This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sale HD11B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: sale HD11B
    Posted: 01 Aug 2014 at 8:17am

I have decided to try to sell my HD11B (serial # 2675 ) .I would like to see it go to some body that will get practicle use out of it and put it right like it should be treated.I put new batteries and a new starter and an electric push button ( for starting) in it successfully with this groups help.I removed the two ideler yokes repaired them and re-installed them successfully ( except for a crushed and broken finger) and they adjust great.It has a broken spring seat on the right side which was jambed under the yoke screw when I got it ( since removed)  but some past owner loosened up the spring shackel enough to put a piece of spring from the shackel over to the track frame which raises the rest of the springs enough to balence them but not contain them in rough ground.Needs a replacement or newly made seat.Should be fairly easy to make one.Radiator needs work(begins to over heat after about 250 yards --- won't hold water in it)and I shut it down so no damage will happen.Let it cool off for about 6 hours and run it again( took 2 days to get it home this way and about 7 gallons of anti-freeze) ..Left side steering clutch frozen in the active position.I actually got it running well (started the first time after sitting 5 years in about 5 seconds with no ether.). Drove it about one half a mile to my house with no problem.Just backed up with the right steering clutch dis-engaged if I wanted to turn left. Machine has a full operaters cab ( needs new glass ) with heater in it .Heater never used and needs re-placed( should be minimal cost ) . All gages work and are reading in operationally correct range when I run it .Rail assembly has been nickle welded in one segment since I got it 10 years ago.Buyer could replace it it need be because a full extra trac(38 pad ) comes with machine.A few pins as well are it tool tray under seat.Seat and arm pads (over battery boxs) need replaced.Ran very strong when first started.Slowly lost some power as I ran it home --- likely sediment from 5 year old fuel clogging fuel filters.Still starts and runs every time I push the button.Sell to best offer.Like to make a decission on sale or scrap as soon as possible .Located about 8 miles south of Front Royal , Virginia Zip code22640  Machine lived in a stone quarry most of its life until I bought it from a farmer who got it from them.     Mac McGrail   maccountry22640@yahoo.com   

Mac McGrail
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic