real bad getting beat by a another AC. Just wish it was closer than a bunch.
 BTW  Jeff joined the FORUM yesterday.   Probably hear from him here soon.

Edited by Ken in Texas - 28 Oct 2018 at 11:00am
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 1:06pm
Do you guys pull all winter?

My wife will retire in 2020 and we are looking for somewhere warm to spend part of the winter. Although I like Florida, I am resisting the 55+ park thing. I would like to have a place where I can have a garage and fool around with a couple tractors in my spare time.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 2:27pm
WF.
You are welcome to spend your winters in the Lone Star State.   Henderson is near the big towns of Longview and Tyler. We may get a bit of snow once in a while some winters.
    ACs of the smaller variety are quite popular in these parts
    Leave your NY accent at home .     It's BUMPER not Bumpah

Edited by Ken in Texas - 28 Oct 2018 at 2:34pm
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 3:03pm
Ken: what size rear tires are on that C with the CA front end? Every true southerner MUST do their part to beautify the south by putting a yankee on the bus back to where they belong.🙀

Edited by PaulB - 28 Oct 2018 at 3:41pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 4:18pm
Thumbs Up      You know why a Texan compares a yank to Hemaroyds . They give us a pain in the arsh and you cant make em go back where they came from .  
Somebody from the upper Midwest is still welcome in the southern Midwest
 (Texas)
  Not a pulling post. Sorry

Edited by Ken in Texas - 28 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 5:12pm
I am far from a NY City guy. Actually, we are right on the Canadian border, about 60 miles from Montreal and the same from Ottawa. We do have 26 letters in our alphabet (including the letter R).  We do say Eh a lot like our neighbors to the north.

By the way Paul, since you live about 10 miles south of the Mason-Dixon line, you are almost a Yankee...
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 5:19pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 5:25pm
Do we pull in the winter was the Question before we got off track. Yes if you  call November Winter. Next pretty close pull to me is in Winnsboro Louisiana.
Your link to a map of the Canadian border was good one WF

Edited by Ken in Texas - 28 Oct 2018 at 7:20pm
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2018 at 8:26pm
Ken,
 Congratulations on your wins! Great pictures of the various orange pullers too! Your CA did real good! 
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 7:34am
Ken: It looks like you get to see more orange tractors at a single pull than I do at all the pulls I go to in a year combined. I wish there were more AC pullers that would come out in my area. If you could run 2nd gear that C wouln’t be able to get close to you. Low gear pulling is designed by the owners of half motor tractos, so others don’t take away the 50 cent trophy 🏆 Also more people need to appreciate the fun that can be had on a little tractors 😻

Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

By the way Paul, since you live about 10 miles south of the Mason-Dixon line, you are almost a Yankee...

Close only counts in horseshoes and handgranades ☠️ Re read your Jr. High school history, even before the civil war was officially started, marshal law was imposed on the entire state of Maryland. When the Maryland legislation was about to vote on the issure our representatives at the time were arrested, preventing a vote until later when all the southern symposthizers were in jail and the two houses had been packed with those aligined with the union.

Edited by PaulB - 29 Oct 2018 at 11:57am
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2018 at 7:36am
Ken.  I have to agree. D17s are usually the largest AC at most tractor pulls.  I dont think there are many D19 pullers out there and there is a pretty good gap from D17s up to 180s and 190s and usually its 1960 and older for antiques.  My club was the same way,  and that was part of the reason I chose to pull the UC.  I start at 5000lbs.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2018 at 8:24am
I pulled against a 1966 Oliver 66 .     No contest . 
His AC was the very nice restored D17 propane pictured on the trailer
Bodean View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2018 at 8:22pm
Now Mr.Ken you know he would enjoy the winter better down here in bayou country plus we have the LSU Tigers lol. Btw those tires are 12.4-28. Really hoping you can make it to the Winnsboro pull
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 7:34am
Thanks Jeff for joining the forum and making your first post.  PaulB was asking abut your tire size.  I think he has a pair of 28 rims he made up for sale.  I can't stand getting thrown under the bus again by a C with a CA front  because of tire size .
      Thanks for all the help changing trailer tire and moving the trailer by hand so I could hook up and load out.   Needed a beer after that.
       April in Henderson will be here before you know it . 

Edited by Ken in Texas - 01 Nov 2018 at 7:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic