This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ser# DD3203 grader

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ser# DD3203 grader
    Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
Brand new green as a gourd. Sorry to say after two days of searching have not been able to locate a water pump. I don't want people to think I'm lazy and not willing to put the time in on research but I need help. my pump has 4 bolts at the bottom and bolts on to the block.
Sponsored Links

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:15pm
I'm thinking it should be the same water pump as on a D 15.

Oops, was thinking of my 621 Forklift which has a D15 engine.  WD engine for the grader.

Edited by JohnCO - 11 Jan 2019 at 1:45am
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

I'm thinking it should be the same water pump as on a D 15.

Certain  wd/wd45's may interchange with your grader's engine...  NOT same as d-15, AFAIK...
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:31pm
Did you check out Minnpar? The parts catalog there for a DD in your serial number range shows #74513631 as a number for the water pump. Searching that number on their site shows it has been replaced by 74517363 (they have one and a photo of it). That appears to be same as a D19 diesel uses. If it is the same as a D19D there are many aftermarket pumps available. Have your casting number available as you check on them. If it is the same pump, something I ran into when I got a water pump for my D19 is that I had to cut the bypass tube, which was too long for the new pump's casting, and put a short hose between the pieces.
sparky52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:44pm
Some of the confusion I'm having is the pump number is different in the grader parts book from the parts numbers in tractor books. my sense is telling me if one is the same as the other, what's the deal with the part numbers. Same pump different numbers? my engine is a 262 diesel serial number DD3203. my problem is I don't know what tractor the 262 came with and my pump has a metal line that hooks to the water jacket, and of course the top and bottom radiator hoses.
sparky52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:51pm
Yes Jim.ME I down loaded the Minnpar parts book that covers my serial number, but thanks I did not have the new part number that supercedes the old number. also thanks for the casting number information.
sparky52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:00pm
first time on forum good experience and information thanks.
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 5:28am
I got the number change by doing a search for the number from the parts book on the Minnpar site to see if they had the pump, since they sell parts. The site says they have a pump and it showed the number change in the pump info there.

Here are a couple photos of my D19D pump. The metal line you mentioned is the one I had to shorten and reconnect with hose and clamps, due to a variation between my old pump housing and the new one. It uses 4 bolts (3/8") to mount to the block. A lot of sites show the casting numbers on the pump housing for reference as well. HTH

Jim

sparky52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:56am
Yes Yes that looks the same as what I have, I'll check the casting numbers thanks.
Ross D. View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ross D. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 12:38pm
DD 3203 appears to be a 1965 model. Please post some pictures of this fine machine.   Ross D.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 6:08pm
D-262 was a buda motor, used in D-19.  the 230 is what I have in mine, I think there is a difference in the WP's, has to do with how pump attaches to head, IIRRWink
sparky52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 7:58pm
sure I'll post some pictures Ross D. Bought this little unit just north of Baton Rouge from the city of Baker La, very tight for its age all gear boxes , pumps ,cylinders had been rebuilt recently. Has creeper box decent tires, Cab. The fan blades were bent a little on the end think that is what put the play in water pump shaft.
sparky52 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparky52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:39pm
Thanks for your help I have been swimming with an anchor.
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2019 at 6:28am
The 262 engine was used in the D-17 diesel and all versions of D-19. Also used in C II and early F combines. There are different waterpumps that will put the fan at a different height.  The D-17 D might be the only one with the lower fan shaft. Had an incorrect pump shipped years ago and discovered the difference.  Casting # would be a good help
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic