This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shameless's midnight Walmart run

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shameless's midnight Walmart run
    Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:19pm
I heard what he's up to on them midnight Walmart runs. He's taking dimes and super glue ing them to the floor and then watching to see people trying to pick them up.
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 1:20pm
takes more than a dime these days. me thinks... although I still pick up pennies.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 3:17pm
 One of my younger Brothers will race you to a penny layin on the ground,,,and will mark the place with a cross,,,which is good from one standpoint,,,he's got a brand new trk,,,,chit,,Thinkin I be startin to pick em up tooooooo,,,,,Clap
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 3:17pm
It is a mixed up world we live in when the Abby advice column some years  ago says it costs you money to stop and pickup a penny. But I still do it too Floyd.LOL

Them people of Walmart Confused that are on the youtube most likely need folding money before they bend over Wacko for it.

I did see an O'l shamers type guy have fishing line taped to a dollar bill at a picnic once. But he chickened out,about letting it blow away and teasing people.   

Edited by Ray54 - 02 Feb 2019 at 3:21pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 5:14pm
If you can pick up 1 per second, that's $36/hr...

I remember several years ago, a friend was movin his produce stand, and I had about $3 in change, mostly nickels, dimes, quarters.  He was movin the change counter, and was rakin out the ground fer change that the kids who had worked fer him had dropped...

Every time he'd turn his back on me, I would chuck a few more coins, into the dirt, behind him.  Best $3.00 I ever spent, fer entertainment purposes...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 02 Feb 2019 at 5:17pm
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:21pm
DD, did you notice if he was turning his back to you more often so you would do that? Wink    Fastest three bucks he ever made. LOL  
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 7:54pm
From some of those Walmart pictures I have seen they cannot even bend over to tie their shoes let alone pick up a penny.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2019 at 9:24pm
I knew an old guy once probably weighed in at 300 and was all of 5' 6".  He stuggled to bend over and pick up a penny.  Someone their asked him; "As rich as you are why would you do that?"  He turned to them and smiled and said; "How do you think I got so rich?"

True story!  That old guy had a little red sports car and it took him 5 minutes to get in or out of it!LOL
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
GARY(OH/IN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GARY(OH/IN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:39am
I pick up every coin I see and immediately say...... Ah, tax free income.

An employee and I have been known to hold up traffic at drive thru fast foods pushing each other trying to get at the most coins that were thrown on the ground by customers.

Once tore down a junk mobile home on property I bought and found over $7000 in coin and paper. Washed and rolled all the coins. Also found a new 410 pump in the box, lots of Snap On, and tons of other stuff. It was stacked to the ceiling throughout. Had to squeeze in the door sideways.

Last story. Years ago one Friday a friend and I cashed our checks at a drive thru bank at lunch.Cashier sent the money out in those little envelopes with our names written in big felt pen. Harold emptied the cash and I stuck his envelope in my pocket for a little fun. I put some paper slips and some various size washers in it and dropped it name up on the floor in an aisle of the factory where I could keep an eye on it. I was kind of peeking around a newspaper I appeared to be reading at all the action. Many would spot it, step on it and then pick it up and Gothca! Finally a supervisor came by did the step and kicked it between the Blanchard grinders where there was some privacy. He came out of there red faced and walked directly to me, tore it up and said if that had been Harold's money he would have made sure it got it. I said "yeah sure, that's why you went and hid between the Blanchards". Harold coincidentally was riding to work with this person and wouldn't have had the $5 on him to pay for that week. I took Harold home that day and this all happened at New Idea Farm Equipment in Coldwater , Ohio in the machine room.

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 1:55am
I also pick up any coins I see, outside convienient stores are the best place to see coins on the ground. the kids throw their change they get out there because it's not "cool" to have any change in their pockets. I have super glued some coins on top of newspaper boxes before.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2019 at 5:39am
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

DD, did you notice if he was turning his back to you more often so you would do that? Wink    Fastest three bucks he ever made. LOL  

He didn't figger it out fer an hour, when others there told him that it was me, messin with him.  He was an intensely liberal conspiracy theorist, and I knew exactly how to yank his chain...Wink
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2019 at 11:45pm
Wow, Gary, you really lucked out on that trailer, probably made a good sized payment on the property!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2019 at 6:29pm
Back in the 1950's the gals at the local restruarnt had a big old tightwad for a customer. Every time he came in the first thing he did was check the coin return on the pay phone. He was a real pain in the butt as a customer, so the gals glued a dime to the bottom of the coin return. He worked and worked to get the dime. He finally went home and got a flat top screwdriver and pry'd it loose. Gals said he worked up a big old sweat just to get that dime. Bonnie, who was a waitress in the cafe told me this. She said the gals laughed all afternoon.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 2:50pm
Ifin that were to happen today it would be all over Facebook
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2019 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by HD6GTOM HD6GTOM wrote:

Back in the 1950's the gals at the local restruarnt had a big old tightwad for a customer. Every time he came in the first thing he did was check the coin return on the pay phone. He was a real pain in the butt as a customer, so the gals glued a dime to the bottom of the coin return. He worked and worked to get the dime. He finally went home and got a flat top screwdriver and pry'd it loose. Gals said he worked up a big old sweat just to get that dime. Bonnie, who was a waitress in the cafe told me this. She said the gals laughed all afternoon.

well, to be fair, back in the fifties that dime would buy you a bottomless cup of coffee, or a loaf of bread
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic