This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"re-purposed" little Allis B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "re-purposed" little Allis B
    Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:48am
My in-laws found this plastic Ertl John Deere tractor at a yard sale. I "re-purposed" it with some Persian Orange and authentic decals. Will be a birthday present for my son when he turns 1 year old. Pretty happy with how it came out!

1947 C, 1949 B, 195? CA
60 series cultivator
fertilizer side dresser
2 bottom snap coupler plow
1 bottom plow, Cole planter
Sponsored Links

Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2016 at 9:53am
One GREAT JOB!!!  My favorite looks just great.
Funny, when you think of it there are hardly any models or other things made of the B.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:54am
Nobody will ever know.... LOL!
39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:34pm
Looks nice!
Says "C" but has a wide front, but kinda looks like a CA, since it doesn't have a bench seat. Lol
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:35pm
lol...it looks great! and it really don't even look like a green tractor either! prolly another city bots design that has never been around a tractor but may have seen one in a picture ad of a newspaper! when I worked at an AC dealer, I placed an ad in the local newspaper, was a big ad and cost a lot of money! when it came out, it was a pic of a green tractor with the AC info! I went in there and raised all kinds of H*LL with the publisher! he says to me...there's nothing wrong with that ad, it's a picture of a tractor! I said a different brand of tractor! he says, they are all the same and no one would notice! then I yelled at him that the farmers would notice and that's who we try to sell to, then said..."are you STUPID?" I pulled the advertising outta there and went elsewhere! and stopped the payment on the check! PffffT!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by shameless (ne) shameless (ne) wrote:

lol...it looks great! and it really don't even look like a green tractor either! prolly another city bots design that has never been around a tractor but may have seen one in a picture ad of a newspaper! when I worked at an AC dealer, I placed an ad in the local newspaper, was a big ad and cost a lot of money! when it came out, it was a pic of a green tractor with the AC info! I went in there and raised all kinds of H*LL with the publisher! he says to me...there's nothing wrong with that ad, it's a picture of a tractor! I said a different brand of tractor! he says, they are all the same and no one would notice! then I yelled at him that the farmers would notice and that's who we try to sell to, then said..."are you STUPID?" I pulled the advertising outta there and went elsewhere! and stopped the payment on the check! PffffT!
That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time!!! But I believe it!! Those city folks that don't know a tractor from a combine are terrible, but the ones that think "a tractor's a tractor" are even worse!

A side note...all in favor of seeing a pic of Shameless "working" (??) at the A-C dealership years ago, say "I"!

I!

Edited by CrestonM - 26 Aug 2016 at 1:40pm
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:41pm
I was thinking it should be in the 100 serries with that square hood. But it looks great alot nicer then green... lol
dpower View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 1:46pm
oh shameless you don't get mad, but we all know you get even
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 3:56pm
You made a silk purse out of a sows ear. It used to be.a piece of crap. Now it's cool!!!
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
wekracer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wekracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 10:07pm
I think you did better than me. I traded 2-22 rifles for an 8070 pedal tractor last summer. But they were common rifles and the tractor was in nice shape

Shameless. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall. That is really funny. City folk.
shameless (ne) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless (ne) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 12:28am
I was a salesman and human interest person for the company Creston! I don't think there are any pics! 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic