This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roto-bailer belts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roto-bailer belts
    Posted: 31 Oct 2010 at 11:09pm
I'm trying to put a couple of new upper belts on my Roto-bailer.  I had them made the same length as the old ones which was 70 1/2 inches instead of 72 as specified in the manual.  Now, I can't get them to come together so I can join the lacing.  How do i get the rollers pulled together to accomplish this?  I tried opening the trip latches and pulling the trip arms out but that pulls the lower roll out as the top roll comes down and I don't seem to gain anything. Is there another method?  Do I need to unhook the two discharge springs and if so how do I do that?  I have been using a load strap with a ratchet to apply pressure but haven't been able to get it done.   Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.  DaleinSWWI
Sponsored Links

Matt MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 7:45am
Well, I am not sure where you get the 70 1/2" from but I believe all rotobalers require the 5.5” x 72” upper belts. that may be your problem? those homemade belts are too short.
Unless your are the lead horse the scenery never changes!!
DaleinWI View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 2:27pm
Matt,  You may be right but I cut off two endless belts (Probably Original?) and they both measured right at 70 and 1/2 inches.  So, that is what I had the man make me up.  I haven't measured what he made but have assumed and expect he has them at the length I requested.   Thanks for your input.  DaleinWI
KY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 2:58pm
Sounds to me like you need to replace all the belts at one time. If a few are tighter than the others im sure it will not bale correctly. Prior experiences with a rotobaler has shown me everything needs to be just right for it to operate correctly.
Ken McGregor View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken McGregor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 4:26pm
The easiest method of loosening the belts is to put a "jackall" jack under the bottom roller and lift it up. All belts will then be loose.

I have carried an old Chryser type car jack on each of my balers for years. This will always save you a lot of frustration in the field when things "bung-up" Believe me, things do!!!

regards,

Ken McGregor
greengenes View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengenes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2010 at 11:56pm

Anyone, Am looking for dealers or individuals looking to rid themselves of any or all roto baler parts inventories. My brother has 5 balers and has a hard time finding parts to keep his running. please reply if you know of any.

Thanks

Gene

DaleinWI View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaleinWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2010 at 10:34pm

The belts are on!  Thanks a lot fellows for all the help.   Would say though that it is quite a job to get the lacing fast together.  The older belts are a bit loose but I think the newer ones will stretch some and it will be about right.

Gene,  I'm quite a step from you but I know of a salvage yard near here that has three old rotobailers.  Dale
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic