This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Setting up for Covered Bridge Days tomorrow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Setting up for Covered Bridge Days tomorrow
    Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 7:50pm
They have us come at certain times. I always get stuck at the earliest time. Up at 6:00 AM again and head out. Might be the last time, we'll see.
Sponsored Links

200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2023 at 7:52pm
Grandson said he'll help set up. Hope so.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2023 at 9:51pm
have fun...someday we'll make it over there for that celabration. do you get to set up inside the bridge?
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 9:18pm
I sorta wish we did. I set up 2 pop ups and 3 tables. Saturday was sorta bad with sprinkles off and on most of the day. Sales wise, it was the best day we ever had at covered Bridge. Today was a little better, no sprinkles. Todays sales were $50.00 less than yesterday. So Two great sales days. The only problem was the gal to the south of me. She started up a very loud generator and let the darn thing run wide open for two days. The folks between us were able to move, but I had to stay there and grin and bare it. Was glad to get home. I had me Serries 4 hat on and got to talk to a lot of AC fans. Plummer Scan stopped buy along with quite a few more. One couple wanted to know the secret to putting brakes on their WD 45. It's been 40+ years since I put brakes on dads so I wasn't o lot of help to them. It was a good but busy and tiring time.
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2023 at 9:28pm
Dale, Roseman Covered Bridge is only 1 mile from my house. If you ever make it over, I'll give you a personal tour. Remember Roseman bridge is supposed to be haunted. So you better show up about 1:00 in the afternoon. The storie is,. A prisoner escaped from Jail, ,I don't know if it was from Winterset or Macksburgs jail. The possie chased him into the bridge and surrounded the bridge. When the possie entered the bridge, the prisoner was nowhere to be found. No holes were in the bridge, the possie lit torches but he was nowhere to be found. He was never seen again.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2023 at 6:35am
Id never been to the festival before in spite of hunting at my sister's place near there year after year. Tom, it was great talking to you. Glad I took time out to do so. Can't wait to give those honey products a try.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic