This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Saved an AC Planter Today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saved an AC Planter Today
    Posted: 22 Oct 2010 at 10:49pm
Guy up the road had 4 row no till and I had thought about asking him about it and hadn't. Met him on the road with it today and he said he was taking it to cut it up for scrap so I paid him what we figured it would bring and now I own it. I think it is a 333 but am just guessing. It is a little rough but I needed a cheap planter for next year. I may cut it down and make a 2 row maybe. How do you usually fertilize when you no til.JP    
Sponsored Links

Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 8:05am
Has it got #78 air units? If so I would be interested in purchasing an aluminum seed housing and double disc opener bracket from you if you don't need all four units. Oh yeah, I broadcast fertilize.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
Skyhighballoon(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyhighballoon(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 8:14am
Jack - glad you saved it.  Assume you mean no-till corn?  We plant everything with a no-till planter (corn) or drill (beans & wheat).   Fields only get tillage after spreading lime or for my plow days (usually the corn stubble).

If weather works out, we usually put on most of our Nitrogen for corn using anhydrous tool-bar in the spring because it's SO much cheaper than dry fertilizer.  My corn always follows wheat/double crop soybeans from the year before so I have a very clean field with little residue and the anhydrous knives disturb little soil.

P & K and any additional N get spread with a fertilizer spreader.  P & K can be put on at any time before planting without loss and the rain will dissolve it and take it into the ground.  If you use all dry N fertilizer, use Ammonium Nitrate (34-0-0) if it's going to sit on the ground a while waiting for rain - more expensive but you won't lose any.  If you can time it right just before a rain, you can use cheaper Urea (46-0-0) and get more N for your $$$ but if it sits on the ground without being rained in or tilled in you'll lose a good portion of it to evaporation over a couple days.  Mike  
1981 Gleaner F2 Corn Plus w 13' flex
1968 Gleaner EIII w 10' & 330
1969 180 gas
1965 D17 S-IV gas
1963 D17 S-III gas
1956 WD45 gas NF PS
1956 All-Crop 66 Big Bin
303 wire baler, 716H, 712H mowers
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 10:04am
We are not so lucky, all we have is a JD 1240 planter that works as it does when it wants to and a old IH drill both that have to have soft ground, that is why I bought the Massey disc to overhaul so we can get better results from what we have.  Our last disc was too light and too far gone to overhaul; bIL has a 2 bottom for his 600 Ford so that we can get the ground opened up enough to use the disc, I may look to a four bottom wheel type as I get time to go looking again.
Jack(Ky) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack(Ky) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2010 at 9:22pm
I am not sure what number it is but it does not have air units on it. I can't find the tag on it but it has the old round-tall seed cans. It also has the round pipe tongue. I have looked at a few 333's on tractor house and they had rectangular  tongues. Somebody tell me what I have. It does have the wave type coulters on it and no fertilizer boxes.JP 
Lonn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2010 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Jack(Ky) Jack(Ky) wrote:

I am not sure what number it is but it does not have air units on it. I can't find the tag on it but it has the old round-tall seed cans. It also has the round pipe tongue. I have looked at a few 333's on tractor house and they had rectangular  tongues. Somebody tell me what I have. It does have the wave type coulters on it and no fertilizer boxes.JP 

I think it's probably not a 333 but I don't know if they changed the hitch at some point. Maybe a 600 series.
-- --- .... .- -- -- .- -.. / .-- .- ... / .- / -- ..- .-. -.. . .-. .. -. --. / -.-. .... .. .-.. -.. / .-. .- .--. .. ... -
Wink
I am a Russian Bot
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic