This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ranger Sized Replacement ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 7:20am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Tbone..
I've only put 100KM on in 20yr, so 5,000KM or  3,000 miles per year. Yeesh, I've been retired for 33 years so no need to drive to work. When I go out, I hit 4-5-7 places in ONE trip...
Brother who test drives cars for a job, sent me the 'build sheets' for his 2 latest rides. The Maserati was $150K , the Navigator $104K , Canucks of course. Dang 4x4 Ranger is $43K !
I still can't understand why no 2WD Rangers.....great sales on your side of the 49th. I've got friends in Holland,MI who are happy to drive my new truck to me this summer. Ain't no way they want to travel the 402 in Winter !
So, like I said, you ain't buying no brand new truck!Wink
Obviously you have access to better information to do your math.  I simply went 2020-1997 = 23.  87,000 / 23 = 3782.6 miles per year.

Ol' 200 and 100 is literally trying to help you out, and you're just shopping in case you total your truck, that would be 1 truck bought from Ford since 23 years gone by.  I'm guessing their marketing studies that show what vehicles should be available probably differ from your tastes a good bit.  Mine too, I happen to like driving a car, not a crossover.  Use a pickup on the farm obviously, but for driving, I prefer the comfort and performance of a car.  Not going to be many cars available soon, just a Focus or Mustang if I recall correctly, and that ain't quite in my wheelhouse anymore.
Sponsored Links

ford8nwd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ford8nwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 7:53am
I just sold my '89 Toyota truck, bought new 30 years ago, only 127,000 miles on it. Been a great little truck, but I've had little use for it the last few years. I put it on Craig's list and had 15 people wanting it, sold to the first guy for the asking price of 1200 bucks. It still ran like a brand new truck.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:34am
Yeesh, just been all round the federalguvsite here, turns out I cannot import a 2020 2WD Ranger ! though trying to get a HUMAN to explain why is impossible....
also GM don't make compact pickups anymore, nor does Mazda.... or Toyota..
I'm shaking my head over the fact I cannot buy a 2WD compact pickup in Canada...

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
200 10and20 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200 10and20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 10:51am
Jay I have been doing some research here and Ford Canada won't even allow a dealer trade for a 4x2. I will keep checking.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200 10and20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 11:01am
Chevy no longer makes a regular cab pickup and any Chevy about a 3500 is made by International!!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 1:32pm
200 ........... Could you buy a 2018 USED from an individual in Michigan and import to Canada ??

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Feb 2020 at 1:33pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 1:54pm
re: Could you buy a 2018 USED from an individual in Michigan and import to Canada ??

NO ! Transport Canada says NO.....there's a list of 'can't imports'....

Asked my brother who test drives / reports for a living.... ONLY 'ranger; size pickup is made by Nissan, named 'Frontier' . Dealer has 2017 ,used on lot..
about 1/4 of the new Navigator he showed up in ( 100K) , and a LOT less than the $160K Maserati  that didn't impress me....(no trailer hitch !)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200 10and20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

200 ........... Could you buy a 2018 USED from an individual in Michigan and import to Canada ??
Steve honestly that hasn't came up. Canada has some different rules. I have a Canadian Co. that buys new trucks from me but they have a place in the US. Trucks are sold and titled to the US location. I don't know if they ever end up in Canada. My guess is they have to buy trucks for the Canadian location from Canada and for the US location from the US. All together different markets and Ford divisions.

Edited by 200 10and20 - 27 Feb 2020 at 3:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic