This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

right to repair bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: right to repair bill
    Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:05am
have not heard much about it lately,  but it sounds like we have some utah elected officallals that would like it killed
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 1:29pm
Were those elected officials brought and paid for by John Deere and other big equipment companies? It certainly doesn't sound as if they are doing the best for those that vote in the ballet box instead of those with a checkbook.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2021 at 11:19pm
i thought the farmers won in some states? dunno which ones tho
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 6:23am
Any chance it'd apply to the WH ? LOT of repair needed there......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:18am
it also applies to the outdoor power equipment and power sports industries, the claim is it will affect the epa standards
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:20am
Originally posted by HudCo HudCo wrote:

have not heard much about it lately,  but it sounds like we have some utah elected officallals that would like it killed

What is this about? I don’t recall ever hearing this, please explain. TIA.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 10:52am
Those with power NEVER give it up. In this case the EPA and any and all other that have input on what comes out a exhaust pipe.We the people don't know a darn thing, just ask any of the government appointed officials. They are protecting us from ourselves, if you could get a answer.

Only took a second to figure who Hud could of been thinking of, one that we have all heard of at the national level. But this is not the political section, so the end. 
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 5:45pm
I would think that if it ever made it in front of a judge, Deere and all others would go down in flames. The OBD laws for road going vehicles put an end to exactly what Deere is trying to prevent. The automakers were refusing to allow any repair information to be released in order to force the owners to go back to a Ford, GM, Chrysler, etc dealer for repairs.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 8:30pm
no right or left here,  the the epa thing is just a small part of there argument , as far as our elected officals claim  it would take to much work from the dealers, now we are dealers in a bunch of stuff and i am glad our distributers our trying to help protect us indepndant shops at least for sales of our whole goods
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 9:06pm
Lars, you cant "FIX" your CELL phone or a JD tractor because you dont have access to the software for testing for problems... You have to go to the dealer.... Like mentioned, the AUTO companies lost that fight 10 years ago.. You can buy a scanner to talk to the cars computer and figure out the problems and fix yourself... You cant do that with a Tractor computer.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 4:30am
Well you can but the software to do so to add to a Diesel Laptop is EXPENSIVE and does not get into those "Proprietary" levels of data streams the customer could alter.  This is such a garbage process where I spoke of RVs owners allowed by EPA to ALTER or have altered software to over ride auto engine shut down software truckers cannot.  It also affects EPA Ability to mandate NO ALTERATIONS to environmental controls as EGR or Crankcase gases recovery or fuel delivery rates as seen on Cummins Dodge trucks or as my 7.3 that has a programmer to change the engine HP range(FOR RACING OR OFF ROAD PURPOSES ONLY) is the safe statement to be able to sell that product.

Changing a engine from a EPA Monster to a previous version so will get better economy or higher HP has always been a fight thru EPA and the Tree Huggers where a Garage getting paid is NOT Allowed to but the Owner can if not paying someone to do those alterations.  Several HD Diesel parts companies have been cited and fined for selling altering components for HD Trucks, this ruling could offset those rulings.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:39am
EPA rules make me want to turn up  the pumps on my trucks and blow black smoke all over.  
Skuzz Twittly wrote a song for the Tree Huggers (20) Scuzz Twittly - Keep Huggin' That Tree (cuz I got a chainsaw) - YouTube
Charlie175 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlie175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:02am
I am in favor of it but its not as simple as some note. It can affect the music industry, equipment,....a wide variety of impacts.
Charlie

'48 B, '51 CA, '56 WD45 '61 D17, '63 D12, '65 D10 , '68 One-Ninety XTD
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 2:59pm
I know in court I could blow the emissions levels effects argument out of the water in a minute or two. There are no scan tools in existence that can alter any engine performance levels or change/render emissions controls ineffective beyond any factory developed software. Anything that does is an aftermarket power up device and will void any power train warranty.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 4:37pm
i just whant to make sure that i can stay up to date and competitive be cause i have to make a living for alot more years to come
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 7:01pm
YEA.... your not trying to CHANGE the software to get around the EPA... You just want to USE it to analyze the tractor / truck and tell you what is wrong so you can do the maintenance.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic