This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radiator removal on old HDIIB

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radiator removal on old HDIIB
    Posted: 08 Aug 2014 at 1:37pm
Looking for some advise , again , please? I am going to attempt to remove the radiator on my HD11B (ser.#2675) & get it repaired/rebuilt .I've studied it quite a bit and the only thing I can't figure out is what kind of tool used in what way will allow me to first --- access and then turn (to remove and after re-install ) the three ("Service Manual " calls them ) Capscrews and high nuts --- attaching the radiator guard to the front fender attachment bracket ---  on both sides ?? I think I can get a socket and even the ratchet on the bottom but bolt on each side but can't figure how to get any thing on the nut on the other side of the "radiator guard".Even if I could do that I don't see where there is room to move the ratchet handle to even get one "click" on the ratchet or even get any strength on it if I could get one "click out of it ? Thats the 2 toughest ones but the 4 ( 2 on each side ) higher ones arn't much better ?? I don't see how ( even if I owned one ) I could ever get an air gun and socket in there ?
Happily looking for advise , again , please ??
            Mac McGrail    maccountry22640@yahoo.com
Mac McGrail
Sponsored Links

Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 4:30am
Been awhile Mac, so I dont recall the exact precedure, but I used a range of different wrenches, and like the starter removal we discussed, swivel sockets and extentions to get ratchets in more favourable positions. I`ve had a number of AC crawlers, and unlike some other makes, have not come across any disassembly/reassembly procedure on them that cant be done with reasonable effort. Thinking through some problem areas over a cold beer has helped.
maccountry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2014 at 4:59am
Good Morning Mactractor ,
    I clearly understand the "cold beer" recomendation ! Wether or not it solves the immediate problem becomes secondary after a few and at least that presents oppurtunity
for more pleasents persuits the rest of the day .
    I thought about simply torching the bolts off and replacing them on re-instal but the re-install has the same problems --- and since I havent bothered to remove the belly pan in 10 years and live in a forest its contents would likely make for a great Hibatchi --- burning the bolts it out .
    Appreciate the note though .
                 Mac McGrail      maccountry22640@yahoo.com 
Mac McGrail
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic