This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Classifieds
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scam list

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scam list
    Posted: 01 May 2023 at 6:31pm
Want to start a list of known scammers to reference.  Possibly be a sticky message to stay at the top?  Not sure how to do that.

I will start with

Job87
Sponsored Links

34 Airflow View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 34 Airflow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by im4racin im4racin wrote:

Want to start a list of known scammers to reference.  Possibly be a sticky message to stay at the top?  Not sure how to do that.

I will start with

Job87

Great idea as I have become more apprehensive putting parts wanted ads up as I have heard so many horror stories. Thankfully so far I have been well looked after by long term forum members. 
1937 Model A, 1937 Model U, 1929 United, 1945 Model C, 1949 WF, 1948 WC, 1956 D272 and a Roto Baler
http://www.australianallischalmersregistry.com/
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 11:28am
Absolutely!  The lowlife pm'd me about the 3rd link holder I'm looking for, and evidently didn't read the whole post.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:12pm
Please just add the profile name.  The less comments on this being a good idea or how one on the list got you isn’t needed.  The less crap on this thread will keep it cleaner and easier to reference.
structures View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote structures Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2023 at 9:29am
These are my own rules I follow.

1. Don't communicate with sellers who have 1 or 2 posts.  Most scammers have 0 posts.
2. Making a phone call IMO will eliminate 99% of scam sellers.
3. There is an element of trust when buying something and sending a check or using paypal.  A seller/buyer that has made many post in the forums is more than likely honest.
4. Get pictures for anything you are buying that is being shipped to you.  
Matt Tallant View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Tallant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2023 at 3:46pm
Scammers have taken over FB
I have wiped my hands of them
Bird76Mojo View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 7:13pm
I got a PM from "Job87" asking me to email his friend Ray at stevenraymon75@gmail.com about the parts I put up an ad looking for.

SCAM
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 7:39am
The only 2 replies I had when looking for tie bars were from scammers!
whiteben185 wanted me to contact his buddy shawndoug463@gmail.com
bchrist3 wanted me to contact him balechrist3@gmail.com
Watch out guys and gals! These scum of the earth are desperate!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo wrote:

I got a PM from "Job87" asking me to email his friend Ray at <span style=": rgb43, 43, 59;">stevenraymon75@gmail.com</span> about the parts I put up an ad looking for.

SCAM

I got the same one about a 200 battery box I was looking for
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2023 at 8:08am
Not that moderator needs more to do. What if he did a wanted post. And go fishing for the bad guys.
Just a thought. Not sure how it would work
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2023 at 11:48pm
I got ANOTHER private message from Job87 trying to scam me again...
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 6:35am
Jonnmark071 is another one that sent a pm to me overnight.  Add it to the list.  It said Chris Jeff has a valve, along with an email address.  I just deleted it.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 5:09am
Originally posted by DCAC DCAC wrote:

Jonnmark071 is another one that sent a pm to me overnight.  Add it to the list.  It said Chris Jeff has a valve, along with an email address.  I just deleted it.

I just got a similar PM from Jonmark071. He has no posts.
V8cat359 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote V8cat359 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 5:12am
Johnmark071 just tried some B...Sh.. with me. Add them to the list.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 3:18pm
Anyone get pm from Karenmichael
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2023 at 7:09am
Got a pm from a newly joined and never posted guy. But this time told me to contact another forum member that’s been a member for awhile. 
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 2:20am
Another scammer sent me this PM:

Jonnmark071
Group - Bronze Level Bronze Level
air filter system with tubing
Add to Buddy List Add Buddy  Delete Delete  Reply To Private Message Reply
Contact Chris Jeff has a air filter system with tubing trying to part out with and it's in excellent condition. You can contact him through christopherjeff286@gmail.com. You thank me later!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 5:54am
I got the "You thank me later!" deal too. I can picture, in my mind, someone with English as a second language saying that.

Maybe he meant that you would thank him when you send money for something you would never receive!
49WF View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 49WF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 4:04pm
The jonnark071 hit me on my ad for the corn head
More than I need
DCAC View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DCAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 5:52am
Just got another pm from johnmark071 overnight.  If the clown is actually reading posts on hear, I'd think they'd figure out we're on to them...
Fred in Pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fred in Pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 7:01am
A Forum member had PM  me about parts ,I ask for a email or  phone number so I could send pictures  they never responded .This very well may be why .I have sold the parts to another person. 
He who dies with the most toys is,
nonetheless ,still dead.
If all else fails ,Read all that is PRINTED.
Just because you do not have the tools for job , it dose not make it a bad design.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 5:49pm
I received this in the overnight hours from Jonnmark071 on a WTB gear from this site:

Gear for M&W gravity wagon
Contact Chris Jeff has a Gear for M&W gravity wagon trying to part out with and it's in excellent condition. You can contact him through christopherjeff286@gmail.com. You thank me later!

I sent an email to the referenced individual and got a reply. He wants $125.00 shipped for a small pinion gear. This is a cut from the response and the english is lacking:

Thanks for reaching out to me. Sorry for the late in response as i was very busy i just get chance to check my email now. Yes i still have the M&W Gravity Wagon pinion gear for model 400 and It has dual chutes available for sale in excellent condition. I am asking $125 shipped. And i will be shipping via USPS priority mail or FedEx whichever you prefer the asking price includes shipping. And will accept payment via PayPal. What's your complete shipping address?

Thanks.

Christopher.

Don't know if legit or not but not going to go further with it.

Edited by Codger - 05 Jun 2023 at 7:38pm
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 5:03am
Originally posted by Codger Codger wrote:

I received this in the overnight hours from Jonnmark071 on a WTB gear from this site:

Gear for M&W gravity wagon
Contact Chris Jeff has a Gear for M&W gravity wagon trying to part out with and it's in excellent condition. You can contact him through christopherjeff286@gmail.com. You thank me later!

I sent an email to the referenced individual and got a reply. He wants $125.00 shipped for a small pinion gear. This is a cut from the response and the english is lacking:

Thanks for reaching out to me. Sorry for the late in response as i was very busy i just get chance to check my email now. Yes i still have the M&W Gravity Wagon pinion gear for model 400 and It has dual chutes available for sale in excellent condition. I am asking $125 shipped. And i will be shipping via USPS priority mail or FedEx whichever you prefer the asking price includes shipping. And will accept payment via PayPal. What's your complete shipping address?

Thanks.

Christopher.

Don't know if legit or not but not going to go further with it.

Just for the heck of it, you should ask him to send you a picture of the part.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2023 at 5:35am
He did actually send a photo of some gears; none of which are anything like needed.

Here is the attached photo:

Usually when someone responds with a @gmail.com disposable email address without a phone number also, the red flag goes up. This coupled with electronic payment as the only option.....
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Tim NH View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim NH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 4:59am
Just  got a PM from Jonmark 071. Told me to email christopherjeff286@gmail.com he has what I need.
1950 WD 1959 D14 1955 WD45 1976 7000 B 207
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2023 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Tim NH Tim NH wrote:

Just  got a PM from Jonmark 071. Told me to email christopherjeff286@gmail.com he has what I need.

Yes, and looking into the profile, the Jonmark 071 is based out of the UK.

Scam for certain I'm thinking.
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird76Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2023 at 6:31pm
Another scammer. No I won't thank you later.

Jonnmark071 

air filter system with tubing

Contact Chris Jeff has a air filter system with tubing trying to part out with and it's in excellent condition. You can contact him through christopherjeff286@gmail.com. You thank me later!
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2023 at 7:13am
Another to add to the list I'm certain.

New member, no posts, and references a @gmail address for the gear I'm needing.

Edited by Codger - 16 Jun 2023 at 7:14am
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2023 at 10:54am
Received another pm from Jonnmark071 in reference to the gear I'm seeking. Referenced the same email address as earlier.
d restorer View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d restorer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 10:50am
I want all to know I had what i thought was a member mail me saying he has a friend who has the parts for my tractor i was looking for and here's his email,  i then emailed him and he said I have your parts just give me your address and use Google pay for payment which I did. Next day i was on this forum and found another posted scam using the name (asak324) this is the same scammer who contacted me along with                                                         (Correa Joseph <correajo124@gmail.com>)  and (Kainanryan5@gmail.com)  (qcvtrades@gmail.com)    I want all to  Be on the lookout for these addresses .  Unfortunately for them they picked the wrong guy to scam. Sometimes you don’t know who you’re dealing with.

I to received and e-mail from this piece of crap Jonnmark071

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic