This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Gear Part Number

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobDinNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Gear Part Number
    Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 6:47pm
I have a D10 S/N 4348 and I need to order a pinion shaft reverse gear.  My parts manual reads as follows: GEAR, pinion shaft, reverse (30T) (Eff. S/N D10-7760 & D12 S/N 6091 & Up)    What part number is used for D10 S/N 3501-7759?
Sponsored Links

Chad(WI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad(WI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 7:57pm
Bob....my parts book reads the same as yours, but also reads: "replaces 234004".  I can only assume that this gear number was used on the series one and two D-10 & D-12's. Hope this helps.
Rogers View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 8:57pm

The D10, D12, D14 and D15 use some of the same gears in the transmission. There was a change in the pinion teeth on later models. When you replace the reverse pinion gear you also have to replace the third gear on the pinion shaft because when in third gear the reverse gear pinion teeth lock into the inside of third gear. This is true for a D10 prior to SN 7760, a D12 prior to SN 6091, a D15 prior to SN 17565, and I believe a CA prior to SN 13291.

The gears were available from AGCO several years ago, but they were kind of pricey then. You can get aftermarket gears too if you want. Aftermarket gears aren't cheap either and run around 450.

Edited by Rogers - 18 Feb 2011 at 8:58pm
Think for yourself and be your own expert. Be willing to change your mind; however, willingness to change your mind doesn’t mean that you will. Blindly following any path is the pinnacle of insanity.
D10ACNC View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D10ACNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 7:19pm
What the latest on your transmission?  Find all the parts yet?  
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2011 at 8:01pm
I bet I have that gear here either NOS or good used.
BobDinNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobDinNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2011 at 7:52am

Yes, I think all the parts are on hand.  Today is the day for putting things back together.  I ordered the 3rd/reverse combination from Steiner.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic