This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

S dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: S dozer
    Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 7:15pm
I had this one for many years.

It was a WSO  serial # 1200----- wide gauge---oil engine  had a 10'4" hyd Baker blade on it!---steering clutch was out! I did get engine to run and it was a real powerhouse! thanks; ac fleet
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2014 at 9:16pm
Where did it go to?
 You said it had the oil engine, You mean it still had the injection pump on it ... and not coverted to carb, correct?

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 12:48pm
It had carb on it and was battery dist. ign---12-volt,--starter was also 12-v.
I sold it to a guy down the road for parts for his hd-10 (track parts and whatever else that fit)----thanks; ac fleet
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 3:22pm
If I am not mistaken, the oil engine was a higher compression than the gasolene burners were.  So when they converted the oil engines to gas /carb, it would have more power.
 Did yours still have the injection pump hanging on it? and injectors in the head?
If I remember right,, the SO was mallory ignition too.
 WSO were like finding hens teeth...
 Does the fellow still have the left overs of it? Thanks
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 9:16pm
No pump or injector remains!---just looked like one very large gas engine!!---still had a starting tank and plumbing with fuel valves to turn on big tank and turn off little tank after engine warmed up!----would have to look in the book that came with it to see what the cuin of the engine was! thanks; ac fleet
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2014 at 10:18pm
The engines cubes were 675... 5 3/4 x 6 1/2. 
 The origional oil engine would have had a canister of about a quart size with a rocker arm plunger pump on top that would have sprayed gasolene into the intake throat while you cranked it over to start it and you kept stroking the pump till the engine started and was running on diesel.
 What it sounds like was a lower compression engine for dual fuel set up... and I don't remember seeing anything about those engines coming with that option.
 I have an S that had the engine rebuilt and then had grousers refurbished with weldons and then they started redoing the steering clutches... and they left water in the engine and froze it. Thats when they  decided not to bother putting the crawler back together and I don't have all the parts required to renew the back end. Steering clutches were left exposed.  and the crack in the block is from end to end. So I was looking.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic